Internet Rates

spindrift

LHT28,

Your sessions may be only 10-15 minutes but it took that long on Nautica to log on to Hotmail, let alone send the word document that I had already composed in our cabin.

We have cruised on many ships and Nautica's Internet connection was the slowest we have ever come across.

If I ever cruised on Oceania again, I would leave my laptop at home and only use the Oceania@sea email address. That way we would have saved over $200US. It just isn't worth the money and the stress of trying to log on to whatever provider you have, wireless on that ship is just far too slow.

Jennie

LHT28,

Your sessions may be only 10-15 minutes but it took that long on Nautica to log on to Hotmail, let alone send the word document that I had already composed in our cabin.

Jennie

I found the Regatta fairly quick ...a few times is was slow but could be the time of day.

We used it mainly in the evenings after dinner a few times during the day but it was slower then.

Maybe to do with the location/user capacity of the satellite

The internet rates on the ship are ridiculous. The service is very slow and takes a very long time to send/receive emails. Wireless does not work. We always stopped at a local internet cafe typically right at the docks for fast and inexpensive computer access. $4.00 for 60 minutes.

Just got off Insignia on Wednesday.

The internet was useless. It took me 12 minutes at 95c a minute to download one page before I gave up. The tech. guy told me there is talk of a new system being installed.

But if they're making a load of money out out of it where is the incentive to change?

On Carnival Victory last November there was ship-wide coverage at almost ADSL speeds.

I thought it only happened on the Nautica, obviously the other ships are just as slow. I don't think they will change their speeds in a hurry, they are making too much money out of all of us! I know I went through the quickest $140 l have ever spent. It was just so frustrating waiting for Hotmail to download before I could send my already typed word document to our family and friends.

Jennie

And I thought it was just where we were that made it that slow!! Glad to hear all the ships have the same problem. Wonder if it still happens in somewhere like the Caribbean where the ships are closer to the US. Guess I'll stick with internet cafes until I hit Princess again.

Cathi

P.S. Hi Jennie!! See you soon!

Archived