Porthole cabins?

jody92998

I have a picture of a similar cabin on Ecstasy, R26, of the port holes not the cabin itself. But I dont really want to post it here with my sister in the pic.

If it would help to see it, you can email me, my email is in my profile.

We did have a lot of movement, and were close to where you were, but we were also in some pretty high waves. I think it depends on the weather.

Ecstasy and Fantasy are sister ships so they should be similar. Wish I had more pics of the cabin now.

For me it was great as a first cabin but I wouldn't want it again. I found it was very far down the hall and the little porthole windows were a bit of a tease. BUT--that being said I believe it is much better then a interior.

Again just my opinion--everyone and what they like is different.

Just off the Inspiration and had R31 which is the first porthole cabin. This is the second time we have stayed in a porthole cabin. Both sailing were very smooth and we didn't even feel the ship moving. The only thing we heard was the anchor dropping when we had to tender. Would book these cabins in a heartbeat.

We were in E8 on the Fantasy and loved it, especially the price. Didn't spend that much time in the room, but couldn't deal with an inside, so this was a great room for us. The end of the hallway was nice and quiet and I loved the little "shelf" by the porthole where you could sit.

As above, I like the little shelf to sit in at portholes. It's where I have my first cup of coffee in the morning and last glass of spirits at night.:)

I purposely book the far-forward porthole cabins. I also like being in an area with very little noise from the hallway. Sometimes it's a bit far to walk to elevators, BUT I don't gain any weight on cruises!:D

We just came back from being on Fantasy. We had M2 which is the very first cabin in the front. We had 2 port holes which were nice because of the space. We put our luggage there. Also on sea days we closed the hatch so we could sleep in a little. Did feel some rocking and rolling but got used to it. Only bad thing about location was it was right next to stewards room. They made quiet a bit of racket in the mornings. You should not have any problems with that area you are looking at.:)

We had a cabin with portholes on our first cruise. I loved them. It really set the atmosphere for me. I too would sit on the shelf in front of the portholes and watch the ocean go by, usually with foo foo drink in hand. The cabin was quiet and I don't think the movement was ever an issue. I know neither one of us got the least bit sea sick.

Thanks for all the responses. I went with the m30-portholes cabin. I've had outside and inside cabins but never portholes. Any cabins great as long as I'm on a cruise. I do love the empress deck midship, but I'd like to try a porthole cabin. Thanks again, I know the wonderful people on this board will always come through...Jody

Port Holes are great and they used to be for people in First Class.

Then more cabin types arrived...

They do always give an eye into the future at sea...

When your Forward nearer the Bow it has a wonderful sway, bounce and ride in those cabins too..:cool:

Does anyone have any info on porthole cabins? I'm looking at m30 on the fantasy. It's a little further back than most. maybe less movement? Any recent pictures? Anybody stayed in this cabin? Thanks for any help.

Jody

I have a picture of a similar cabin on Ecstasy, R26, of the port holes not the cabin itself. But I dont really want to post it here with my sister in the pic.

If it would help to see it, you can email me, my email is in my profile.

We did have a lot of movement, and were close to where you were, but we were also in some pretty high waves. I think it depends on the weather.

Ecstasy and Fantasy are sister ships so they should be similar. Wish I had more pics of the cabin now.

Why, is she ugly?

Why, is she ugly?

Nope, just privacy issue. I would rather have a picture of just the cabin that someone can save without them posting pictures of my sister all over the net. you never know where a picture will wind up. I once emailed a pic of myself to a guy, and another guy sent the same pic to me on icq or somehow. Of course it was me!!! The guy wouldnt believe it was me who sent it, but lesson learned. Post pics that you dont care who all repeat posts them all over the web.

We cruised on the Fantasy in December 2006 and were in cabin R21. I loved the porthole windows! Like others, I would sit up on the "window seat" and look out!

That second pic is perfect. It shows that the port holes are like one foot deep, so they are not exactly like looking thru a window, its more like looking thru a tunnel, even if it is a big tunnel.

We had U3 on Fantasy, and it seemed to be larger than other CCL OV's we have had. Could be the irregular shape of the hull provides some odd spaces not in other rooms? One thing for sure, the window seat was larger than what we had before, and was a great spot for stashing odds and ends that would otherwise be under foot.

Archived