Nick & Nora

I was wondering if anyone has eaten at the Nick and Nora Restaurant on the Miracle lately? My D/W and I will be cruising her in February and was wondering the cost and menu at Nick and Nora's.

Thanks

Irish :cool:

Haven't been on the Miracle but have eaten at the supper club on 3 other ships.. and it is well worth the $30pp... here is a link to the menu.. enjoy:)

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Supper_Club

I was wondering if anyone has eaten at the Nick and Nora Restaurant on the Miracle lately? My D/W and I will be cruising her in February and was wondering the cost and menu at Nick and Nora's.

Thanks

All of the supper clubs have the same menu and pricing. It's $30/pp which includes gratuity. Most folks, myself included, fee that the quality of the food and service deserves an additional tip.

You can download the supper club menu here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/cruisecritter

You'll love it. It's easily as good as Ruth's Chris or Morton's...

http://community.webshots.com/user/hill6

Just ate there on our May 25th cruise. It was absolutely wonderful. The link above is to my cruise pictures. Nick and Nora's is towards the end. We were seated at a table for two overlooking the gorgeous sunset. I have pictures of the appetizers, salad, main meals and desset and some other photos of the restaurant.

Very worthwhile experience.

Should my DH where a jacket and tie for dinner at Nick and Nora's? Would he be out of place if he didn't?

We were on the 5/1 sailing date of the Miracle and very much enjoyed Nick & Nora's. MY SO was wearing his tux, but we noted the maitre'd bringing "loaner jackets" to 2 young men who entered the supper club in shirts & ties only. I don't know if it was Nick & Nora's policy frankly, or if it was because it was one of the formal nights on the ship. :confused:. I recall, in the supper club on the Carnival Legend, my SO wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt and a nice pair of slacks. So, maybe it had something to do with it being formal night that loaner jackets were offered?

Should my DH where a jacket and tie for dinner at Nick and Nora's? Would he be out of place if he didn't?

There is a sign at the entrance that says a jacket is required. Hubby didn't wear a tie while others around us did.

There is a sign at the entrance that says a jacket is required. Hubby didn't wear a tie while others around us did.

So now they would like it if the men wear a jacket and tie on non-formal nights or is that just for formal nights?

Also, I was reading on here that now the charge is $35 p/p....is that true?

So now they would like it if the men wear a jacket and tie on non-formal nights or is that just for formal nights?

Also, I was reading on here that now the charge is $35 p/p....is that true?

It was $30 per person for us. We left a $15 tip for a total bill of $75.

We did go on formal night so I cannot answer the other question.

We were in Nick & Nora's a few weeks ago. The charge was $30 pp. It wasn't formal (elegant) night and my husband wore slacks and a button down shirt. The outfit was fine. There were many men there without jackets.

The food was wonderful. I will say that we've been to supper clubs on the Spirit, Pride and Liberty and the service at Nick & Nora's wasn't as good as at the other supper clubs. I would still recommend going for the great atmosphere and delicious food.:D

Thanks

Hey, Irish!

We're going on the Miracle in February also.

When are you sailing?

Is this why the food in the Main Dining room has suffered? I guess the good stuff is for Double paying guests... people argue about a fuel surcharge but will plunk down $75 to eat on a Ship???? What happened to the cruise that has the best and most food for FREE (after paying for you cruise)

I'm glad it was wonderful and all - just wondering how the cruise lines slipped this one by.

Is this why the food in the Main Dining room has suffered? I guess the good stuff is for Double paying guests... people argue about a fuel surcharge but will plunk down $75 to eat on a Ship???? What happened to the cruise that has the best and most food for FREE (after paying for you cruise)

I'm glad it was wonderful and all - just wondering how the cruise lines slipped this one by.

No it is an opportunity for those who chose to have an elegant dining experience. No one forces you to do this. Many folks do this to celebrate something special (honeymoon, anniversary, engagement). This is in place on many ships and many cruise lines. Purely optional. You don't want it, you don't do it. No further comment needed.

We paid $30 pp when we dined at Nick and Nora's and it was well worth every penney. We went to the restaurant at a quiet time a day after boarding and spoke to the Maitre'd. We were allowed to chose our table and to make our reservation. It was a special celebration for us, so we had brought our own wine onboard and my DH brought it to N&N's ahead of time. It was a fine meal and very romantic!:)

Thanks

No it is an opportunity for those who chose to have an elegant dining experience. No one forces you to do this. Many folks do this to celebrate something special (honeymoon, anniversary, engagement). This is in place on many ships and many cruise lines. Purely optional. You don't want it, you don't do it. No further comment needed.

I must admit I was putting a dig in - must have hit a sore spot. I have cruised before the supper clubs and food in the main dining room was better.

Should not have rained on your party. Sorry.

I must admit I was putting a dig in - must have hit a sore spot. I have cruised before the supper clubs and food in the main dining room was better.

Should not have rained on your party. Sorry.

It is a topic that has been much discussed on this board and some other boards. My point is that it is an option for those who choose to spend the money on it. Compared to eating in restaurants like The Palm, Mortons or Ruth Chris, the $30 per person is a bargin. The bill at The Palm last year on our anniversary was almost $200 plus tip. Makes the $75 seem cheap.

Many ships have chosen to add these special features as a way to make it more special for cruisers. Princess has many additional items to pick from as well, Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, Ultimate Balcony Dinner (5 course dinner on your balcony with your own butler), Sabatinis (5 star Italian rest) in addition to the steak house. I also know that some restaurants that are shown on NCL ads such as the hibachi are considered premium with added fees.

It is a topic that has been much discussed on this board and some other boards. My point is that it is an option for those who choose to spend the money on it. Compared to eating in restaurants like The Palm, Mortons or Ruth Chris, the $30 per person is a bargin. The bill at The Palm last year on our anniversary was almost $200 plus tip. Makes the $75 seem cheap.

Many ships have chosen to add these special features as a way to make it more special for cruisers. Princess has many additional items to pick from as well, Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, Ultimate Balcony Dinner (5 course dinner on your balcony with your own butler), Sabatinis (5 star Italian rest) in addition to the steak house. I also know that some restaurants that are shown on NCL ads such as the hibachi are considered premium with added fees.

You are making my point for me.... a cruise I went on almost 20 years ago had the BEST food (or equal). It would have rivaled any of the eateries you mentioned. The ads used to show the fabulous food and tell you how great it was. Now you are told that for a nominal fee you can get the "great " food. I'm not knocking you for going - I'm mad at the cruise lines for adding a "fee". They could have the supper clubs without a fee.... just make a reservation.

Think about it. You were told that part of cost of the cruise would include the best food you ever ate and the you have to pay a fee for "better" food and ambiance?

You are making my point for me.... a cruise I went on almost 20 years ago had the BEST food (or equal). It would have rivaled any of the eateries you mentioned. The ads used to show the fabulous food and tell you how great it was. Now you are told that for a nominal fee you can get the "great " food. I'm not knocking you for going - I'm mad at the cruise lines for adding a "fee". They could have the supper clubs without a fee.... just make a reservation.

Think about it. You were told that part of cost of the cruise would include the best food you ever ate and the you have to pay a fee for "better" food and ambiance?

The food on the cruise is fine with me. Nothing wrong with it. I don't ever recall being told it was the best food that I ever ate. My only problem is the food that I do not eat which is about 30% of the menu as I eat no red meat or pork.

Archived