rental tuxedo-celebrity

chloe68

I was wondering if anyone has used the rental service on celebrity for tuxedos? Also, do men wear a white jacket too? One of the options is to rent a black coat and white coat.......I just don't want my DH to be the only one in a white coat! :confused:

On one of our cruises my husband accidentally left his tux pants at home. He had his jacket, vest, shirts, cufflinks, and tie but no pants. He did rent them from Celebrity, and he was fitted perfectly. This amazed both of us because we never thought Celebrity would have pants to fit his 6' 7" frame. The seamstress had to adjust the lenth twice but in the end they were perfect and matched the rest of his tux nicely. Needless to say he always puts all the pieces out together before any other clothing choices for packing.

My husband has used Celebrity's tuxedo rental for all of our cruises, and if there are two formal nights, he rents a black and white combo. There were plenty of other gentlemen wearing white jackets, as well - and they weren't the waiters :p

Does anybody know if when you rent a tux through celebrity is it for the duration of the cruise, or is it per night? Just wasn't sure if I'll need to rent one for all three formal nights. We are going on a 12 night northern european cruise, and trying to lighten up the luggage load a bit!

T

:o "I understand that the wearing apparel listed as "RENTAL GARMENTS" is a rental for the cruise mentioned and must be returned prior to the last day of said cruise. I also agree to pay "Cruiseline Formalwear, Inc." the replacement value of any and all items lost or damaged in this order."

The Tux Rental is for the entire trip.

Good thread! Considering we're doing a med cruise next year, I might think seriously about just renting a tux instead of carting a suit in my luggage. That's more room for other things.

I'm wondering what the fee will be though, to just rent a tux on the two formal nights we'll be having, and what about shirts, do shirts and shoes, cumberbund/bowtie go in with the deal?

Tuxedo rental is a package deal - included are 2 shirts, tie and cummerbund set; cufflinks and studs. Cost is about $85, and your rental period is for the entire duration of the cruise. Shoes can also be included for an additional $12. You will find your items in your stateroom on embarkation day, and you just leave it behind when you disembark.

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/prod_ccl_m.html

Suggestion: try on all items prior to the first formal night - if something does not fit properly, it can be altered and/or exchanged right onboard (if you give them enough notice).

Enjoy your cruise.

We've done this on ALL our cruises as my DH won't get a tux. All but one time the tux fit perfectly. The one time it didn't, our room steward was very quick to get it altered. It may not always look fabulous, but it works and we don't have to carry it. No one is going to remember that the pants were a tad tight or the sleeve a tad long.

Bobbie

I also rent and find it best to try everything on when unpacking on board. I've had some adjustments made and getting them to the steward and done early is a must. Great deal though, hanging in the closet on arrival and leave it there when leaving. I've never had any issues about the return. I use the shoes too, less packing. :D

I bring my own tux but know that a lot of people rent and are very happy with the service. I bring my own because I wear a size 52 jacket and have a 19' neck and worry about getting sizes. Depending where you are cruising will dictate the white dinner jacket. On an Alaska cruise even in the summer you will see few white dinner jackets but in the tropics you will see them all year round. You certainly can't be wrong in an all black tux.

to all who responded! Everyone made me feel much better.....This is our first cruise and our honeymoon and we just want to really get the most out of the entire experience. I mean, it's not often one gets to wear a tux to dinner!!!! How fun!!! I am going to go ahead and order one through the web site. I think for $120 dollars, its worth it for the 2 coats and everything else that comes along with it....Also saves more room in the luggage for my shoes ;)

So this is kind of odd, after reading lilreckster's reply...as I am 6' 7" too!

All I can say is thank God we had a butler and stayed in a Sky Suite, on this last cruise. We thought we would save space and order the Tuxedos before-hand, instead of shlepping them in our bags. The ships' tux-ordering service is the same as what you can get in an "emergency" on the ship.

Rowell's tux was fine, fit perfectly.

I tried mine on, the the tux pants came to my knees, swear to God! :eek: Of course our tuxedos were not delivered until late the first night and the second night was a formal evening. Arvid, our great butler, took care of it (after ROFL) and the next day they were returned and much better.

The tux shirts are cheap and crappy-thread bare, in my opinion. The studs are basic platic black things. The quality in our opinion wasn't great and we won't order from the ship's service again.

There were several gentlemen who opted for the White jacket. Your other half won't feel out of place.

My DH rented a tux on our recent Aus/NZ cruise. Luckily he tried it on immediately because it was huge, and he isn't a particularly small man. Our cabin steward was wonderful and a replacement was provided promptly and it fitted well. As another poster mentioned, the tie & cummerbund were very ordinary, so DH has decided that although he would rent again to save luggage space, he would take his own accessories to have some individuality. The shirts he received were fine and looked quite new.

Sheila

Suggestion: try on all items prior to the first formal night - if something does not fit properly, it can be altered and/or exchanged right onboard (if you give them enough notice).

Enjoy your cruise.

I echo this. I almost always rent on-board (though I bring my own vest and ties for variety) and on my last trip the tux they sent was laughably huge - I felt like a 10 year old trying on his Dad's suit! In the end they straightened it out, but there was a bit of tooth-gnashing in the interim. :) Definitely try it on as soon as it's delivered, just in case you need to make changes. Also, if you're sailing from a European port note that the inventory can be a little thin on board and you should try to book early.. It's not so bad out of major US cruise ports as cruiseline formal has stock on shore.

I was wondering if anyone has used the rental service on celebrity for tuxedos? Also, do men wear a white jacket too? One of the options is to rent a black coat and white coat.......I just don't want my DH to be the only one in a white coat! :confused:

We are on the same cruise and I have ordered the tuxedo package with the white jacket as well as the black... so don't fret, there will be at least one other penguin in white for one of the formal nights.

And look at the bright side, if someone confuses your future husband or myself as waiters, then maybe we could share in the tip pool....:D

Mark

We tried renting a tux last month for our cruise on July 25. We ordered a 36 and were called a day later and told that the Infinity doesn't have a 36. I asked if they could send one from their inventory elsewhere and was told emphatically, "that size is not on the ship" and, "no" they do not in any way re-supply the inventory on the ship. I thought that was odd but I guess they make enough money renting what's there (?)

I'm just curious, as we are now considering just buying a formal suit or tux, are the tux's you all have rented poly, a poly blend or wool?

We tried renting a tux last month for our cruise on July 25. We ordered a 36 and were called a day later and told that the Infinity doesn't have a 36. I asked if they could send one from their inventory elsewhere and was told emphatically, "that size is not on the ship" and, "no" they do not in any way re-supply the inventory on the ship.

That doesn't sound right at all. 36 isn't an unusual size.

Does Celebrity only stock tuxes for average Americans and bigger guys?

HAL has a wider range of sizes onboard at all times. I know a young man who got a 36 on short notice onboard on one of their voyages.

Something is not right with that. Do call Celebrity. HAL and Celebrity use the same "service", but obviously each has a supply on board. My DH is larger and has never had a problem. The forms at Cruiseline Formalwear state that it may be more difficult to get an very tall or very large, but with notice, they can do that.

Bobbie

We're going Trans-Atlantic next April. How far in advance can we book a tux rental? It sure sems well worth the cost simply not to have to tote all of that stuff.

Some have said that they do it once they are on board the ship, but I would suggest about 1 month out just to be on the safe side.

I would do it sooner than a month. DH has always rented a tux and I thought last year I called soon enough, could have been a month out, and they were out of his size.:(

I would do it sooner than a month. DH has always rented a tux and I thought last year I called soon enough, could have been a month out, and they were out of his size.:(

We have never had any trouble, even ordering a couple of weeks out. Of course, this is our first time with Celebrity, but they assured us a last minute order would not be any trouble.

Mark

We have never had any trouble, even ordering a couple of weeks out. Of course, this is our first time with Celebrity, but they assured us a last minute order would not be any trouble.

Mark

Never say never.;)

I just think it's better to be safe than sorry for that "one" time. Certainly can't hurt to order early.:)

Archived