Carnival Splendor July 2 sailing pics

nolaAlive

Hi Nola-

Your pictures are incredible and they are much more helpful than anything Carnival can ever provide--they really should consider putting you in charge! I look forward to seeing even more pictures and hearing your insights on everything.

Mind if I ask a question? Is there a chapel onboard? I am getting married on the Splendor when it starts its Mexican Rivera itinerary and I am hoping they have a chapel. If so, where is it located and what does it look like?? I am really curious because some of the other ship's chapels are not decorated bery nicely.....they are well....cheesy looking! Any chance you might be walking by there on your way to get a refill on the DOD and you might snap a picture or two for me? I would be so grateful!

Enjoy your trip and keep the pictures and info coming!

Barbie

Nola, I don't know if you missed my post, but I was wondering what type of camera you use to do those great pics and close ups of the boats? What brand and model if you could?? I'm always looking for a great camera with a good lens.

Also, where are the Camp Carnival capers on your site?

Thanks and happy birthday!!

Nola, I don't know if you missed my post, but I was wondering what type of camera you use to do those great pics and close ups of the boats? What brand and model if you could?? I'm always looking for a great camera with a good lens.

Also, where are the Camp Carnival capers on your site?

Thanks and happy birthday!!

Gator2700 - found this info about the cameras Bill uses when I clicked contact me on his website: -

Number 1 asked question is about cameras...

I mostly use a Canon S1 IS above and below water (with optional waterproof case). Unfortunately discontinued. Backup camera is an even more discontinued Canon s230 and also have a waterproof case for it. Canon does still offer lots of cameras with "affordable" waterproof cases. Nikon and Olympus are also popular brands.

Also use Photoshop Elements as fix it software.

UPDATE: I used a Canon A710 IS for all pics for the Carnival Freedom Inaugural Cruise March 5-14, 2007

UPDATE: Beginning with Carnival Pride 2008, I am also using a Canon S5 IS camera. The A710 IS is still used for the underwater pics, since Canon doesn't offer a waterproof case for the S5 and third party ones cost more than the camera. Come on Canon!

Gator2700 - found this info about the cameras Bill uses when I clicked contact me on his website: -

Number 1 asked question is about cameras...

I mostly use a Canon S1 IS above and below water (with optional waterproof case). Unfortunately discontinued. Backup camera is an even more discontinued Canon s230 and also have a waterproof case for it. Canon does still offer lots of cameras with "affordable" waterproof cases. Nikon and Olympus are also popular brands.

Also use Photoshop Elements as fix it software.

UPDATE: I used a Canon A710 IS for all pics for the Carnival Freedom Inaugural Cruise March 5-14, 2007

UPDATE: Beginning with Carnival Pride 2008, I am also using a Canon S5 IS camera. The A710 IS is still used for the underwater pics, since Canon doesn't offer a waterproof case for the S5 and third party ones cost more than the camera. Come on Canon!

Thanks and sorry..

I am using my Canon S5 IS although I do have the Canon A710IS along with waterproof case if there is bad weather. ;)

Bill,

I have been looking at your Splendor photos for awhile now and just had to add to everyone else's comments...WOW! Thanks so much.

I wish that I could send you ahead on every trip that I make.

We sail on the August 18 cruise and I think I will feel a little deja vu when I board. "Haven't I been here before?"

Carnival should award you with a free upgrade on every future cruise to say the least, plus a free night at the Supper Club. You have earned it.

Archived