Carnival Cruise Ship Horn Sound File

Wert Q Gumby

• 1 month later...

WOW! I dint know I started something 2 years ago. The wife andI and her mother are going on a cruise in October and I just logged in to check the roll call for the ship. I noticed this thread is still active.

For those of you looking for the mp3's I created for my wife here thay are as follows: http://mysite.verizon.net/res8xrt0/carnivalsong.mp3 (This is the carnival song) and http://mysite.verizon.net/res8xrt0/shiphorn.mp3 (This is the ship's horn).

I always thought Carnival should have ringtones and other phone downloads for cruisers.

For those that have an Iphone, there is an app called Always Be Cruising. It's a countdown clock that when selected, blows a ship horn (not sure if it's Carnivals or not). I drive my co-workers nuts with it!

http://www.alwaysbecruising.com/

Nice app., thanks

Only negative is that I can see is that it only allows one cruise to be input. Good sound effects.

• 6 months later...
I have it around here somewhere. It used to be at Funville on the carnival site. I don't know if it is still there. But I downloaded it while it was, and now it is my email message indicator on my blackberry. LOL...the first few times it did that, it scared the carp outta me. It was just such a shock to hear...anyway, if I find it and I'm successful, it will be attached to this message...

oK, cc message says I can't upload a sound file. :(

Hi Misty: Hope you're doing well. If you still have that ship horn sound file, would you mind sending it? Would be greatly appreciated. You can e-maile me at;

magic369@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Clarice & Paul

• 1 month later...
What about the 'intercom' tone they play before announcements? Love that sound, for some reason. :-)

Cant seen to find either of these if someone could email them to me that would be great.. I have the "bang on the drums" and was on the pride last week and while in security line my phone rang and Kirk the Cruise Director laughed and loved it

whittel@sbcglobal dot net

thanks again :D

• 7 months later...

OK - with the new iOS 5 upgrades yesterday you can set up custom sounds for text alerts now.

I have the horn as a ring tone - anyone able to find the pre announcement chime yet? I've look a number of places with no luck...

• 1 year later...

I just have to say I have used the following method several times with great results. You can never have too many iPhone ship ringtones. :D

Once you have the MP3 file follow the following:

1. Start iTunes and find the song you want to convert. (It must be an MP3.)
  2. Right-click the song and choose Get Info.
  3. Click the Options tab.
  4. Check the Start Time and Stop Time boxes, then enter times for each (no more than 30 seconds apart, the maximum length for a ringtone). I used 0:00 and 0:30, respectively, as "Spit It Out" has a perfect ascending lead-in.
  5. Click OK, then right-click the song again and choose Create AAC Version. You should immediately see a new 30-second version of the song.
  6. Drag that version out of iTunes and into the folder of your choice.
  7. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
  8. Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file you dragged out of iTunes, then change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. Double-click it and it immediately gets added to iTunes' ringtone library.
  9. Finally, sync your iPhone. When it's done, you can head into the settings and select your new ringtone.

Hope this helps.

Archived