What are your favorite souvenirs?

shofer

1) gold filagree emerald jewelry from Cartagena;

2) leather attache (also from Cartagena);

3) Mayan wood carving and textiles.

4) St. Lucian rough stuff wood carving;

5) A decorative mineral box displaying volcanic rocks and minerals bought by my young son while hiking down Mt. Vesuveus;

6) Turkish rug

I go for and am happy with the hat and t-shirts as my souvenirs.

My wife and I started a charm bracelet for her... and we get a 24ct gold charm from one of the ports for each cruise. It is a great memento and we have fun remembering which charm is from which cruise.

I buy at least 1 piece of jewelry (i.e. Tahitian pearl pendant from when we were in French Polynesia; a gold plumeria pendant from Hawaii etc etc) from each cruise; oftimes magnets from the ports visited; and sometimes a small piece of 'art' or some local handicrafts. From the ships themselves..I try for a 'ship's' magnet plus a piece or two of Swarovski from their selections in the shops.

Most of all..we enjoy our photographs (both film & digital) and memories from all the places that we've been fortunate enough to travel to.

Happy sailing!

Going to add a couple more items>

Beer Mats

Restaurant Bills - if you liked it you might want to go back some day

Costa Rica - Panama - Jamaica Columbia - COFFEE

We bought a friend a carved walking stick on Labadee - negotiated a price down from $20 - 10 had at least 3 people offer 30 on the way back. some of the native carvings are neat.

CostaRica - Rosewood trays and cutting boards, Only bought one - still kicking ourselves

I sometimes get jewelry or other little trinkets specific to the ports, but my most favorite souvenir are the pictures. I recently got a couple of those automated picture frames. I put all my favorite vacation pictures on one and it randomly shows the different pics. I never get tired of looking at it! Needless to say I don't have one at work otherwise I'd be on permanent mental vacation and never get any work done. :)

Coffee Cups

I have a coffe cup/mug from each cruise I have ever been on and use them on Sunday mornings when I am having my coffee and reading the paper. Sort of a way to remind me of where I have been!! My favorite is from the SS Emerald Seas (no longer sailing) and the Norway (also not with sailing anymore).

I collect sundress from every island. I am wearing one right now. I also take home magnets and shot glasses. all are light weight and easy to pack.

I have done table top stuff. my rule is I have to be able to pack it and it will not break.

I collect sundress from every island. I am wearing one right now. I also take home magnets and shot glasses. all are light weight and easy to pack.

I have done table top stuff. my rule is I have to be able to pack it and it will not break.

If you visit St. Thomas and St. Maarten - not related but the same name. Mr. Tablecloth - Microfiber tablecloth and Napkin sets.

We have bought several for ourselves and many for friends - about half of what you would pay elsewhere

Also got the neatest Silk Pajamas for my grand kiddies both make and female in St.Thomas store

Archived