Granduer or Radiance Please help!

I am presently booked on the Granduer on Apr 30th (Western Caribbean). I have been reading quite a bit on here about sewage smell which is making me think about switching to the Radiance instead. Please help me decide. What are the benefits of the Radiance versus Granduer? Is it worth the trouble switching?

I would appreciate any thoughts,

Evonne

I am presently booked on the Granduer on Apr 30th (Western Caribbean). I have been reading quite a bit on here about sewage smell which is making me think about switching to the Radiance instead. Please help me decide. What are the benefits of the Radiance versus Granduer? Is it worth the trouble switching?

I would appreciate any thoughts,

Evonne

The Radiance will not be in the Caribbean on April 30th. She is going through the Canal then and arrives in San Diego on May 1.

Karen

We have been on Radiance twice, also Serenade and booked for Jewel and radiance class ships are beautiful. Have also been on Grandeur and are going on Grandeur again in November. We never noticed any odors on Grandeur and thought it was a great ship with great service. You can't go wrong with either one.

Another vote for Radiance here! I've not been on Grandeur, but have been on Vision & Splendour, sister ships. They are very, very nice ships, but Radiance is special. The cabins are larger, there are more things to do on the ship in terms of activities, and everything is simply gorgeous - lots of glass, everything kept sparkling clean.

Given a choice I would do the Radiance. I've been on both and loved them but the Radiance is my favorite ship of 12 cruises. It's larger than the Grandeur but to me had the feel of a smaller ship which I prefer. And it it absolutely beautiful. If you can get the Concierge service (mini-suite up or Diamond level C&A) that's an added bonus..

When we were on the Radiance we were in a category B which I think is now GS and we were told it was a "mini-suite" at that time. Whatever it was called it was a great stateroom and we loved it. It was 1060. It was an unexpected two category upgrade for us and we definitely enjoyed that Concierge ! We also had a category B on the Grandeur which was a very similar stateroom without the Concierge. Also very nice and roomy. Loved it too.

When we were on the Radiance we were in a category B which I think is now GS and we were told it was a "mini-suite" at that time. Whatever it was called it was a great stateroom and we loved it. It was 1060. It was an unexpected two category upgrade for us and we definitely enjoyed that Concierge ! We also had a category B on the Grandeur which was a very similar stateroom without the Concierge. Also very nice and roomy. Loved it too.

We have been n the Radiance 11 times and 1060 is by far the best. It is our most favorite cabin of all because of the huge balcony.

Karen and Bob

We too vote for the Radiance. While we haven't sailed on the Grandeur, we recently returned from 11 glorious days on the Radiance (Sept 25 Vancouver to Hawaii). Had the pleasure of cruising with "Atseadaze" - Karen & Bob (Hello!). What makes the Radiance for special is her crew and staff who do everything in their power to ensure that your every need is taken care off. From the Captain down, they provide a feeling of inviting you into their family. We have sailed on her sister ship, The Brilliance, and while the two ships are comparable in their beauty, there is no comparison between the service or food. Radiance wins hands down. It is worth the effort to switch.

Rick & Sue

We too vote for the Radiance. While we haven't sailed on the Grandeur, we recently returned from 11 glorious days on the Radiance (Sept 25 Vancouver to Hawaii). Had the pleasure of cruising with "Atseadaze" - Karen & Bob (Hello!). What makes the Radiance for special is her crew and staff who do everything in their power to ensure that your every need is taken care off. From the Captain down, they provide a feeling of inviting you into their family. We have sailed on her sister ship, The Brilliance, and while the two ships are comparable in their beauty, there is no comparison between the service or food. Radiance wins hands down. It is worth the effort to switch.

Rick & Sue

Hi Rick and Sue,

Just bisited the Radiance as she is in San Diego today and had a nice visit with Captain Kent and Inge and saw many of our friends from the crew. You are absolutely right about everything you said. The Radiance is the Super Star of the RCI fleet. By the way, the charter voyage was spectacular we heard from absolutely everyone. We hope to see you on another Radiance voyage very soon.

Karen and Bob

Guest cruzr44

Don't forget the self leveling pool tables on the Radiance in addition to what everyone else pointed out. I will be on the Radiance again next month just to show my sister how gorgeous she is. Being able to go out on the helipad is an exciting thing to do if you have never experienced it. Though I did love being on the Enchantment, I really loved being on the Radiance. Enjoy whatever ship you choose.

I have been on both ships and IMO, there is no comparison between the Radiance and Grandeur. Although the Grand is a nice ship, the Radiance is GORGEOUS! I just love the fact that no matter where you are on the ship, you can see the ocean and think the size is just perfect. We never felt crowded and of the 8 cruises we've taken, the Radiance is our favorite!

Archived