Good and Reliable Web Cruise Agency vs Local

schwerin

Is there an on-line travel agency that cruisers use regularly to book cruises ? Someone easy to contact via phone also? I see lots of perks web-wise out there, which would probably not be available with my local travel agency.

Thanks, Sheila. I thought I had read that in the past. Can you suggest any website someone would go to ask that type of question?? Or is there none?

Try *********** I don't believe they have a similar restriction.

Is there an on-line travel agency that cruisers use regularly to book cruises ? Someone easy to contact via phone also? I see lots of perks web-wise out there, which would probably not be available with my local travel agency.

it is too bad we cant use ta info here but i abide by the rules of the site. i am a "" poor, solo and love to ********* who would love to know the name of a ta or site that would give me a decent single solo price. i keep surfing the net for hours on end and have not found a rate i can afford for going solo. i would be will to go on a scheduled group cruise but so far i cannot find one in my time frame.

i hope both of us some good luck in finding our answers soon so we can have a wonderful cruise

it is too bad we cant use ta info here but i abide by the rules of the site. i am a "" poor, solo and love to ********* who would love to know the name of a ta or site that would give me a decent single solo price. i keep surfing the net for hours on end and have not found a rate i can afford for going solo. i would be will to go on a scheduled group cruise but so far i cannot find one in my time frame.

i hope both of us some good luck in finding our answers soon so we can have a wonderful cruise

There are so many sites out there - that's what I did when I found a really great one! Noting that everyone on here likes to cruise, there you go - key word! You'll be amazed by how many sites will come up.

Laurie

What part of Virginia do you live in? I am in Virginia also.

thanks all for the great advice. i am debating on a sunny beach cruise next march or a alaska cruise. it is hard to decide what direction to go. i need a vacation badly and have to wait untill 2009 to be a ble to take one. i would love to live close to a port city but i must fly to get to any port and that added expence really takes away from the money to have for the cruise itself. i know i will figure it out and go on a wonderful cruise next year.

The rules of this forum make sense. You shouldn't be asking for advertisements for specific agents. If you want to make an informed decision, go to a national listing, like http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/destination_management.html

and browse down the list yourself. There are a lot of agent listings out there that are online, well organized, and easy. Also you could consider professional planners who will plan your whole vacation for you so you don't even have to choose which agents to hire. I hope that helps. Maybe by now you even found your answer.

Best of luck!

Marilyn

I've had the same problem, but I don't think any TA is going to be much help in getting you a "decent solo price" because the cruiselines determine how much a solo fare will be percentage-wise. HAL has OV cabins for 143% and Carnival often have 150% or those nice 1A's with windows or portholes. Occasionally Cunard will have a single-special. Try getting a last minute cruise and you can sometimes find a better deal. Yes, airfare might be higher, but Southwest often has good prices. Check on the Solo Cruiser board for more ideas.

P.S. It does take many hours of websurfing to find a good price but I have seen some. Keep your eyes open.

I've had the same problem, but I don't think any TA is going to be much help in getting you a "decent solo price" because the cruiselines determine how much a solo fare will be percentage-wise. HAL has OV cabins for 143% and Carnival often have 150% or those nice 1A's with windows or portholes. Occasionally Cunard will have a single-special. Try getting a last minute cruise and you can sometimes find a better deal. Yes, airfare might be higher, but Southwest often has good prices. Check on the Solo Cruiser board for more ideas.

P.S. It does take many hours of websurfing to find a good price but I have seen some. Keep your eyes open.

thanks for tip about hal and carnival. i will definetely check into that info. i cant wait to go on a cruise early next spring. im sure i will find a great one in the coming months.

i appriciate all the helpful responses here.

Archived