Carnival Splendor July 2 sailing pics

nolaAlive

I have no reason to believe the stabilizers aren't in use. No noticeable rolling there was some pounding of the seas against the hull.

I'll be on Splendor for the middle leg of the South America Voyage - the round the Horn leg, and have no concerns about stability.

Thanks so much, you rock! You have answered most all of the questions I have had. Carnival needs to hire you. I just would like to know spa prices. Do they have that egg shape bed you lie in that makes you feel like you had 8 hours of sleep in one? Disney has them and was hoping they would be on the new spa ship.

I love the pics of the pottery, I would be filling my suitcase.

Can't wait for our cruise now in November.

NolaAlive,

Thanks for the capers. Since you are posting a good bit, I am pretty sure you will be able to answer my quesiton. You indicated that the internet was slow. I found it to be much faster early in the AM or very late at night. So have you noticed a difference in internet speed at different times of the day?

I also noticed in the capers that there have been 3 nights where the dress code was Cruise Elegant; July 3, 4 and 7. Was the July 3 listing a typo/mistake, or have you actually had 3 Cruise Elegant nights?

TIA,

Bob

NolaAlive,

Thanks for the capers. Since you are posting a good bit, I am pretty sure you will be able to answer my quesiton. You indicated that the internet was slow. I found it to be much faster early in the AM or very late at night. So have you noticed a difference in internet speed at different times of the day?

I also noticed in the capers that there have been 3 nights where the dress code was Cruise Elegant; July 3, 4 and 7. Was the July 3 listing a typo/mistake, or have you actually had 3 Cruise Elegant nights?

TIA,

Bob

They fooled us and them. Only 2 formal nights - July 5th and tonight July 7

NolaAlive,

TIA,

Bob

I am also switching between access points when one slows down.

Loving this thread and your pictures. I noticed that the safe in your room had a touch pad of numbers? Are you given a code or can you make up your own? This must be new as I thought all the safes had to have a credit card to open them.

Glad you are having such a great time, can not wait to go on ours. We are in single digit weeks now :D

Every time you lock the safe you set the code (kind of a pain, but the only way if could work). There is no confirmation, so make sure you are pushing the digits that you think you are.

Thanks, I guess it is safer, no pun intended ;). I am loving reading your Capers, thanks.

Thanks so much for these wonderful photos! You have made me want to book a cruise on Splendor now!

I didn't look throught the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been asked or answered, but is there any info/pics from the kids club I have a 3 year old. TIA! Keep enjoying!

Hello Nola! Thanks for all the great info on the new Splendor!

I was wondering, since the spa cabins have a free access to the thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite (ceramic lounge chairs), do they also offer access for a fee to others who don't stay in a spa cabin? Like either a day pass or a cruise pass (valid for unlimitted access to that part of the spa for the duration of the cruise) and if so, what are the prices?

Thanks a lot in advance , I am looking at a splendor cruise next May, and that will help decide if I go with a regular balcony or a spa cabin!

Louis (Gaudi)

Archived