Anyone else doing Weight Watchers?

Msel4u

I'm doing Flex but I spoke with our leader about doing Core for the cruise........Tomorrow is weigh-in..........been noshing alot today, but all WW friendly stuff so I'll see in the AM.........

I was thinking about doing Core while on my cruise coming up. Decided to stick with Flex, I want to be able to eat something that I want which I can as long as I count it. I already know what I'm going to splurge my WP's on! isn't that funny? Also I like my wine in the evening which I have learned to keep enough points and still meet all my HC's for the day. My cruise is for 14 days so I can't even think about not staying with the program. If I went off WW for that long, I would probably have a really hard time going back... so I'm sticking with Flex.

weighed in today - well I stayed the same - guess better than gaining, But I had hoped to reach my 10% before our first vacation. Only have 1-1/2 weeks to go till leave for vacation to Lake George, NY and only 2# to get to 10%. I plan on sticking to WW/flex during this vacation.

And hoped to loose as much as I can for cruise 9/20.

This weeks topic was mentally rehearsing. This is what I have been doing in my head the past few weeks - getting prepared mentally for vacation.

I am going to start weight watchers Monday, July 28. I have at least 30# to get back to my original goal weight of 155 (I had met my goal 10 years ago and kept it off for over 5 years...then it started creeping back on...)

My BFF called me last week saying she was told by her doctor she HAS to lose 100+ pounds and she should go to WW. She has severe rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure and on the verge of diabetes. I told her I would start here in my hometown and she can start in hers (175 miles away). She doesn't do computers :eek: but she said she'll text message me and call on the cell for weekly weigh-ins and encouragement.

I made a promise to myself (and DH) to get this off before my 50th birthday. I booked a cruise to the Bahamas for us, and my son and girlfriend that leaves ON my birthday so I darn well better be lookin' fine!:D

Suggestions and encouragement both welcomed and needed.

Well, my weigh in on Saturday didn't go the way I planned! I did everything right last week and still gained a pound. I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and only 8.2 in the last two months. My body is rebelling I think! I am by no means complaining! 58.2 pounds is a lot and I am very proud of that, but it is a bit frustrating to slow down so much. I still have a long way to go!

I was a bit upset on Saturday, but I am over it! I will just keep plugging along and keep doing everything right and eventually I will start losing again!

On a plus side, I am working out 5-6 days a week and although I am not losing weight, I am definately losing inches.

Tina in Antioch, CA

Norwegian Star 10/18/08

First cruise EVER!

Tina, wow! you have really come a long way. I know what you mean about those slow periods of losing weight, it's been that way for me from day one. I've been on the program since the end of February and I'm losing an average of 6 lbs a month. While I had hoped to lose faster, the facts are I am older and my body is taking it nice and easy. Today when I did my OWI I noticed it told me to retake my points quiz again which I did, then it told me to adjust my daily points. I took one point off what the points quiz told me for my daily points. In addition, I've stated to vary my exercise, strenuous cardio every other day and core exercises the others and rest one day. We'll see if this jumps starts the losing again.

Purple, glad to see you are going to be joining us on our new way of life! Here is to great success to you on your journey. Treat yourself to something special for making this committment. I went out and got a new haircut!

Now that I have lost 30lbs, I think I need to celebrate this weekend and do something really special again....any suggestions folks?

Tina - don't be discouraged - look at what you have accomplished so far.

mycruz - if not a piece of clothing - I buy makeup

purple - it is always a help to have friends to encourage each other - no matter what the distance is.

Hi everyone Hope everyone is getting a good start to the week!! I have been reading the posts but have not had a lot of time to respond lately. Looks like we are going members and losing lbs!! That is awsome!! Good job to all that lost and to those who are trying This is the most we can all do, try try and try again!! Good job guys!!

My weigh in was today and I am down 1 lbs total 25.4 I am hoping to hit 10% next week. I was on a roll (and really hope to keep it up) but my kitchen has been demolished due to renovations in the house. All I have is a microwave, toaster and grill. It is going to be a long few months till we get a stove.....

Keep it up everyone!!!!

Hi everyone Hope everyone is getting a good start to the week!! I have been reading the posts but have not had a lot of time to respond lately. Looks like we are going members and losing lbs!! That is awsome!! Good job to all that lost and to those who are trying This is the most we can all do, try try and try again!! Good job guys!!

My weigh in was today and I am down 1 lbs total 25.4 I am hoping to hit 10% next week. I was on a roll (and really hope to keep it up) but my kitchen has been demolished due to renovations in the house. All I have is a microwave, toaster and grill. It is going to be a long few months till we get a stove.....

Keep it up everyone!!!!

wow - a new kitchen for you :) - just think of all the WW recipes you can cook on your new appliances. I absolutely hate construction, but love it when it is complete.

I hope to get to my 10% within the next 2 weeks also :D .

I want that key ring!

Tina, wow! you have really come a long way. I know what you mean about those slow periods of losing weight, it's been that way for me from day one. I've been on the program since the end of February and I'm losing an average of 6 lbs a month. While I had hoped to lose faster, the facts are I am older and my body is taking it nice and easy. Today when I did my OWI I noticed it told me to retake my points quiz again which I did, then it told me to adjust my daily points. I took one point off what the points quiz told me for my daily points. In addition, I've stated to vary my exercise, strenuous cardio every other day and core exercises the others and rest one day. We'll see if this jumps starts the losing again.

Purple, glad to see you are going to be joining us on our new way of life! Here is to great success to you on your journey. Treat yourself to something special for making this committment. I went out and got a new haircut!

Now that I have lost 30lbs, I think I need to celebrate this weekend and do something really special again....any suggestions folks?

Go to a spa?

I gained some weight last week (1 pound) and really went to town last night (some home stress) but I think I can keep myself together the rest of the week.........no one should sabatoge my wieght loss, not even family........

Someone mentioned that there should be WW meetings onboard.....I know that leaders get paid and that would be difficult for each ship to pay for a leader..........otherswise, how could this be done? Any way to suggest this to WW?

Well, after gaining a pound last week, I lost .4 this week so I am heading down! This 2+ month plateau sucks, but I am going to keep doing everything right and I know eventually my body will kick back into losing mode!

Tina

Proud WW member - 58.6 pounds down!

Hi Everyone, I have been on WW for 2 months and have lost a total of

16 lbs. At last weeks weigh in I lost .6 lbs. I went home and reread all my WW reading materials. It helped to re-energize and restart the healthy guidelines, drinking enough water, tracking my points, weighing my food. At todays weigh in I lost 4 lbs! If you have a bad day or even a bad week, don't give up! Just start again. Good luck to everyone! Have a great week!

Karen

weighed in today - lost .8 = total 25 lost - 40 more to go to my own personal goal.

I am very happy about that. Will not be able to go to WW meeting next Sun. Going on vacation this week and hoping to stick to it.

Look at what we all have accomplished !!!

Have a good week -

Aren't you able to weigh in at a meeting where you are vacationing? I did this the last time I was on WW and attending meetings. Usually you can find a WW meeting anywhere and weigh in, unless of course you are on a cruise ship!

Aren't you able to weigh in at a meeting where you are vacationing? I did this the last time I was on WW and attending meetings. Usually you can find a WW meeting anywhere and weigh in, unless of course you are on a cruise ship!

I did think about doing that for about a minute. Going to upstate NY into the country. Not sure how far I would have to drive to find one.

Anyway, I promised myself to be good. Since we are driving, I am bringing my own WW snacks to help. I plan on watching what I eat all day so that I would be able splurge a bit when out for dinner.

I did think about doing that for about a minute. Going to upstate NY into the country. Not sure how far I would have to drive to find one.

Anyway, I promised myself to be good. Since we are driving, I am bringing my own WW snacks to help. I plan on watching what I eat all day so that I would be able splurge a bit when out for dinner.

I did that when I went to Florida this year....on the website, I found a meeting nearby and got my card stamped....

I read on another board, where cruise passengers go to the ship's medical office and use their scale to check their weight (if there isn't one in the gym)......an idea!

Karen, great idea going to the Medical Center on board, I believe there usually is one in the fitness center. Just in case though, I can always stop in there and weigh.

So the good news is today is my OWI and down 1.5 pounds! The bad news, but also good news too depending on your perspective, retook the points quiz and lost 2 points a day...Got to get by now on fewer points, but that means I am losing and don't need that many points anymore! So I guess it really is a good news, good news day! ;)

First week at WW weigh in....Lost 4.8# YA!!!:D:D:D:D

I did the Kickstart for the first week. The first day was hard but I did really well all week. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.....good luck with your weight losses this week too!!

Troggie

First week at WW weigh in....Lost 4.8# YA!!!:D:D:D:D

I did the Kickstart for the first week. The first day was hard but I did really well all week. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.....good luck with your weight losses this week too!!

Troggie

good for you and congrats on the start.

Karen : it is a good idea about going to med cntr or gym to weigh in.

not sure if I will hunt out a meeting on this trip to the country tho.

I want to do good on this vacation, because I am only 1.6 # away

from my 10%.

I'll let you all know how I did when I get back.

here's to seeing less of you !

Troggie Awsome job!! Hope everyone is well.

I have been super busy lately I have not had time to post. Monday my weight in I list 2.6 and I reached my 10%!!! I am soooo happy, now I need to keep going. The last time I did WW I got to 10% and that was it. I gained it all back. So basically the weight I lost up to now is the original weight I lost 2 years ago.:( Well thats still good right??

I just came across this thread and thought I'd pop in. I started WW in March '08 and an down 52 lbs. We just booked a cruise for January and I wonder how much more I can lose before then. I hope to drop another 20 or so and keep up w/ the excercise while on board and in port to maintain.

Motherwitch: I visited you page and you look great. I have to take my meaurements tonight...

Today was WW weigh in. I lost 3/4 of a pound this week (week 2 on WW)...that's 3 sticks of butter off my buns! Ha ha:D

Rene194215- Congrats on getting your 10%!!!! That's awesome. Keep up the great work.

Mykidsmom- enjoy your vacation!! I can hardly wait for mine....You will do fine on vacation-think of all the extra exercise you get from being touristy and shopping.......

Keep working on being losers! :D:D:D:D

Troggie

Archived