Just back from my first cruise ever!

It was the short 3 night cruise on Majesty. We had a BLAST!!! We sat with some great people at our table. There was 6 of us. We pulled out of the Miami port 30 mins late so 545 instead of 515. Because of that we only watched the boat leave port for a short while before dinner. We went to dinner then the marriage game show. HOLY COW!!! It was soooooooo funny. The older couple they talked into playing with the crowd hollering and clapping had been married for 51 years. Midway through the show the lady tells a joke and it was about being in the nude I thought the cruise director was going to fall of the stage in shock and laughing. We partied it up Friday night LOL. Dh and I are not the club scene type but it was fun to do it when we normally would not. Saturday was at the private island. We snorkeled and it was GREAT - we will probably snorkel everytime we go back we really enjoyed it. Even with the SPF 50 dh still got some sun burn. Saturday dinner was formal night and we took pics spent $60 later buying some :D The comedian for that nights show was funny but the other couple at our table who cruised alot didn't like him. Sunday was Nassua and we went to Atlantis resort for the water park. This was the one thing I was not extremely pleased about as it said the excursion was till 4pm but then when we got there they said the last boat left at 3pm. By the time they got everyone there and such it was after 10am so we paid $159 a person for less than 5 hours. The actual waterpark of the resort was awesome and the aquariums were also. We stopped at the straw market for gifts for the kids and that was fun too I love arguing:cool: .. Sunday night the show was the Boggie Wonderland and it was good. We did express check out Monday morning since we could easily carry all our stuff. They did catch us by surprise announcing the express call 30 mins earlier than they said they would. We just loaded everything up and were thinking of grabbing breakfast so it worked out we were ready to go. We were pulling out of the port parking garage at 730 (after the $60 parking fee YUCK).

Now a funny story is we blew a tire big time on the way home. I mean 180 turn facing the wrong way on the turnpike blown tire. We went on the trip to celebrate our anniversary. Well driving home from our honeymoon from FL to TX we blew a tire. I found it crazy that in our 10 yrs of marriage we have never blown a tire until driving home from our anniversary trip. Dh thinks I am crazy b/c I took pics :p

We had stateroom 8022 on the Majesty. We choose the guarentee thing where they pick the room. For us the room was nice. We brought the clips for the curtains so never had a problem with the lights. We had a decent view just saw the lifeboats at the top of the window. We were very pleased with our cabin.

We loved almost everything about the whole trip. The only cons was the one excursion seeming to be misleading amount of time wise and then we were not thrilled with the fact that we filled out about our anniversary on a million things they had and until the very end of the trip no one said Happy Anniversary except to tell us to come buy jewelry or such. It just seemed rude to not say Happy Anniversay but to say here buy something.

Although even we that we loved it so much we are looking at going with family in October so we might actually do two cruises in one year :D

Tammy

Unfortunately, almost everyone on a cruise is celebrating SOMETHING--birthday, anniversary, graduation....you get the picture. If you want them to do something special, you have to BUY it! But, that's never bothered us unduly (birthday cruises!)--the cruise is enough in itself!

I guess you are addicted now--have fun planning your next trip!

Unfortunately, almost everyone on a cruise is celebrating SOMETHING--birthday, anniversary, graduation....you get the picture. If you want them to do something special, you have to BUY it! But, that's never bothered us unduly (birthday cruises!)--the cruise is enough in itself!

I guess you are addicted now--have fun planning your next trip!

Just to clarify I didn't expect anything except maybe a "Happy Anniversary" from our table waiter at most. It just seemed crazy to have all those places on the form to mark it was our anniversary and the only thing we get is a letter in our state room to come upgrade my diamond. Just seemed tacky to me!

Tammy

Archived