Seach is down, soooooo

jkeivel11

Generally speaking, what time zone does the ship use? I know there is a difference between ship time and local time in ports. If all of the ports we visit are on the same time, does the ship convert to their time.

I'm on the Carnival Liberty leaving 8/2/08 going to:

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios

Generally speaking, what time zone does the ship use? I know there is a difference between ship time and local time in ports. If all of the ports we visit are on the same time, does the ship convert to their time.

I'm on the Carnival Liberty leaving 8/2/08 going to:

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios

Normally, you'll remain on home port time regardless of what time it is in port. Just keep ship time on your watch and make sure that you're back at least 30 minutes early.

Look at the front page of the Capers to find out if you stay on ship's time:

SaturdayCapers1-1.jpg

See the note at the bottom of the page...

The ship time is the same time as whatever the time is where they are. You might be thinking of GMT time that shows up on web cams. If the ship says it is leaving at 6 pm, that is the local time not GMT time.

The ship time is the same time as whatever the time is where they are. You might be thinking of GMT time that shows up on web cams. If the ship says it is leaving at 6 pm, that is the local time not GMT time.

Nope.

Mach is right. The only exception I have ever seen is when all ports-of-call are in a different the Captain may change it.

The other exception would be a one way cruise (Transatlantic), that crosses several time zones.

Guest carlogesualdo

Maybe it depends on your cruise line. On the Rhapsody, we stayed on Central time for the whole cruise, regardless of where in the world we were. They will let you know for sure when you board, since there are so many activities. They will want to make sure you don't get confused about the time. My guess, though, is that it is always is easier to stay in one time zone for the duration, regardless.

"There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone." :D

Nope....Carnival seems to stay on the same time as the embarkation port. However, we've been on other lines that do change their time throughout the cruise...very confusing this way.

Well I don't understand then why I was just on a Carnival cruise and they had us change our watches twice during the cruise and every time they told us to be back on the ship it was local time.

I've done it both ways - on the Miracle they had us stay on the same time all week (meaning we were sometimes 2 hours off local time due to changing time zone and countries that don't observe DST) and on the Liberty they had us change to central time one night.

All my cruises (including the one on RCI), we stayed on the local time of the port from which we sailed. All were from FL, so all were Eastern.

Yes, the Capers will tell you if you are to stay on ship's time.

If booking independent excursions, be sure you specify what time you are arriving and departing - SHIP TIME - to them. They do this for a living and understand that their customers are often on different time schedules.

Yep, always stay on Ship's time. If you aren't positive what time the ship has, turn your tv on. It will be there. Make sure the time on your watch matching the time on the ship's information station. You'll do fine. ;) Enjoy your cruise!

Archived