Too lazy to search the boards!

mommacl

• Administrators
What do you think is the best tour combo from Skagway up the W/P train & down on a tour bus? Cost please.

Also if you did the ranger tour in Skagway, did you like it?;)

I'm sorry you feel too "lazy" to search the boards for Skagway posts. There are lots of them, and many are by folks who are no longer posting regularly here (because their trips are over) but the threads contain a lot of useful information for future visitors. I personally would never confess to being "too lazy" to do free research prior to spending my hard-earned money, but I guess differences like that are what make the world go 'round?

Anyway, we loved our Chilkoot Charters' rail trip to Fraser, followed by the van trip down. It cost about $170 per person, which was our priciest Alaska excursion -- we thought it was worth every penny.

Due to time constraints we weren't able to do the ranger tour in Skagway (which fills up fast), but if we visit again, that's what we will do. I've never seen a negative report of the ranger tours here at CC.

Actually I should have said too tired.I've researched & booked the cruise.

I've researched & planned three days before the trip in Washington State. (for four) planned & booked 2 excurtions.

I just wanted a little help. But at least I'm not rude!

Michellp can you tell me a little more about ranger excur, name of company, or something don`t think I`ve seen it anywhere, thanks

It was the National Park Service historical walks she was referring to. You can just book when you arrive, and they're free - a great introduction to Skagway and the Klondike Gold Rush.

Murray

If you admit that you are too lazy to search the boards, why should we do your work for you? DON

Exactly! How many times have we seen reoccurring questions that had a long tread 3,4 5 days earlier? E.g. What is the best way to get form Whittier to Anchorage, etc., etc.?

Too lazy to plan

Too tired to pack

Too lazy to drive to airport

Too tired to walk up the gangplank

Too lazy to unpack

Too tired for the muster drill

Too lazy to dress for dinner

Too tired to go on (think I'll take a nap)

I admit I skipped over this thread the first time due to the title, but I'll tell you what we did last year. I originally booked Chilkoot Charters' 3.5-hour rail/bus trip to Fraser - thinking I wanted to spend the rest of the time exploring Skagway. Then the WP&YR operated the train all the way to Carcross for the first time last year, so I switched to the 9-hour rail/bus trip. Unfortunately, some of the tracks had washed out just before we arrived in Skagway, so we couldn't take that excursion. We opted for the 7-hour Yukon rail/bus excurson - with the train to Fraser, bus to Carcross and Emerald Lake, and back to Skagway. It was FABULOUS!

Guest carlogesualdo

I wouldn't hesitate to talk about my favorite topic...again...and if I knew anything about Alaska, I'd jump right in there. It never hurts to repeat information. Especially when the search function doesn't work well, if at all. Sometimes, when you ask again, you get different information from different people. No need to be so rude about it.

Archived