Help! Need advice in booking hotel in San Pedro...

Eleni2007

Hi everyone,

Well, I took your advice and used Priceline to bid on a hotel in San Pedro. I used the $65.00 rate that you all are suggesting, and I was denied. I am told the price is too low.

We are coming into LA on the evening of October 3 (late evening - don't arrive until 11:30 pm), and thought we would take the supershuttle to get to San Pedro so that we could have an easier morning.

What should I do? Should I try 'hotwire" ? What does it mean ? If the hotel was sold out, would it not say that?

Pls send me your suggestions as I am now getting anxious!

:confused:

Thanks,

Eleni

You could follow Priceline's instructions and rebid with a slightly higher price or wait a few days and try again. Also check with Hotwire for San Pedro and see what prices they are offering. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I put in a $70.00 bid for San Pedro and was picked up by the Holiday Inn. I am hoping it will be an o.k hotel, but for one night it can't be that bad, and Holiday Inns usually have a pretty good even standard.

• 1 month later...

CAC104: I'm curious as to how your stay was at the Holiday Inn last month. I've been trying for over a week to bid for a room on PL - and am up to $100 bid with no bites. So - I'm all for booking the H.I. but am anxious to hear if all was good for you. Did you drive to the port? Is parking available?

Please update us on your visit!

I put in a bid at Priceline for $65 and was not able get it either. I went up to $80 and got the bid at Crowne Plaza for next May. It's still way lower then the regular price of $150, so I am happy with that. $80 nowadays hardly gets you a 1 or 2 star motel. Good luck.

I paid $84 (plus tax) on hotwire about an hour ago and i got the Doubletree in san pedro.

So with hotwire do you know which hotel you're bidding for? I think my problem is I'm attempting for a Friday night the weekend before Thanksgiving... Still you'd think I'd have something ~

I put in a bid at Priceline for $65 and was not able get it either. I went up to $80 and got the bid at Crowne Plaza for next May. It's still way lower then the regular price of $150, so I am happy with that. $80 nowadays hardly gets you a 1 or 2 star motel. Good luck.

You're so right - I'd be happy with $80, but I've gone up to $100 for San Pedro 3 star and nothing. I'm not really wanting to move more into Long Beach because of the convenience of staying so close to the pier and we're looking for parking as well ~

So with hotwire do you know which hotel you're bidding for? I think my problem is I'm attempting for a Friday night the weekend before Thanksgiving... Still you'd think I'd have something ~

You're so right - I'd be happy with $80, but I've gone up to $100 for San Pedro 3 star and nothing. I'm not really wanting to move more into Long Beach because of the convenience of staying so close to the pier and we're looking for parking as well ~

OOOOH....Holiday weeks = FULL PRICE almost EVERYWHERE!!

It could be that all the discounted rooms are sold out for that week and they are not accepting any more bids!

Long Beach is just down the road a bit from San Pedro.

You're gonna need transportation to the pier no matter where you stay, so staying in Long Beach is really not a big issue.

Of course...neither is paying a little more and getting what you really want! HAHA! Try $125 and see what happens!

GOOD LUCK!

:)

Hotwire is an opaque travel site similar to priceline but without the bids, it just says "3 Star San Pedro" and then gives you a price. It will tell you the name of the hotel only after you purchase the room. For the weekend before Thanksgiving Hotwire is only showing a 2.5 Star in San pedro for $94. I would guess thats the holiday inn but dont hold me to that. No 3 stars available during that time unless you are okay with going further away.

CAC104: I'm curious as to how your stay was at the Holiday Inn last month. I've been trying for over a week to bid for a room on PL - and am up to $100 bid with no bites. So - I'm all for booking the H.I. but am anxious to hear if all was good for you. Did you drive to the port? Is parking available?

Please update us on your visit!

The San Pedro Holiday Inn was fine for one night. It is an older hotel that was redone. It actually looks very nice if you like the Victorian Look. The room was large, the beds were comfortable. There is a little outdoor pool and a small work out room. They have a large dining room, but we only ate a muffin for breakfast. The bathroom was clean, and the shower was great with a nice water pressure. We asked for more towels when we first got to the room, and they delivered a whole stack of them to us.

My other friends were staying in Double Tree and we met them for drinks there. Of course, that is a really super hotel and the Holiday Inn cannot hold a candle to it. But, my friends paid about $230.00 for one night with the breakfast and free parking included for the 4 night cruise we were going on. Through Priceline we paid $70.00 for the room, and then my friend paid $44.00 for the indoor garage (the DT is outside open parking), and we paid $5.00 each for the shuttle. Parking is free if you are staying at the HI, but when you leave the car behind you have to pay, or take the cruise and park package.

So, for us we would again try to get something for a low fee and be happy whatever comes up.

My friend left her car in the covered garage there for $11.00 per night and they run a shuttle to the pier for $5.00 per person. The ship pier costs $12.00 per night and it is right next to the pier where the Monarch comes to. It looked to be pretty secure and I watched the people just walking to the parking lot to get their cars when they got off the ship. I was waiting for my daughter to pick me up after the cruise, so my friend took a cab back to the Holiday Inn to pick up her car.

Now this is what I want! I hadn't thought of Hotwire. So many people had been getting Crowne Plaza on Priceline that I didn't want to take a chance and get it. (Their parking isn't guaranteed unless you book a Park and Sail package) And, they charge for it. So I just went ahead and booked Doubletree for $143. Parking is free. I like the sound of $84 better! Five years ago I got it for $40.

Well...I'm not sure I want to bid and end up not getting the DT.

I paid $84 (plus tax) on hotwire about an hour ago and i got the Doubletree in san pedro.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please tell us the amenities that were listed for the Doubetree on Hotwire? Right now I'm seeing a 3 star in San Pedro for $85 plus tax. These are the amentities that are listed for that hotel

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

vagabond in san pedro . is only 68.34 with tax for two people also have parking for a cruise if you dont drive and fly then you get a free shuttle to the peir for the cruise its only 1.05 miles from the peir , go straight to thier site and book easier then going through price line we have ours booked for march of next year

vagabond in san pedro . is only 68.34 with tax for two people also have parking for a cruise if you dont drive and fly then you get a free shuttle to the peir for the cruise its only 1.05 miles from the peir , go straight to thier site and book easier then going through price line we have ours booked for march of next year

Vagabond Inn Park and Ride is 119.00 on 12/20/08 ($135.66 after tax)

Archived