Booking Question

akeka

Took my first NCL cruise in February and we loved it. We bought a Freestyle Cruise Reward deposit and have found the itinerary we want (19-day South America repositioning in Nov. 2009).

I am looking for advice on whether to book now or later. This year's repositioning in November has gone down in price $500 or more (pre-final payment). How does NCL handle this situation for previously booked guests that ask for an adjustment?

Second, would it be best to book with NCL and then transfer to a TA when/if the price drops?

Thanks.

If the price drops before final payment, be sure to call for the discounted rate. It may or may not automatically apply if you don't call in, but will definitely apply if you do call.

Even better is to book the least category you would be willing to stay in. If the price drops after final payment, you should be able to upgrade by calling in for the same price as your original room. We once booked an inside cabin for a 13 night cruise and upgraded to a balcony for only a $100 pp (originally $1500+ pp more) just after final payment. They are willing to take a bit more after this final payment but aren't always so willing to refund. Ended up being an even better deal as they gave the $100 back in shipboard credit to those in a balcony cabin or higher. Yowsa...that is the way to do it IMHO.

Took my first NCL cruise in February and we loved it. We bought a Freestyle Cruise Reward deposit and have found the itinerary we want (19-day South America repositioning in Nov. 2009).

I am looking for advice on whether to book now or later. This year's repositioning in November has gone down in price $500 or more (pre-final payment). How does NCL handle this situation for previously booked guests that ask for an adjustment?

Second, would it be best to book with NCL and then transfer to a TA when/if the price drops?

Thanks.

I would recommend booking as early as possible, especially if there is a promotion going on like NCL has right now. You could get OBCs and upgrades, and if the price drops before final payment, you can usually get the lower rate.

But why would you consider transferring to a TA once you've done all of the work. If you get a PCC, they'll be able to take care of you from booking to sail, including getting the price drop. Heck, some even will follow-up on their own, if the rapport is built.

Copy and paste the following link for details:

www.stylishcruising.com/cruise/?p=7

I would watch this years cruise to get an IDEA on what MIGHT happen. Booking early vs later is always a crap shoot. If they start selling out, prices will go up. If they have lots of cabins,they might do a sale.

And of course, as we all know, some sales are often for NEW bookings only.

As to transfering to a TA later - no idea why one would want to do that.

Archived