2006 QE2 World Cruise Brochure

Gary B

I just noticed that on the Cunard UK site you can now order the 2006 QE2 World Cruise brochure. That was not there about a week ago.

It kicks off on the 3 January from Southampton to New York! You can see on the site from Jan 2006 to April 2006

The blurb about the brochure on the site says:

"Visit 42 ports in 27 nations and discover some of the world’s great natural and man-made wonders on QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 ’s 2006 World Cruise. Discover the thrill of sailing a legend. Revel in the singular excitement of exploring the world in the high style and easy grace. Book the Full World Cruise or merely a portion and take advantage of our wonderful choice of tours including multi-day excursions to such legendary sights as Uluru (Ayers Rock), the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal. "

How I would love to do that.... maybe at least the Jan crossing......!!

I ordered the 2006 World cruise brochure Oct 2, still not received it though I have twice been told "it has been sent".

Also as you will see from another posting, I have been trying to book either the NY to Sydney segment or LA to Sydney segment, its on the web page and so are the Early booking prices, but no one, not TA, not Cunard can book theses, It seems that the system is not available to book segments.!

As to why it is on the web page, no one seems to know, in fact one bright yourng thing informed me "you must have misread it"

Have E mail Cunard several times but no answer has arrived.

I just booked the 2006 World Cruise yesterday from Southampton to Southampton although I could have booked it NY to NY. I would assume that I could have also booked segments of it. I used the US number--800-5CUNARD.

Wow. I am so envious as we would love to do the world cruise. But have to wait for 5 years before can do it as both myself and partner can take a sabbatical from our jobs then (and also is our 50th and 40th respective birthdays) and so that will be our treat. Wonder if QE2 will still be doing the wrold cruise or if QM2 or Victoria by then..

What cabin level have you chosen to do it in?

On the posting about the brochure, the one I ordered arrived earlier this week.

Hi Gary

It is a thought, will QE2 still be plying the oceans in 2009? Her career ends before 2010 no matter what because of she will never meet SOLAS 2010 regulations (real wood, staircases to nowhere and blind corridors to name a few problems).

Will 2009 be her last year, or will it be earlier? Word I hear suggests that 2007 will be when she will be put to seed but it is too early to say. She is still getting refits and interior upgrades each year. Start to worry when that stops!

More than likely that world cruise will be sold out in 2 months

right after it's announced by Cunard.

I wanted to do the final Panama Canal sailing on the old Rotterdam V back in 1994, but every cabin was gone within 3 weeks

after HAL opened reservations!

Goes to show ya that the most popular ship with a faithful clientele will always have a looooong line to get at the chance of being on board.

I'd say keep your eyes peeled for the QE2s "final" sailing.

Well, it might be final. Last years crossing was labeled as the last one, but look what happened. The ship is still doing them.

If you do the world cruise, let me know so I can get my bags ready.

:-D

Still no sign of brochures, but checked web page today, all segments have changed, LA to Sydney no longer in , ports in the Pacific have also changed (no Papeete for instance) even worse the prices have INCREASED a large amount. NY to Sydney now 37 days .

Cunard rep says "the segments have not been released for sale, maybe released in January" , I asked about a wait list, but told "no wait list, call back in Jan" Asjed about prices, and told "May have changed by then" I bet they will !

I too received my 2006 World Cruise Brochure recently - I cannot say exactly when as I have only just got back from the QE2 Iberian Shores cruise - whilst the ship is showing signs of it's age - it still offers first class service & cuisine & despite missing our call to Lisbon & experiencing a 7 hour delay to board QE2 on 21 October it was still a holiday to remember - for all the right reasons I hasten to add! We did though have our fair share of rough weather with force 10 gales for nearly 36 hours & moderate swells of force 6/7 upon our return to Southampton!

I've been home barely a day and am already planning another trip for 2005!

Kind Rgs

RJMS74

Thanks for the posting, and glad you had a great time on your recent cruise! I have received another mailing on the world cruise 2006 about "The Grill Experience" on the world cruise. We have decided we are going to go in 2009 (on whatever Cunard are running then as with SOLAS 2010 QE2 may be on her last one I guess).

On the rough weather you had, what was it liek on board in that weather. How much did you feel etc? Gary

Found my 2006 World Cruise QE2 brochure in the mail today,no clue as to if Segments were being offered for sale, though prices were there and other info,

My TA promised me two weeks ago that she had sent an E Mail to Cunard asking that I might book a segment NY to Sydney (Jan 9th 2006), still waiting for her to send me the answer - if any.

I still wish to go but wonder if Cunard will allow me just to do a segment or if they will hold on to the canin in hope of getting a full World cruiset to book it - though since it is a single cabin of only 87 sq ft I really doubt if any one will book so small a cabinfor so long a cruise.

Will do a follow up on Monfay (Just back this pm off Summit - rather tired - had a very good trip though)

Vic.. I'm sure you're right. It'll sell out fast. I don't know why you suddenly think you're wrong?

Jimsgirl... Cunard is going through a lot of changes right now. They just moved their headquarters in with Princess near LA. For 2006 sailings and forward they are changing their booking software to the one Princess uses. It's been a tough week, as I was on the phone Monday morning trying to secure group space on the RT LA cruises at the beginning of 2006 on QM2. They were getting them into the new system.... slowly. I called every day and finally got everything secured on Wednesday morning.

Get on your TA to CALL and ask about the segments. Don't wait for an email response! Folks who call get immediate attention. ;)

Me.. I just want my hubby to get a permanent job so we can plan a transatlantic! We had to cancel our Grand cruise next month. :(

Good News. at last!

After coming back from my cruise on Summit Nov 5th, I phoned my (then )TA, only to find she was taking a long w/e starting thursday.! Left message, then E mailed her asking her to phone me "as ear;y as possible on Monday (today")

No phone but at 1.30 got E Mail, which said "sorry but I am swamped with work, my contact at Cunard says they are not selling segments at this time, I will keep in contact with her and let you know how things go "

Well being an impatient type, I contacted another agency, and to my astonishment I got the whole thing dealt with in less than 30 mins, booking at EBR 45% off),cabin, dining choice , air, the whole package. Paid my deposit and so all is well , going LA to Hong Kong 49 days Jan 23 to March 14. I can hardly believe it,

I will have to content my soul with just the one cruise for 2006 but what a great thing to look forward to.

Just glad I did not take my exTA's pronouncement as the final word. or I would have missed out as I needed a single cabin ( very few in number) and could only afford the cheapest on board, but who will know once I am in the public areas !

Thrilled with my good luck

Archived