Good (safe) restaurants?

YayGirlsTrip

Any recommendations for some good (and safe) restaurants in Cozumel? A couple of years ago we took the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel and I remember eating at a great place, but don't remember where it was. Loved the guacamole!

I know that the group of ladies I'll be with will be terrified about the possibility of un-safe food -- they're old fashioned and never travel! But I'd really like to enjoy some great food while we're there.

Oh, and no super loud places with crazy crowds please. :o

Thanks!!

Any recommendations for some good (and safe) restaurants in Cozumel? A couple of years ago we took the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel and I remember eating at a great place, but don't remember where it was. Loved the guacamole!

I know that the group of ladies I'll be with will be terrified about the possibility of un-safe food -- they're old fashioned and never travel! But I'd really like to enjoy some great food while we're there.

Thanks!!

Any place that serves food is safe, the last thing the resturant owners want is sick guests. Try casa dennis.

Try Casa Denise like Ken says. It's been in business since 1945 and owned by the same family. (Lot's of locals eat there) Ask to be seated in the rear in the courtyard. Great food........:D

I've eaten all over Mexico and Europe and never had a problem. Yesterday I was almost done in by the coleslaw from a local chicken restaurant. I would just go and have a good time and not worry too much.

No need to worry about the food or the drinks at any of the restaurants in Cozumel. All the water used for food prep, for ice, or even for water served to you in a glass.

Then you'll want to skip the large chain restaurant/bars. I'd be very comfortable picking any of the restaurants from my friend Christi's list. She's a Cozumel local.

I 2nd or 3rd or 4th Casa Denis and Panchos Backyard. I've been going to Cozumel for over 15 years and I've never had a problem anywhere, but these are the two places I frequent most!

T

We do the same thing. Every time we visit Coz we swear that we're going to try a new restaurant but end up at Casa Denis. Really great food!:D

We enjoyed Casa Denis but there are so many good places to eat that it is hard to find the "GREAT" places. Besides Christi's List there are more list at www.cozumelmycozumel.com and www.cozumelinsider.com. Both websites have great info on what is available on Cozumel. Not only food but info on beaches, resorts, tours and just about anything that you would like to know.

One of our favorite Cozumel restaurants is called Caletita Restaurant and Bar just south of town right on the beach by the Lighthouse. Beautiful view and excellent food at a great price. Ask to sit upstairs for the best view.

2435420790091393226S200x200Q85.jpg 2446185450091393226S200x200Q85.jpg 2927032610091393226S200x200Q85.jpg 2629706220091393226S200x200Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our cruise on the Legend and were in Cozumel last Friday. We ate at Pancho's Backyard and LOVED IT. Only complaint is that we thought it was slightly overpriced. VERY GOOD, but $40 USD for lunch is overpriced. All we had was 1 Beer, 1 Coke, Chicken Chimichangas lunch, 1 Burrito lunch, and chips (which we found out later are not complimentary!). Came to $40. A bit high, but very good.

There's always McDonald's!

Haha, I mean that as a joke.

My husband and I were in Cozumel in May via the Legend. He was hesitant to ever go to Mexico, although I have been there and know better. I figured especially after spending $60 at Margaritaville in GC the day before, McDonald's would be the 'safe' place for lunch!

Another vote for Pancho's.:D Especially for a group of ladies. The outside courtyard is really nice. They have a couple people playing the marimbas. You can go up and have your picture taken with them, which is really fun! It is in Los Cincos Soles. Lots of great shopping there. We always have to stop there to get my years supply of Mexican Vanilla.

• 1 month later...

Archived