"WOW" 1/2 price deposit

If you really want to book you should since it seems the prices have just been going up, up, up. You are not really getting anything except for a cheap deposit that still has to be made up and some OBC. If you wait until Oct to book the prices could be a whole lot more. My next cruise is up over $800 per person since I booked. If the price goes down unless it is for "new bookings only" then RCCL will credit the money back, if it goes up you are locked in to the lower price.

At half price you are being over charged.

Our TA charges only $25 per person deposit for cuise lines regardless of cabin or length of cruise. We have booked and cruised or have bookings pending for a total of 20 cruises with them using this method of deposit.

Thus, for wife and I total deposit on a cruise is only $50.

At half price you are being over charged.

Our TA charges only $25 per person deposit for cuise lines regardless of cabin or length of cruise. We have booked and cruised or have bookings pending for a total of 20 cruises with them using this method of deposit.

Thus, for wife and I total deposit on a cruise is only $50.

For group bookings the initial deposit is $25 per person. Once names are given to the cruise line they want full deposit. This always scares me and I won't do it this way. Most of the time things would be fine like this, but cruise lines can and do at times recall space and only give you a short time to give the full deposit or you will lose the cabins.

Depends when and where you want to go, the sale they have going now may be a gem in the rough for you. It did produce two possible cruises for us, as soon as I finish this post DW and I will continue working on what cruise makes the most sense.

We booked on the WoW sale, but were unable to get that particular time off. We tried to change the ship and sale date and they told us we couldn't do that??? I don't see why not....what difference did it make as long as we kept the same reservation number and we were willing to pay the current rate for the cruise.

Another thing to keep in mind for the WOW sales, is often times they have other restrictions on just what can be combined with the WOW sale. Things such as shareholder OBC, C&A coupons etc. Most times it's more advantagous to just book and combine all those offersa nd pay the regular deposit as opposed to the WOW restrictions, you'll get a better deal 90% of time that way

Warren and Yvonne

I booked during the WOW sale last Oct. for my cruise in Feb. 2009( I know it's a long long long wait). We had just decided we definately wanted to go and it just came up at the right time. We booked 2 rooms and got 1/2 deposit, $100 onboard credit for each room, and we also got 4 tickets (2 per room) to see the christmas show at Radio City. I gave those tickets to my sister since there were 5 of us and only 4 tickets. Teh Radio City tickets came from mmy ta (Liberty) for sailings out of the tri-state area and lasted 7 or more days. I think we got a pretty good deal.

We booked on the WoW sale, but were unable to get that particular time off. We tried to change the ship and sale date and they told us we couldn't do that??? I don't see why not....what difference did it make as long as we kept the same reservation number and we were willing to pay the current rate for the cruise.
You can't do it because it is clearly stated in the guidelines (no changes) when you book.

Archived