Carnival Splendor July 2 sailing pics

nolaAlive

If you get a "rear view" of the ship at some point, I would love a shot of the 9A's on the starboard side...that's where we will be in November!

I was thinking the same thing although our Splendor experience isn't for 18 months.

I was thinking the same thing although our Splendor experience isn't for 18 months.

Whether we get one now or not, I will be sure to take a bunch when I am there in November.

I echo the comments of DGP1111; the amount of preparation that this took is amazing. I generally just skim through the shore pictures and concentrate on ship pictures. This is worthwhile viewing; I want to take a European cruise!

Thank you yet again.

Thank you.

Pulling into Barcelona now. No real set plans other than avoiding getting my pockets picked.

Also, received your feedback, Don. Close but not exact on the cabin location.

My sincere apologies kind SIR ;).

I can not wait for more of your glorious pictures. Someone, I think maybe Don, said your pictures need no captions, he was correct. Your pictures are all one needs, they say it all.

We will be in Paris 10 weeks from today :D. We too are going to Barcelona. Your pictures are getting me more excited, if that is possible. I have sent your link to your pictures to several of my friends and our TA. I probably should have asked but I was so excited to show them off.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise,

Have to say something here. I always hear how Carnival ships are over the top with decor, I found the pictures of the Splendor very nice and some even elegant. I have not sailed on a Carnival ship in 10 years and that was on the Sensation. I have to say this is not the Carnival I remembered. I am booked on the Liberty this Novemeber and am starting to get excited. Thanks for the pictures Nola they look great, hope your having a great cruise and keep it coming.

Nola,

Thank you for the beautiful and informative pictures :) You're the best! I've loved your work from previous cruises too! CC should hire you to be their "photographer at large" and pay for all of your cruises:D

Thanks again.

Annette

Nola,

Thank you for the beautiful and informative pictures :) You're the best! I've loved your work from previous cruises too! CC should hire you to be their "photographer at large" and pay for all of your cruises:D

Thanks again.

Annette

Works for me! :D

Now if only the Internet on the ship would speed up... May have to go to plan B.

Thank you for the picture of "our" 9A balcony!

I know that the Internet in April was pretty slow and you are uploading alot of pictures/using alot of time...I will kick in for some Internet time for my share!

Enjoy your evening.

A thousand million thank :) yous.I was able to see a picture of my balcony,yes mine!Anyone staying in it before jan 31st is only looking after it for me:D

Your pictures are awesome.Have a great cruise,you certainly deserve it!I for one am a very happy camper after seeing these wonderful images.

Holy smokes. I don't think I've ever seen a more expansive set of pictures for a ship. Very nicely done.

btw - in a few of the pictures it appears that the Splendor has a small colorful "waterworks" or water park area for kids. Is that what it is? I saw a sign saying that it was out of order but hopefully it will be working when my family sails in late Dec '08.

Thanks all.

Even just received a call from John Heald from his morning show. Cool! And he plugged the website - Outstanding!

Pics should be up through Barcelona!

Just to let you know....Barcelona isn't up.....;)

Holy smokes. I don't think I've ever seen a more expansive set of pictures for a ship. Very nicely done.

btw - in a few of the pictures it appears that the Splendor has a small colorful "waterworks" or water park area for kids. Is that what it is? I saw a sign saying that it was out of order but hopefully it will be working when my family sails in late Dec '08.

I'm not Nola (but I will be cruising with him in a week on the Splendor :) ) On John Healds blog he mentions that they have that area closed right now as the floors were too slippery and they needed to get some special mats for the floors:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/07/03/yachts-monte-carlo-and-the-first-brilliant-comment/

So far our biggest concerns are these.

The WaterWorks floor is too slippery and we need to buy mats that will stop the kids smashing into the bulkhead at 50 miles an hour when they come down the slide. These mats should be here tomorrow and this will make it a safe and fun play area. Until we do the area stays closed.

Archived