Hale Koa

cruise4fam

Just wondering if any one who has been there can help me with some questions. We are staying 2 nights before a PoA cruise and 5 after at the Hale Koa.

1. Is there a ITT located at the hotel?

2. Any good places to eat at outside of the hotel?

3. Looking for a good place for breakfast that's close by?

4. Any good tips about the hotel?

Thanks in advance for the help.:)

We stayed there for eight nights three years ago with my family of four and had a wonderful time. There iare several restaurants at the hotel that have a good breakfast and another stand that had danishes/bagel/rolls/coffee/etc. if you didn't want to sit down for breakfast. There are all kinds of restaurants for dinner close by if you don't mind a short walk. Parking was $5 across the street in the parking garage. As far as there being an ITT I don't recall seeing one. There is a small PX/7-day store that has a lot of basics. If I were going back to Honolulu I wouldn't bother looking any place else because the hotel is very nice, the grounds are well-maintained, people very friendly, the price can't be beat, and a great location.

We stayed there for eight nights three years ago with my family of four and had a wonderful time. There iare several restaurants at the hotel that have a good breakfast and another stand that had danishes/bagel/rolls/coffee/etc. if you didn't want to sit down for breakfast. There are all kinds of restaurants for dinner close by if you don't mind a short walk. Parking was $5 across the street in the parking garage. As far as there being an ITT I don't recall seeing one. There is a small PX/7-day store that has a lot of basics. If I were going back to Honolulu I wouldn't bother looking any place else because the hotel is very nice, the grounds are well-maintained, people very friendly, the price can't be beat, and a great location.

Thanks for the info I have heard it's a really nice place to stay at a great price. Just my hubbie and I are going on this trip. He just got back from a 6 month deployment and we are really looking forward to this trip. I was hoping to find some good deal places for breakfast. Do you remember are there any fast food places close by? Figure we are going to spend a lot on din and lunch and if I can save a little for breakfast that would help some.

Thanks again:)

Thanks for the info I have heard it's a really nice place to stay at a great price. Just my hubbie and I are going on this trip. He just got back from a 6 month deployment and we are really looking forward to this trip. I was hoping to find some good deal places for breakfast. Do you remember are there any fast food places close by? Figure we are going to spend a lot on din and lunch and if I can save a little for breakfast that would help some.

Thanks again:)

cruise4fam: There's Wailana Coffee House down the street from Hale Koa on the corner of Ala Moana Blvd/Kalia Rd. (2 blks from hotel) and Eggs n Things near Ala Moana Blvd/Kalakuau Ave (4 blocks from your hotel) . Prices are very reasonable and popular with the locals. McDonald's is 10-12 walking minutes from your hotel and 3 blocks from Wailana coffee shop.

I second the recommendation on the Wailana Coffee House. Full breakfast for just under $6. You will find that the beach behind the Hale Koa is about the widest on Waikiki, and as such, is not anywhere near as crowded as it is in the center of the beach down near all the Sheratons. We felt the best lunch was the buffet at Duke's. There is also a Subway on the beach as you head from the Hale Koa toward Diamond Head (right where the beach narrows). I got a 6-inch sandwich combo for about $8.50.

cruise4fam: There's Wailana Coffee House down the street from Hale Koa on the corner of Ala Moana Blvd/Kalia Rd. (2 blks from hotel) and Eggs n Things near Ala Moana Blvd/Kalakuau Ave (4 blocks from your hotel) . Prices are very reasonable and popular with the locals. McDonald's is 10-12 walking minutes from your hotel and 3 blocks from Wailana coffee shop.

Thanks for the great tips on food. I just get sick of having breakfast at the same place day after day. Love to try new foods in different places we are at. :)

I second the recommendation on the Wailana Coffee House. Full breakfast for just under $6. You will find that the beach behind the Hale Koa is about the widest on Waikiki, and as such, is not anywhere near as crowded as it is in the center of the beach down near all the Sheratons. We felt the best lunch was the buffet at Duke's. There is also a Subway on the beach as you head from the Hale Koa toward Diamond Head (right where the beach narrows). I got a 6-inch sandwich combo for about $8.50.

Wow $6 for a full breakfast is a deal in a vacation spot. How far away is Outrigger for Dukes? Seems everyone is in agreement for Dukes buffet.

Thanks for the info. :)

Hale Koa is hands down our favorite place to stay. I second the Wailana coffee shop and Eggs and Things for inexpensive places. Duke's is great also as is the restaurant in the Hale Koa. We often walk the beach in the morning and come back to the coffee/snack shop in the garden level of the Hale Koa purchase a bagel and coffee and sit on the beach. The PX is in the basement-good selection of snack items and breakfast items. We will be home in Honolulu on the 12th of August for a 2 week stay with family. Please feel free to ask any questions here or e-mail me on my personal e-mail. I will check here before we leave but will not have access at home-my Dad only has dial-up and it takes forever on the undersea cable. Aloha and you will love our island home-we miss it daily.

Hale Koa is hands down our favorite place to stay. I second the Wailana coffee shop and Eggs and Things for inexpensive places. Duke's is great also as is the restaurant in the Hale Koa. We often walk the beach in the morning and come back to the coffee/snack shop in the garden level of the Hale Koa purchase a bagel and coffee and sit on the beach. The PX is in the basement-good selection of snack items and breakfast items. We will be home in Honolulu on the 12th of August for a 2 week stay with family. Please feel free to ask any questions here or e-mail me on my personal e-mail. I will check here before we leave but will not have access at home-my Dad only has dial-up and it takes forever on the undersea cable. Aloha and you will love our island home-we miss it daily.

I can't wait to leave I have never been to Hawaii. We leave Sept 4. I have heard such great things about the Hale Koa and hoping it's as good as it sounds. If you can let me know how things are going with the construction I would appreciate it. Any other tips you find or think of would be great. Thanks again for the info.:)

• 1 month later...

Sorry we have not been back to answer any questions. While home in Honolulu we had some unexpected major family medical issues and a death. We have just returned and my apologies for not answering sooner. We hope you and your family had a wonderful time. I will be back on the board with some restaurant advice from new places we found-stay tuned!

The restaurants at this hotel are really excellent.

More than any hotel I can think of, you'd do well to eat a large portion of your meals right there! They are much better value than most hotel restaurants, in fact they are better value than most restaurants in waikiki period. And no sales tax.

Breakfast buffet is fantastic also.

Since you have such a long stay you probably can do the onsite Luau as well, you should look into booking that in advance or at least the moment you check in.

1. Is there a ITT located at the hotel?

Since I didn't see anybody answer this... Yes (at least the last time I was down there).

As you go up the stairs from the parking lot, it is to your left close to the flower shop.

The little grill out by the Hale Koa pool has some nice food as well. DH

and I did not realize what the Hawaiian word keiki meant, and so we

ordered two of these meals from the grill because besides a burger or

chicken sandwich the meal included fries and a drink with a low

price. When we picked up our orders and they came in cardboard cars, we

had our clue!!:o Amazing amount of tasty food, though!!! The Hawaiian

word keiki (pronounced kay-key) means child or children for both boys

and girls.

Not really an ITT office, but an office of Pleasant Holidays, and they have tickets for sale for various tours, etc.

Go to the Welcome Breakfast (really just a continental breakfast) the first morning, and they will explain various tours, and make suggestions for what you can book while staying there.

When we go (which is every January for at least two weeks), we rarely eat outside the hotel, because the food is good, and the prices are great, compared to the outside. (Less than 4 months to our next stay at the Hale Koa)

Archived