Still no cabin assigned - we leave in 2 weeks

JTor

Voyager Baltics Aug.2, we are booked as "guaranteed". My TA said there are "no bad cabins" on Voyager since they are all big and have balconies. I sure hope she is right because the cruise is in 2 weeks, we have our documents, but there is still no cabin assignment.

Should I be worried?

always funny when a client reserves "GTY" and is frantic about when the cabin will be assigned- GTY's are good reservations but come on- you had to know that you ran the chance of not knowing up to the DAY OF THE CRUISE.

Voyager Baltics Aug.2, we are booked as "guaranteed". My TA said there are "no bad cabins" on Voyager since they are all big and have balconies. I sure hope she is right because the cruise is in 2 weeks, we have our documents, but there is still no cabin assignment.

Should I be worried?

If you mean, should you be worried you will be bumped, then, no, don't worry. If they were overbooked they would have tried to buy you out by now I think.

As others have said, you may end up with a great cabin, or a minimal one depending on the level of your GTY, but think of it as a surprise when you board! BTW, my TA has told me to avoid H cabins on Voyager--not "bad", just a bit noisy I think. Others have said to avoid certain other aft cabins for the same reason. But the impact of that should be very minimal.

Let us know how it turns out, and have a great cruise.

KenBT,

We have never booked on this basis for any cruise before - we always chose our own cabin. Our TA recommended this for Regent as we got a good fare and as she said, "no bad cabins". I thought I would be given a cabin number when we got our documents, but they came without an assignment. I guess we will find out when we board. I don't think I am constitutionally suited to the uncertainty so I may not book on this basis again!!

You might try signing into my crusies on the Regent Website - you need your booking number and you might find you've been assisgned without you or your TA knowing it. The Baltic's are fairly shielded, you overnight in port as well, so if you did get an H in the back of the ship, it won't be horrible with vibration.

You might try signing into my crusies on the Regent Website - you need your booking number and you might find you've been assisgned without you or your TA knowing it. The Baltic's are fairly shielded, you overnight in port as well, so if you did get an H in the back of the ship, it won't be horrible with vibration.

ChatKat is absolutely right. I found our GTY suite number in that way for a Med cruise and was pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to an Horizon suite. It was superb and we were not bothered by the minimal vibration at infrequent times.

GTY is a guaranteed suite. If offered you can book a suite in a particular class, say G, and are not allocated a suite number with the guarantee that you will be allocated at least that class and possibly higher when the final bookings and allocations are made

I am of the no bad cabin point of view. ALL standard cabins are the same size. They are magnificent. You'll be delighted. The only variable is the location on the ship. The aft cabins have a bit of vibration. The vibration bothers some people but not most. I've occupied an aft cabin (Horizon View) and loved it even with the small amount of vibration. I think the best standard cabins on the ship are some of the cheapest, G cabins amidship. Great location--really close to lots of stuff and lower so you feel less motion. If a guarantee was your only way to get a lesser expensive cabin, I think you made a great decision. You may find yourself in for a very happy surprise. I hope you post results in two weeks so we all know what happened. Pat

JTor...

As you just said... you hate uncertainty- as all here have mentioned sometimes you get the cabin rate you paid for- and other times you are amazed at how much higher you are assigned. But if you hate the "Wait and See" outcome- spend the money at first and get what you will surely be pleased with. Since you have to realize- cruising in this category of cruising-

Luxury... why skimp on accommodations- get your assigned stateroom "NOW" and have to play the "ROULETTE OF LUCK".

Archived