Anyone else doing Weight Watchers?

Msel4u

And I lost 1.2 lbs during the cruise!

I had switched to Core and tried to stick with it the best I could......

I limited myself to 2 drinks (light beer with lime....I counted that as fruit ;) )

We ate almost every meal in the dining room....twice we went to the buffet because the dining room was closed.......so I was very choosey..

I made sure I had either veg soup or salad with lunch and dinner....sometimes both........I read the fat content for the spa meals or order from the regular menu but had sauces on the size........and had extra veggies on the side (no bread or potatoes except once for each)

Dessert was sugar free cake with fruit cocktail......one night I had sugar free apple pie with sugar free ice cream.......(I also had a gelatto one night and a few fish crackers at the bar)

Breakfast was veggie egg white omelets, hot cereal or once was French toast with sugar free syrup.......

One evening hubby wasn't feeling well so we ordered room service.....we both had tea and I had fat free yogurt with fruit salad.......

Did I feel hungry? NO

Did I feel deprived? Somewhat.........but I made decent choices

(oh, we did lots of walking and I got to the gym twice....but I did not weigh myself.........people at my meeting told me not to do that)

Karen, thanks for reassuring me that I can and will make good choices on my upcoming cruise. I leave tomorrow and will be flying to London to sail back across the Atlantic. We have one night precruise then 14 days sailing. So I'm determined not to undo the work I have already done on WW since February.

Planning to use the stairs whenever possible and the fitness center daily. Also, another member of our roll call has said she would love to take walks around the Promednade deck daily. So, I have plenty of activities planned. I'm also thinking I should continue to journal even if it's on paper since I won't be spending my time online except to post my weight on WI days.

WOOT, weigh in was yesterday and I'm down 1.4. For once, I kept track of all my points and wrote down everything that I ate. I still used 3 points more than I was supposed to, so I will have to work on staying out of my co-worker's M&Ms. My next goal is to start drinking the water like I am supposed to. I find that now I sometimes (but not always:D )pass up candy and snacks because I don't want to go to the trouble to write it down.

:rolleyes: i joined WW in Jan. of this year i have lost 33.6 lbs. so far and i hope to lose 50 lbs. total by the time i go on my 2nd cruise in Feb....i had lost 25 lbs. before going on my first cruise in May...i did gain a few on the cruise but i got right back on track...i have done flex since i started but i have toyed a few times with trying core...i need to start exercising on a regular basis...good luck to everyone and keep losing...dolores

Hi everyone,

I have good news! After gaining 4.4 last week for no apparent reason, I lost 5 pounds this week, and am now only .4 away from 60 pounds. As many of you know, I have been on a plateau for 3+ months. I am hoping this is the start of going back down again.

My goal was 75 by the cruise, but it's coming up quick, so I am just going to take whatever loss I can get in the next 47 days and be thrilled with it!

Nice to see all of you WW people on this board. I'm a lifetime member for the past 24 years and have periodically hit goal. The last time around was 2 years ago and I lost 30 lbs. but it took a year to get it off. Tina, I too, hit a long 3 month plateau but eventually made it to goal which I maintained for a year but over the summer I managed to gain 10 lbs. back. Soooo, I rejoined for weekly visits on Saturday and have vowed to get off the 10 plus a few for space to breath. Our next cruise is Nov. 21 so I'm hoping to be at goal by then. I lose so darn slow. Last time I averaged .5 a week. In younger years, I averaged 2 lbs. a week but I have to admit that I do use some of the flex points on Saturday nights for wine and bread. When I was losing 2 lbs. a week, I never deviated. This time around I did not feel deprived so I would rather lose slower but have a life as I do love my Saturdays.

The main thing is we are all on track and supporting each other.

Everyone, have a great day, drink the water, move, move, move and journal!

Marianne

Hi everyone,

I just booked my next cruise today and found this thread. Good day all around. I'm cruising northern Europe in May. I actually joined (well, rejoined) WW almost three weeks ago. I have my third WI on Sunday. I'm doing Core and so far I really like it. The food is good, and I know it's healthy, and I never have to worry about feeling hungry.

I'm just hoping to be down a few sizes for my cruise rather then reach goal since I have a lot to loose. Having a trip coming up is so motivating, as we all know.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Stacy

I had my WI on Saturday and was down 2.6 so I was pleased. :) Hopefully I will have another good week. I find it helped me last week to eat more points during the day because in the past, I saved as much as I could for evenings so I could graze all night and I think that's why I lost so slowly. Now I'm not eating anything after dinner. We'll see on Saturday if that's the key.

Marianne

Hi there!

I just started WW today!!!! My official weigh-in was last night, so I'm treating today as day 1. I'm really excited to get a jump start on my 'new way of life'. I've been making lots of excuses for NOT eating right and exercising and I've finally realized that I can's make excuses anymore and just face myself in the mirror.

Don't know how good I'll be at posting, but I'll try.

Thanks for being here. Bo

Bo,

Treat every day as the first day and even if you slip up, get right back in the saddle! That was the best advice I heard at one of my WW meetings. It is the cummuative days, weeks, and years of healthy eating that will determine how much you can lose and maintain. I have lost 57 lbs since March and I am halfway to goal.

Congrats on making the decision to change your life!

Ruth

Hi everyone !!

I just found this section

and wanted to post

My name is Carol.

And I have been doing Weight Watchers in Erie Pa

for quite awhile.

Regular member here ...got down to LIFETIME a few years ago

but gained some back since...

back to being a paying member for me .

I have lost 3.8 pounds these past two weeks

getting in gear for my soon to be cruise:o

Of caorse , I still have 12 more pounds to go ,

before I am back to being lifetime again.

Wish me Luck !!

I will try to post weeekly .

My weighin day is saturday Morning .

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I started this thread back in July so I guess it's time to tell everyone how I have been doing. When I first started I was doing terrible,but then something happened. About a month ago my daughter and I were watching a program about weight loss surgery on teens,and my daughter(23) said that she wanted to try to lose some weight she started out at 278 and I started out at 206. So she started on weight watchers with me.We are now going to meeting together and we joined the YMCA. It has been great. She is down 12 pounds and I am down 7 pounds.It is so much better having someone to do this with.Shopping is so much easier because there is no more juke in the house.I know we both have a long way to go but I know we can do it.;)

Congrats on your continued efforts and your daughter getting involved. It will help to have a team mate involved.

I rejoined last week, having a hard time getting going with the points, but started by cleaning out frig, freezer and cupboards....trying to get some recipes together for quick meals I can freeze as I am a busy mom and take out and restaurants are my down fall...

Hoping to lose 40 pounds by our cruise in January. Will keep you posted, would appreciate support.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting for a while! I am the one that is on a horrible plateau. It has now been 5 months and I am still gaining and losing the same 6 freaking pounds. But today I tried on my dresses for the cruise and two of them didn't zip when I bought them and now fit perfectly! So even though my weight will not go down, I must be losing inches from all of the working out.

It has been really hard the past 5 months, but I made a decision that I would not quit and I haven't! I am losing inches and I have been taken off all of my diabetes meds, so I know I am doing everything right. Hopefully the weight will start coming off again, but if I am destined to be big, then so be it! LOL! I will just keep doing what I am doing!!!

Hi. I am on WW again -- 4th time? -- I keep losing the SAME 30 pounds... too bad I need to lose more! Good thing is that I am IN THE ZONE now. Doing great on exercise, journaling, getting in my fruits and veggies. Had WI this morning and lost four pounds this week (up to 7.6). Have a ways to go. I am not losing specifically for my next cruise (April), but I would be thrilled if I could wear more of the clothes from my closet at that point.

The WW community boards have helped me. Figured I'd get involved here -- the more support, the better. And if I can help any other cruiser/weight watcher, even better!

This week, DH made me the zero-point butternut squash soup on the WW website. It is outrageous.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi all-

Mind if I join in? This is actually my first post to cruise critic. I've been lurking for way to long.

I purchased the at home WW kit way back in 04' after I had my second son, but didn't get serious and actually use the program until April of this year. Since April I have lost 25 pounds. Which at this point places me at a weight that I am very proud of (got into my "skinny jeans" and now they are actually too big), but now I've got to work on those jiggly wiggly areas. And of course not gain any of the 25 pounds back...goal to ditch the "mom" bathing suit for our cruise in March and actually sport a bikini. Something that hasn't been seen on me for at least 8 years.

But now I need to be held accountable for my excersize. I need to be working out, aerobic as well as weight/resistance training. I was doing an hour a day mixed between the two, trading off the areas of the body I focus on for the weight/resistance training everyday. But I gave myself an excuse to stop...that being I had to have surgery. Doc gave me the all clear to use the ellipitcal again, but no crunches for another couple of weeks.

plus the hubby has decided to jump on in and Weight Watchers with me. Which is great since that makes grovery shopping easier and helps keep those pit fall snacks out of the house.

Hugs08- a plateau is where you body just kind of hangs out at the same weight even though you are eating right and excersizing.

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Chanda/lovemyfamily

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know what I have been doing. I have been going to the Gym about 4 times a week and as of

10/31 I have lost 12 pounds and my Daughter has lose 15 pounds. We are going on a cruise on November 21,2008. We are driving down to Fort Lauderdale and I am really worried about the drive down there. When I drive I get really bored and all I want to do is snack. I'm going to take stuff with us but it is something about those snack machines at the truck stops that do me in. We have over a thousand miles to drive from Maryland(it will be my daughter, granddaughter and myself) so wish me luck. I'm really not worried about the cruise itself just the drive down and back up.:o

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! Hope you'll welcome another WW member!

I rejoined WW on Tuesday...for the LAST time :) I turned 48 this year, and I am just tired of being heavy. I have 100+ to lose, but I'm not thinking about that number now...just my first 10%!

My focus this time is to just do it one day at a time, and in this case, not look at the big picture 'cause it's too daunting. And yes, I am even going to exercise...

My biggest concern is that my age will hinder my weight loss. In the past, I've always been a consistent and quick loser. <big sigh>

Anyway, thanks for listening. I hope everyone has a great week and I'll be lurking :cool:

My biggest concern is that my age will hinder my weight loss.

Vick: I am 47 and started WW in March and have lost 71 lbs. If I can do it, anyone can! I still have about 30 to go.

I think the key to WW is to eat as much of the food on the Core list. I do what I have coined "Flexie-Core" eating mostly Core but measuring and assigning point values. I have limited if not eliminated processed food. I do have a WW ice cream bar a couple times a week but thats it. No Fiber One bars or the WW bars and the like.

I also exercise quite a bit. Start adding a little bit at a time right from the start. You'll be amazed to see how your body responds!

If you have any questions, ask away. I am surely not an expert but can share what I have learned.

Good Luck!

Ruth

Archived