Anyone else doing Weight Watchers?

Msel4u

Well, my weigh in on Saturday didn't go the way I planned! I did everything right last week and still gained a pound. I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and only 8.2 in the last two months. My body is rebelling I think! I am by no means complaining! 58.2 pounds is a lot and I am very proud of that, but it is a bit frustrating to slow down so much. I still have a long way to go!

I was a bit upset on Saturday, but I am over it! I will just keep plugging along and keep doing everything right and eventually I will start losing again!

On a plus side, I am working out 5-6 days a week and although I am not losing weight, I am definately losing inches.

Tina in Antioch, CA

Norwegian Star 10/18/08

First cruise EVER!

Sometimes a gain could be what you ate the night before....did it have alot of salt? That is an incredible amount of weight.......congrats!

Troggie Awsome job!! Hope everyone is well.

I have been super busy lately I have not had time to post. Monday my weight in I list 2.6 and I reached my 10%!!! I am soooo happy, now I need to keep going. The last time I did WW I got to 10% and that was it. I gained it all back. So basically the weight I lost up to now is the original weight I lost 2 years ago.:( Well thats still good right??

A loss is a loss...........that is good!

I just came across this thread today.

Congrats to all of you WW losers:D

I joined in 2005 and lost 85 lbs. I now work for Weight Watchers which is a great way to stay at my goal weight:p .

If any of you would like some inspiration you can check out my website.

www.freewebs.com/motherwitch

I interviewed with WW and was accepted into their program to become a leader, when I'm within 10 lbs of my goal.........I'm not there yet but hope to be soon......

I spent this summer slowly losing and then gaining whatever I lost.......first it was the stress of my husband's surgery, then it was the stress of having him home after the surgery! But the story is, I can't lay blame, I have to have some control........I always ate WW food, but too much of it..........

So........after missing my normal Sunday meeting (I was convinced I gained back all 27 lbs I had lost) i attended a Wednesday meeting, in which I had gained (2 lbs) and then decided to get back control......I switched to Core for a change.....and to see which would be better for my cruise.........

I was on it from Wed-Sun and I lost 1.4 lbs..........maybe it was a combination of something new and determination to be in charge.......

Sunday I attended a wedding..........an interesting challenge.........(I considered it a cruise preview)

At the cocktail hour, I stuck with raw veggies (no dip), and Jamaican jerk chicken and onions/peppers.......I did have 1 small piece of fried cod....and 2 sips of champagne...

I sent back my salad and asked for one without any dressing.....Dinner was prime rib, veggies, 2 bites of potato and 1 bite of roll......

I drank water......

They put a platter of fancy cookies right next to me, but I passed it on.....I saved myself for the small piece of wedding cake.........

It could have been better............but then again it could have been worse

Karen - I so feel your determination. It's hard, but you can do it. My frustration is how long it's taking to lose weight - they stress that it's better to lose it slowly, but it seems to make it that much harder to stay with the program.

What has saved me has been the 1 point popsycle treats especially at night when I really crave just a little something cold and sweet.

Our very good friend is a master chef and we help him with events - you want to talk about having to fight tempation, that is it for me. It's so hard not just scarf everything down, but I am determined, just like you.

Keep at it!

Karen - I so feel your determination. It's hard, but you can do it. My frustration is how long it's taking to lose weight - they stress that it's better to lose it slowly, but it seems to make it that much harder to stay with the program.

What has saved me has been the 1 point popsycle treats especially at night when I really crave just a little something cold and sweet.

Our very good friend is a master chef and we help him with events - you want to talk about having to fight tempation, that is it for me. It's so hard not just scarf everything down, but I am determined, just like you.

Keep at it!

Thanks............it is a struggle for all of us who have had to deal with weight.........but I think the internet has made it easier because we find support from so many people (we like the sugar-free fugiscle pops at night!)

Keep at it!

Thanks............it is a struggle for all of us who have had to deal with weight.........but I think the internet has made it easier because we find support from so many people (we like the sugar-free fugiscle pops at night!)

The other thing that makes it hard is when you're surrounded by thin people who can't understand what a struggle things can be. Thankfully now I have two good friends who are also at WW with me and they keep me going. Have four pounds to hit my 10% goal, but it seems like a hundred at times! And for my husband, the weight is just dropping off him as a result of my improved cooking habits - isn't that just the way?

What did we do without the Internet?!

The other thing that makes it hard is when you're surrounded by thin people who can't understand what a struggle things can be. Thankfully now I have two good friends who are also at WW with me and they keep me going. Have four pounds to hit my 10% goal, but it seems like a hundred at times! And for my husband, the weight is just dropping off him as a result of my improved cooking habits - isn't that just the way?

I have to agree (about men)....my hubby not only is losing weight but now he is counting points!

I am new to this thread but just wanted to add my 2 cents. I started WW in 3/2004 and lost 30 pounds. It really is an easy plan if you stick to it. Over 4 years later I am still "Lifetime" and have only ever gone over 8 pounds over ideal weight. When I start seeing movement on the scale in a bad way, I pull out my journal and write everything down again for at least 2 weeks. I generally keep track of my point in my head otherwise.

Sounds silly, but that has been what keeps me on track for over 4 years! Recently tried 30 day shred (on another post) and have lost 3 pounds. Keep up all of the hard work-it is worth it and it truly is a lifestyle change not a diet! Cruising West Carib Nov 15th on Carnival Glory and can't wait to wear my new bikini! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Reminds me of the commercial for Slimquick when the woman complains that she hasn't had bread in 2 years and the only place she has lost weight is in the top measurement! The best one by far though is when she drinks water and nothing happens, and she gives some to the dog and even the dog shrinks! My DH also tends to watch what he eats when I do. One of my pet peeves though is when I have a few low point "goodies" stashed in the cabinet... they'll last a long time because of course I'm watching portions, and one of my guys eats them and then eats all the "regular" stuff too! Oh well.

Hi everyone,

I had my weigh in today and lost 2.2! FINALLY! I have been plateauing so I am hoping this is the start of many losses again! I am now down 59 pounds and hoping to get at least 1 next week so I can get another 5 pound star!!!

Hi everyone,

I had my weigh in today and lost 2.2! FINALLY! I have been plateauing so I am hoping this is the start of many losses again! I am now down 59 pounds and hoping to get at least 1 next week so I can get another 5 pound star!!!

That is great! Keep it up (or is it keep it down?)

Following the advice of this board (and my leader) I switched to Core 2 weeks ago..........the first week I lost 1.4 lbs (part of the same 2 lbs I've been gaining and losing all summer)..........today is WI and I'm not sure, I think I gained...........

Tomorrow is our cruise and I'm hoping Core will be the way to go.....it's that darn snacking that gets me, I really have to work on control.....I'm bringing my water bottle (and Crystal Light).............plan on eating in the dining room..........s/f desserts only...........(for some reason, this cruise really has me anxious diet wise) I wish I can exercise but 2 bad knees and tendonitis really prevent almost any except swimming............so I have to really watch the food..........

I will try to post from the cruise.............

Good luck to everyone.........

I started on WW in March and so far I am down 56 lbs. Yeah me! We scheduled a cruise for mid-January and I wonder how much I can lose before then...I have been losing 1-3 lbs a week consistantly and wonder when the dreaded plateau will kick in? Hope it doesn't but when it does, I will bump up the excercise routine to shake up this ole body of mine.

Best of Luck to all you losers out there. We know we can do it!

I am a life Time member of Weight Watchers and have gained and lost the same 20 lbs for years LOL.

But I do know it works when you follow the plan. I do believe you really should attend the meetings. It is a weekly reality check that keeps you on program for the next week, and the next week, and the next week... You must realize Weight Watchers is not a DIET it is a way of life. Can you tell I have attended many meetings? LOL When I stop going to meetings and try to do it on my own I gain. Going on Carnival Glory 4/11/09.. When I have a goal, like a vacation. I can usually do very well.

There is also alot of healthy choices you can make on the cruise. Things usually are more enjoyable when someone else is cooking and cleaning up. Happy sailing to all you LOSERS.(weight losers I mean )

Just came back from the weekly WW meeting and lost 3.6 pounds - the most ever. My problem is that it's mostly from stress. When I get stressed, I stop eating. Anyhow, hopefully, all that is behind me now and I can just concentrate upon not gaining anything back this next week. Just 4.4 from my 10% goal - whoo hoo! Not too bad for eight weeks!:D

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was my weigh in and I just want to cry! I gained 4.4! How is that even possible??? I do everything right, eat my points, workout, drink my water and my body will just not cooperate.

As many of you know I have been on a plateau for 3 months now! I lost 50 pounds in my first 5 months on plan and since joining the gym 3 months ago I have only lost 5 now. It is very frustrating! I thought exercising was supposed to help with the weight loss????

Ijust don't know what to do anymore??? I took my measurements a month ago becasue everyone said I will probably still lose inches and yesterday I took them again and nothing changed.

Thanks for listening, just had to vent!

I am back at WW now (I don't know how many times I have joined but I have 6 membership books!). I have been paying the monthly membership fee and not going to weigh or following the program since May. Even when I was going, I was not following the program. I must have really liked the meetings, I guess, because they were the only part of the program I was following! From October 19, 2007 to May 9, 2008, I lost 4lbs (with all the losing and gaining--went on Caribbean Princess in February and gained 2.6). From May 9, 2008 to my weigh in on August 22, I had gained 3 lbs. So, my membership book sticker that I got on Friday shows that I have lost 1lb since October of 2007. It probably would have been worse, but I knew I was going back to WW on Friday to weigh and I started writing everything down on Monday. I am determined to follow the program this time!!

I will use my points on food that is good for me and not use my entire 20 points on candy! I will drink water! I will take a multivitamin! And I will record all of this on my tracker! I will write down and account for the food that I eat immediately after I weigh in! This is my mantra.

My goal is to be thin on enough on my cruise in January that I am not at all self-conscious in my swimsuit. If this happens, it will be the first time in my life.

I just got Hungry Girl's cookbook at Costco. It is full of low point easy to make recipes. I am hoping this will help me stay away from Sonic.:D

BTW, my picture reflects the first time I went to WW and stuck with it and went to the Y every morning to work out. I did all of that to get ready for my first cruise in December of 2005 (Grand Princess Western Caribbean) and wedding in October of 2006. Fell off the wagon shortly thereafter.

Tlovesdis, I admire your perseverance through your plateau! You are an inspiration! I bet next week you will have lost.

Tina, so sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a long plataeu. I have some suggestions that might help, which plan are you on? do you go to meetings or use the online program. One more question, have you had a check up with your doctor to see if you could have any hormonal issues or thyroid issues?

Our bodies are amazing machines and they will do whatever it takes to protect itself. It sounds like perhaps you may need to shake things up a bit. If you are on Flex, try the Core program for a couple of weeks or vice versa, when you go to the gym, vary your exercise by type and the length. When I need to shake things up, I eat Core foods but count the points, it really helps move the scale. Try to stay away from processed foods and limit your sodium intake while trying to boost your metabolism.

I know you will get over this hump! Be sure to check out the message boards on the WW site. There are tons of people that are experiencing the same as you and can also give you some good suggestions.

Happy losing!

Tina, so sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a long plataeu. I have some suggestions that might help, which plan are you on? do you go to meetings or use the online program. One more question, have you had a check up with your doctor to see if you could have any hormonal issues or thyroid issues?

Our bodies are amazing machines and they will do whatever it takes to protect itself. It sounds like perhaps you may need to shake things up a bit. If you are on Flex, try the Core program for a couple of weeks or vice versa, when you go to the gym, vary your exercise by type and the length. When I need to shake things up, I eat Core foods but count the points, it really helps move the scale. Try to stay away from processed foods and limit your sodium intake while trying to boost your metabolism.

I know you will get over this hump! Be sure to check out the message boards on the WW site. There are tons of people that are experiencing the same as you and can also give you some good suggestions.

Happy losing!

Thanks!

I do the Flex plan. I tried Core for two weeks and nothing changed. I have tried everything I can think of, less exercise, more exercise, eating my AP's, not eating my AP's, eating my weeklies, not eating my weeklies, mixing up what I eat, etc...

I go to the meetings with my sister every Saturday!

I see my doc every three months as I have diabetes (which is completely under control now and I am almost off all of my meds, so even though I am not losing, I know I shouldn't complain!!!). I have an appointment with her Thursday and I am going to talk to her about what is going on.

I will try almost anything at this point!

I'm doing WW. Started the day I decided to book the Oasis of the Seas inaugural sailing 12/12/09.

At that time it was 7/22 but couldn't book until they opened it up 8/21. Woo Hoo. I am sailing my first inaugural - SOLO at that! It feels soooo good to know I have my little piece booked.

NOW on to reaching goals! There sure is enough time between now and then to see some awesome results. (Heck, she isn't even built yet.) No sense in stressing out over trying to get too much off too fast.

I see it will take a bit to catch up on what is going on with this board but will work very hard to get to know you.

I am a (not at goal) lifetime WW member. I worked for WW YEARS ago (20+ yrs ago). When I stopped working for them, is when the weight inched up. I have gone back and forth, up and down, round and round. THIS time I have the feeling of success however. You know how it is. Sometimes we join because we HAVE to. It usually lasts a few weeks and/or a few pounds, only to fall off and gain more weight. Other times we join with the confidence that we CAN do it this time. Right now, this journey feels like a CAN CERTAINLY do it this time.

...and OH HOW I've been wanting to cruise thin! The thinist I've been sailing on a cruise was almost TEN years ago when DH and I were married in St. Thomas while sailing on Grandeur of the Seas.

I'll have to read more to see who is sailing when and who has what goals. Glad to see there is a WW thread on these boards. I go to local meeting and have an on-line membership because I prefer the on-line tracking. I've never been able to get a lot out of the message boards on there though so hopefully with all us having the same interest, the posts will be more interesting.

Just came back from the weekly WW meeting and lost 3.6 pounds - the most ever. My problem is that it's mostly from stress. When I get stressed, I stop eating. Anyhow, hopefully, all that is behind me now and I can just concentrate upon not gaining anything back this next week. Just 4.4 from my 10% goal - whoo hoo! Not too bad for eight weeks!:D

Hmmm... I am the same way about eating and stress but it depends on the type of stress. If I'm feeling bad about myself or am scared then I don't eat. If I'm mad stressed or overworked stress, I eat like a starving person. I think WW helps because no matter what I feel, if I keep track of my points I can catch myself before I go off the deep end. Last time all it took was one birthday( my husband's) and one piece of german chocolate cake that led to about half of the remaining cake and anything else in my path!

Hello again!

It looks like everyone is really working hard on losing their weight. Mine is coming off very slowly, but then I didn't get fat overnight. Ha ha:p

SW 193.8, CW 186.2 and just started my 5th week. I am doing flex. When I had done WW years ago I went through a plateau that lasted almost 3 months. Talk about discouraging. I was about 4 # shy of goal weight and I just couldn't make it go away. I tried everything I could think of. Not sure why but when the body decided to lose it, I did it in a week! Just know that you are not alone on the plateau.

Troggie

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was my weigh in and I just want to cry! I gained 4.4! How is that even possible??? I do everything right, eat my points, workout, drink my water and my body will just not cooperate.

As many of you know I have been on a plateau for 3 months now! I lost 50 pounds in my first 5 months on plan and since joining the gym 3 months ago I have only lost 5 now. It is very frustrating! I thought exercising was supposed to help with the weight loss????

Ijust don't know what to do anymore??? I took my measurements a month ago becasue everyone said I will probably still lose inches and yesterday I took them again and nothing changed.

Thanks for listening, just had to vent!

What does your leader say? If you are on Flex, can you switch to Core? Do you get advice from the other members?

Archived