Getting off & on cruise ships

kev_chua

Hi

We are quite new to crusing...and will be cruising Royal Caribbean in less than a month...

When the ship is in port, can we get off and on the ship at anytime or is there a scheduled time.

Also, can we get off and on a couple of times. We have a young son comiung with us, and he may need a mid day nap. Can we get back on the ship, let him nap, and get off again when he wakes up from his nap?

Thanks

Hi.

Depending on people with excursions they will get off the ship first and if your are tendered it might take a little while to get off the ship. But you can come and go during the dock time. Best to be back on the ship about a hour before ship is scheduled to leave.

We were in a port in Mexico and my DH (husband) went off and on a couple of times during the day. You will need to have your ship card.

It is all very easy. Have a great time on your cruise!! :)

Happy sailing,

Tanja

Of course you may come and go at will! If the ship is tendered, it just takes a bit of time, but you can ride the tenders all day, if you want!

When the ship is docked, it's just like walking out of a hotel. Come and go as you please!

Thanks everyone for the quick reply

If you mind me asking where are you going on your cruise? I have been on RCCL twice and really enjoyed both cruises. I am cruising on their sister company Celebrity next year and looking forward to that line.

Tanja

I booked my own excursion (dolphins) in Naussau. I am to swim with the dolphins at 10:00am Will I have a problem getting there on time? Also how do I know if the ships time matches the islands? I don't want to miss this

I booked my own excursion (dolphins) in Naussau. I am to swim with the dolphins at 10:00am Will I have a problem getting there on time? Also how do I know if the ships time matches the islands? I don't want to miss this

Always go by ship time and you won't have to worry about the correct time. As far as getting there by 10am, the ship docks at Nassau, so depends on what time you dock. Shouldn't be a problem as most shore excursion companies are aware of ship/port times, and set their tour times accordingly.

You may get on and off at will. This is much easier if you are docked rather than tendered.

On hot days, we often disembark early and go back to the ship for lunch if we don't have an excursion If it's an extended stop we may go ashore again in the evening when it's cooler.

Just before you leave the ship there will be a sign telling you what time you must be back by such 4:00 pmm is last tender. The ship may be docked from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm but you must be on board by 4:30 pm. It takes about a half hour for the ship to pick up the gang plank and cast off. If you miss the ship there is a Port Agent to help you catch up (but you pay for this on your own and it is expensive). When you arrive at a port you will have received a notice for the area (the night before on your bed), in this notice is the Port Agent's phone number so keep it with you.

Every cruise I've been on we have stayed on "ship's time". You'll be told - repeatedly - whether to stay on ship time, or change your watches. The tour operators know the drill. They know when the ships come in and exactly when they depart. Their very livlihoods depend on great customer service - and a BIG part of THAT is making certain their customers do not miss their ships! That would put them out of business in no time flat!

Archived