Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

And doing your *best* is probably better than making it perfect, I'd say. :)

There are volumes of books out there of lovely layouts that are "simple" in their design. I sort of go with that. Occasionally, inspiration hits me and I end up with some wonderful pages. But for the most part, I stick with simple to get them done.

Another technique you might want to consider or look up is Mosaic Moments. I took 2 of her classes at a recent CK Convention and wow was it worth it.

I need to take pictures of my last cruise from last year; in it, I have done some of these pages. It's a way to make a striking "pose" of your pictures without making pages and pages and pages of one event.

Next, I am going to start my cruise from September. I have another one coming THIS September, and I just have to finish this one first. :)

I'm in Quick Quotes monthly club and a Stampin Up! demonstrator.. but I use all kinds of stuff.. I love all the neat ideas here... I use my Copic markers and lots of distress inks in scrapbooking... made some seashell paper using Holtz distress inks on a baby white, 3 pale tints and a stamp!

IMHO scraplifing is sincerest form of flattery;)

I'm in Quick Quotes monthly club and a Stampin Up! demonstrator.. but I use all kinds of stuff.. I love all the neat ideas here... I use my Copic markers and lots of distress inks in scrapbooking... made some seashell paper using Holtz distress inks on a baby white, 3 pale tints and a stamp!

IMHO scraplifing is sincerest form of flattery;)

Caroline, I used to be in Stampin' Up! myself. I was #38 of all new demonstrators in 2004. I missed the cruise by like 2000. If I would have had the money, I would have bought it myself ;)

Anyway, I just bought myself some Copic markers, and would love to see a Tim Holtz demonstration on how to use some of his stuff. I am not in an area where there are a lot of up to date things going on. When I was in SU!, *I* was the one teaching people what was hip <G> LOL

I would love to have a catalog; would you be willing to send me one if I paid you for it?

I'm very frustrated and I'm sure you will all sympathetic. Yesterday was the last of a three day special at a local photography store were prints were half price. I've pulled the muscles in my dominant arm so was basically using my left to select and edit photos from my daughter's photos of our Caribbean cruise and send them thru the internet (115 pics). The download froze at 82 pics so that effort was lost. Sometimes, there is a problem if too many photos are sent at one time so then I selected only 50 photos from my files and sent them. All pics were downloaded, information required entered and then the final message that says to wait a few minutes while the final processing is complete. Many minutes passed. Left the computer to have lunch. Came back and the screen was still showing the same message. Needless to say, that download was lost as well. Called the store to see if they were experiencing problems and was told no and to call customer service. Will do that today to see what I'm doing wrong but there is nothing I dislike more than time spent that ends in total unproductivity. Just have to look at this is a learning curve.

Just got off the phone with CS and was told to look at the size of the files. So far what I'm looking at falls within the guidelines of successful reproduction. I love digital photography because of what it offers....just have to become better educated in using it.

Thanks for listening.

Sandy

• 1 month later...

I'm going to try to get this thread going again. I love to look at everyone's layouts and hope more people will share more of their work.

Here's a Disney Cruise Scrapbook from 2008

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012754&id=1582776112

There are a few pages I'd like to re-do now that I take a step back and look at them. LOL

We're doing our first Carnival cruise in August and then sailing on the Disney Fantasy next June. Cannot wait!!!

I finished my scrapbook for our 2009 cruise and need to get pictures here to show you all. I'll put a reminder in my calendar for next weekend (I am going out of town in about an hour)...

I then have to scrap my 2010 cruise which was probably my favoirte cruise yet. I still have to find an album to put my pages in; where do you all go for your albums? I wanted to get one on the ship, but they only had ALASKA ones (I was in the Caribbean--didn't think that would "do" HAHA)...

LOVE the layouts here--I'll add some of my own hopefully this coming weekend!

I finished my scrapbook for our 2009 cruise and need to get pictures here to show you all. I'll put a reminder in my calendar for next weekend (I am going out of town in about an hour)...

I then have to scrap my 2010 cruise which was probably my favoirte cruise yet. I still have to find an album to put my pages in; where do you all go for your albums? I wanted to get one on the ship, but they only had ALASKA ones (I was in the Caribbean--didn't think that would "do" HAHA)...

LOVE the layouts here--I'll add some of my own hopefully this coming weekend!

I usually get the albums on the ship also. For my Disney cruise back in 2008 they never got their shipment of albums before the cruise set sail so I was out of luck. I asked the cashier in the gift shop how I would go about getting one and she gave me a number for me to call. I was able to order one from Disneystore.com, (I think that's what it was) So maybe you can call the cruisline that you went on and see if you can order one??? OR, I have seen some really cute albums at Michael's with a general vacation theme. Have you tried ebay?

I still haven't finished my 2009 cruise scrapbook and now I have a 2010 cruise book to start. Good thing my 2011 cruise isn't until December!! :rolleyes:

LOL I know what you mean. I haven't finished my 2009 or my 2010. And we leave again in August of this year and then again in June of next. My goal is to have the last two cruises completed before I leave in August!!!

LOL I know what you mean. I haven't finished my 2009 or my 2010. And we leave again in August of this year and then again in June of next. My goal is to have the last two cruises completed before I leave in August!!!

don't feel bad.. I'm 4 years behind almost.. and retired.:eek:. so what's my excuse? Into cards for OWH and that takes a day a week that I love so...

I'm going to try to get this thread going again. I love to look at everyone's layouts and hope more people will share more of their work.

Here's a Disney Cruise Scrapbook from 2008

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012754&id=1582776112

There are a few pages I'd like to re-do now that I take a step back and look at them. LOL

We're doing our first Carnival cruise in August and then sailing on the Disney Fantasy next June. Cannot wait!!!

What a great scrapbook!! I am currently trying to finish our Disney trip (no cruise) from 2009 and my goal is to finish it before our cruise coming up in April. I'll be scraplifting a few ideas!!!

In an effort to get caught up, I completed my summer cruise electronically with the Creative Memories software. It was pricey- over $90 for 23 pages, but it really looks nice.

Now I'll be able to work on our Christmas cruise and hopefully finish it before the next one in April.

Haven't even started the earlier vacations. Have to wait for retirement, which is wayyyyy to far away to contemplate! LOL!

What a great scrapbook!! I am currently trying to finish our Disney trip (no cruise) from 2009 and my goal is to finish it before our cruise coming up in April. I'll be scraplifting a few ideas!!!

I can't get to scrapbook.. link is broken.. what link did you use. Have WDW vacation to scrap and wanted to take a look :) thnx

I finally got all my stuff unpacked and got my pictures taken from my Carnival Inspiration cruise from November 2009.

Here is the link: http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/debra919/Inspiration%20Cruise%20Scrapbook%202009/

Here are some of the highlights (not all):

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

DSC02700.jpg

I had a lot of fun doing this scrapbook--hope you go and look at all of them on the link!

Your album is absolutely fabulous, Debra. You are excellent at utilizing each layout fully to display multiple pics. Quite enjoyed your Galley tour layout.....very well done.

Sandy :)

Sandy, thank you so much. The Galley Tour was done with the Mosaic Moments technique. I did that with the Whale Tail too. I took a class at CK Virginia Beach to learn how to do it and LOOOVE IT!

Archived