Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

I'm a scrapper. I've been on RCL in 2006 and will be going on the Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile in May, 2010. Haven't finished my album from Royal Caribbean but plan to keep up with this one. Since we had 7 to 10 inches of snow over the weekend, I'm looking forward to this cruise! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I've been avoiding cruise critic and every thing else until I could get my Scrapbook done. I did It! I got three weeks of vacation done in a bit over 2 months. Here's the cruise part:

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2214506017/a=5173735_5173735/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=mypoints/

Now I need to clean and do everything else :) then worry about scrapping the one from years ago.

I used digital scrapbooking this time so I could get it done quicker. ScrapDish.com was the only one with Egypt stuff so I used a bunch of their stuff and also TwoPeasInABucket.com. I just need to go back in and add paper stuff like embellishments and ticket stubs.

• 1 month later...

I'd never seen digital scrapbooks before...but Panraven was selling them on the Ruby Princess. My wife bought one and we had fun making it :D What a great hobby!

Click the link if you'd like to see our trip- Aruba, Bonaire, Eleuthera, Dominica, Grenada, St John, Little Cayman, and Cozumel.

http://www.panraven.com/visitor/VisitorViewStory.epage?sp=Sview&sp=154975

ONE TIP- if you click on the arrows below the photos, you can see 2 pages at a time, which give a better panoramic view. If you click directly on the photo instead of using the arrows...you can only see one BIG page at a time (click again to go back to two page view)

I just can't get into digital scrapbooking... I've been married 4 years, have 9 cruises to scrap and another in a month.. Good thing I retired.. I may get our honeymoon done this month..4 yrs later:o

I know what you mean... I still live in the days of paper, paste and scissors. The digital scrapbook felt like cheating but it sure looks good. I guess it was just fun for something new to try.

As for your 4 year delay... I'm right there with you, I bought a model on eBay from my childhood, that requires some real skill to put together. Its been 3 years and its still under my couch. :o

I'd never seen digital scrapbooks before...but Panraven was selling them on the Ruby Princess. My wife bought one and we had fun making it :D What a great hobby!

Click the link if you'd like to see our trip- Aruba, Bonaire, Eleuthera, Dominica, Grenada, St John, Little Cayman, and Cozumel.

http://www.panraven.com/visitor/VisitorViewStory.epage?sp=Sview&sp=154975

ONE TIP- if you click on the arrows below the photos, you can see 2 pages at a time, which give a better panoramic view. If you click directly on the photo instead of using the arrows...you can only see one BIG page at a time (click again to go back to two page view)

I might be missing something how did you get the pictures of the ship on pg19? is it one they sold?

I might have to try that company next time I need a quick book. Looks like they have better layout options then some others.

I might be missing something how did you get the

pictures of the ship on pg19? is it one they sold?

I might have to try that company next time I need a quick book. Looks like they

have better layout options then some others.

Good question. How do you get a photo of your ship sailing away... with out missing

your ship?

Actually what I liked about PanRaven being sold by Princess on our cruise. Is that

the book came with a cover page for each island we visited. So our Itinerary was

preloaded. You got a few stock photos from each port, and a page of history and

background. Plus a nice map of your ships entire voyage, and diagrams of deck plans.

So I bought the 100 page package which was $59.95 and included free shipping.

(you could buy a less expensive package with fewer pages) and if you wanted to

go over 100 pages it was $1 a page.

I liked that it came pre-loaded with 15 pages of stock material for our particular

cruise (we did a 10 day southern Caribbean on the Ruby).

They also loaded it with any photos you bought while on board. So we bought 5

portraits... and they were uploaded straight to our book at PanRaven's site.

I didn't use much of the stock material because I had my own photos, and I didn't

chose to do much text. But I did need a few stock shots of the inside of the ship

(if you see a photo of the ship with no people in it, its a stock photo). I also

need a photo of some palm trees and the sign on Princess Cays which I forget to

photograph. So the stock footage was helpful.

But to answer your orginal question... I had 99.9% of my book done and I wanted a

shot of the ship sailing away at night. I found that photo on page 19 of my book on

CruiseCritic. It wasn't very high quality, but I only needed a small photo so it printed

with good quality... and it made my page about New Years Eve complete.

My book is 150 pages, and I used 98% my own photos, 2% stock photos, ....and on

two pages (19 and 87) I "borrowed" a shot of the ship at night, and some waves

breaking off the bow;) from cruisecritic. And you spotted it right away ( I got

busted ) :D

They give you 4 months to finish your book and it took two weeks for printing and

shipping. I was pleased with the print quality and construction.

PanRaven sells these packages on 4 cruise lines now. It would be nice if they are able to

expand their business to our cruise lines. I think it was a good deal, fun, and its something

I had never been exposed to before.

I never know what to do with all the photos I buy on the ship

when I get home, this was the perfect solution.

book21-1.jpg

I know what you mean... I still live in the days of paper, paste and scissors. The digital scrapbook felt like cheating but it sure looks good. I guess it was just fun for something new to try.

As for your 4 year delay... I'm right there with you, I bought a model on eBay from my childhood, that requires some real skill to put together. Its been 3 years and its still under my couch. :o

No no! LOL

I am a lurker here, but had to post that digital scrapping is sooo much fun. I find that I am way more creative with digi- because the "loss of photo" factor is completely gone. I love being able to try out new techniques because if I don't like it our it doesn't come out right, I can just hit delete.

I never had much luck keeping my kids paper books kept up to date, but with digital I seem to be doing much better.

I usually share my digi-layouts online, but I have also had books printed through shutterfly and artcow.

Markstudy, your digital scrapbook looks fantastic!!! I really enjoyed looking at it. I've done several online books after doing regular scrapbooks for years. I still do traditional scrapbooking, but love the online books for vacations. They are much quicker and I love that fact that they are very thin compared to a scrapbook. We cruise with Carnival. I would love to see them offer Panraven books!! Thanks for posting your book!

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I was pointed to this thread and I am thrilled to be here! I am a scrapbook stuff collector, and a novice scrapper. I have never tried digital scrapbooking, but I am super excited to try it. Danny and I are going on our first cruise together in February 2011, and I am really looking forward to scrapbooking the whole thing, as I am pretty sure that my guy is going to make this a VERY memorable vacation (i.e. sparkly finger adornment). So I just wanted to mark my spot, and I look forward to learning a whole lot more about both traditional scrapbooking and digital.

Hi there! I was pointed to this thread and I am thrilled to be here! I am a scrapbook stuff collector, and a novice scrapper. I have never tried digital scrapbooking, but I am super excited to try it. Danny and I are going on our first cruise together in February 2011, and I am really looking forward to scrapbooking the whole thing, as I am pretty sure that my guy is going to make this a VERY memorable vacation (i.e. sparkly finger adornment). So I just wanted to mark my spot, and I look forward to learning a whole lot more about both traditional scrapbooking and digital.

Melissa,

I wish I was cruising with you; I think we'd have such a blast. I loved your mushy story and I'll help with scrapbooking any way I can (if you want)... Plus, I would looove to see the sparkly sparkler...

I will have to take some pictures of my recent works so I can post them here.

If you would like to email me, I have an on-line address I don't mind posting... valancy1@yahoo.com.

Welcome to the scrapper's thread! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am sure I will have lots of questions! I am really hoping they do a scrapbooking event on board, since I've heard that sometimes there is. I would totally love that. Anyway, I look forward to talking with you all!

I can't get into the digital scrapping but they have "traditional" scrapping on board most sailings. I just love getting my hands in the "stuff" ya know. We are doing cruise next year I hope with Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp and several other company reps! DH will have plenty of time to read his book :D

I can't get into the digital scrapping but they have "traditional" scrapping on board most sailings. I just love getting my hands in the "stuff" ya know. We are doing cruise next year I hope with Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp and several other company reps! DH will have plenty of time to read his book :D

OMG, will you tell this thread about this when you find out? I would absolutely LOVE this!!!!

To all my scrapbooking Diva friends,

I just found a link I want to share with you.

Sandi Genovese used to host a show on DIY Network called Scrapbooking. I watched it religiously and learned many of the techniques I have used in my own scrapbooks.

She now has a WEB-BASED show! You can subscribe and it will send you an e-mail whenever a new show is posted.

If you're interested, go here: http://scrapbookshowgram.com/?p=294

And if any of you want to "friend" me on Facebook, my name is Debra Groh. :)

ENJOY!

Hey everyone! Is there anyone in the area of VA Beach? They are having a CK Convention there the weekend of August 27th. I just registered for some classes and am going.

If anyone is interested (or if I can give the other cities where they will be) let me know. I am going alone; don't have any scrapbook buddies... so would love to meet up if you're interested.

Archived