Carnival Elation Review

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. I adore the Elation. She ahs her quirks and flaws, but for an older ship doing the short Baja runs she is A-OK with me.

I always wonder why people post on the board and not in the ship-cruise review section of the CC site. I also wonder why the hosts who are so quick to move some posts/threads never seem to move reviews in the review area.

Elation is getting it's upgrade in March. Tina was our CD when we went last Nov and she was alright. We are going again this Nov. The ship wasn't bad and the food wasn't either. Like the original poster said, it's relative. The 24 pizza is great, hit the free sushi bar on the first night before others realize it is there because the line will get loooong.

A company called Baja Wild bajawild.com is the best in Cabo for snorkeling, kayaking, ziplines, hiking, and more (we've used them many times). They are very personal and inexpenisve too! When in Ensenada skip the blowhole, go shopping find a local Taqueria, in that order or you'll spend too much.

The CD on our cruise was Stewart Dunn(spelling).

We had a blast.

:cool:

Stuart does a GREAT job, he is my fav Carnival CD... the 7 or so times I've been on Elation since she got to san Diego he has been the CD, (with one exception in mid to late '07 and "she"did a terrible job.. I forget her name.... but being a CD is not her calling in life. ) I am sure Stuart will move on to bigger ships soon, and I/we will miss him.

who is the cruise director on the Elation..now ? we were on the elation back in March and it was Stuart Dunn also do you know the nanes of any of the shows? hope they are not repeat shows dont want to see the same ones again, they had rythem and spin I think... thanks Jeff

Because of the cost of the show, each show stays on a ship for 3-5 years, but they are rotated out, so every year or so, one of the shows is changed out. Heck shows don’t change out that often in Vegas; to hope that all the shows will all be different from year to year on a cruise ship is an unreasonable expectation.

Because of the cost of the show, each show stays on a ship for 3-5 years, but they are rotated out, so every year or so, one of the shows is changed out. Heck shows don’t change out that often in Vegas; to hope that all the shows will all be different from year to year on a cruise ship is an unreasonable expectation.

I believe Vegas has far many more venues to choose from;) You cannot compare Vegas to a cruise ship. No comparison whatsoever.

There is no reason why they can't change up the shows yearly. Their contracts don't even last that long...........

Archived