On Formal Nights?

atdahop

On Formal nights, on Princess cruises can you wear smart casual to Sabattinis or do you have to dress in formal attire?

Thanks,

Carole

We have been on over 30 cruises and this is the first time I am thinking of not taking formal clothes due to all the luggage restrictions and the fact that the Alaskan cruises require bulkier clothing.

On Formal nights, on Princess cruises can you wear smart casual to Sabattinis or do you have to dress in formal attire?

Thanks,

Carole

We have been on over 30 cruises and this is the first time I am thinking of not taking formal clothes due to all the luggage restrictions and the fact that the Alaskan cruises require bulkier clothing.

This is a very good question and it was raised a few weeks ago in another thread. The conclusion was that the Princess "Cruise Answer Book" was very ambiguous on this matter and it the way it was phrased it would seem that smart casual was ok in the specialty dining venues on formal evenings but I am sure that a phone call to Princess could clear it up.

Thanks,

Carole

How about packing a nice pair of black crepe(or other dressy material) pants and a dressy top? That definitely is easy to pack and is considered formal on most lines. And don't be afraid to repeat or mix and match.

Ask about your specific ship and what people do on the Alaskan itineraries on the PRINCESS CRUISELINE board. You'll get lots of help there.

Formal night means formal night for the specialty restaurants also.

I am a great advocate of formal wear and formal nights but I would respectfully request that you carefully review Princess's "Cruise Answer Book" because there is a huge ambiguity in it and it could be very easily construed to say that specialty dining venues are excluded from formal wear on formal evenings.

Archived