Solstice - did you find your cabin?

Duanerice1

My hunch is that =X= limited the Concierge class cabins to the Sky Deck or above because the higher decks are customarily reserved for the better cabin grades (bigger balconies notwithstanding). Also, the stewards and services can be better geared towards the grade of cabin - which allows for more consistent service - when they're grouped together.

You make an interesting point. However, the better cabins on The M Class Ships (Penthouse suites, most Sky Suites) are on the Penthouse deck which is just the 5th Deck with 3 other decks of cabins above. This level would be the same as the Vista Deck on the Solstice.

Too funny. I picked the same room (8259) for the 11-09-09 11 night Greek Isles cruise for pretty much the same reasons. As you know, it's on the hump, angled inwards, and it did look a touch larger in the renderings. I think this is the cruise before yours! I'll try to keep the room clean!

Thanks for doing that...hopefully the people before us will share some info,,,

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread already.

We'll be on Equinox but I guess it's still almost the same. On Solstice, our stateroom would be on the Port side balcony room directly above the "I" in Solstice on the first deck of balconies (Continental Deck). I imagine that on Equinox, it will be the cabin directly above the "O" in Equinox.

I was able to use the wonderful photos to determine that my original cabin choice was not a good one. When looking at the diagrams of the ship the cabin that I chose was 7352 because the diagram showed it to be at an angle rather than straight and a little bigger due to connecting to the C2 Cabin next door. The photos show that is not correct. The C2 is the one that is angled out which would have blocked our view aft.

Did anyone else notice the balcony cabins from midship aft appear to be looking down on either the lifeboats or the "blue area" below rather than looking down directly at the water? I changed to one closer to the bow - directly over the "C" in Celebrity on the starboard side. The cabins in this area will be able to look directly down to the water which I love to do. ;)

I just booked Sky Suite 2150 on the Resort deck for the March 14/10 Solstice sailing and, from the look of the great photos of the float out, it seems like I am right below the Lido deck with a bit of an overhang. This really shouldn't bother me...I love wake cabins! :)

I was able to use the wonderful photos to determine that my original cabin choice was not a good one. When looking at the diagrams of the ship the cabin that I chose was 7352 because the diagram showed it to be at an angle rather than straight and a little bigger due to connecting to the C2 Cabin next door. The photos show that is not correct. The C2 is the one that is angled out which would have blocked our view aft.

That's interesting. We just booked for next July; Category 2A Cabin 8234. It adjoins an angled cabin as well but the angle goes the other direction, towards the interior. Do you think our view will be less obsturcted looking forward since that cabin angles towards the interior?

That's interesting. We just booked for next July; Category 2A Cabin 8234. It adjoins an angled cabin as well but the angle goes the other direction, towards the interior. Do you think our view will be less obsturcted looking forward since that cabin angles towards the interior?

I would think you would have a good view forward from your cabin. I attached the photo that helped me most. You can see your cabin clearly in this one. I was able to zoom in very close to see my cabin.

1931491337_solsticefromabove.jpg.d9a71b791cf4310203b987bfe17e1a71.jpg

Would someone who has experience in this area please comment on how much of a windcatcher effect we are likely to experience on the balcony of cabin 1605 (angled cabin closest to, and forward of, the first hump cabin). Given the placement of the divider between our cabin and the next cabin forward, and the angle of the balcony, I'm hoping that the wind won't curl too much.

I booked 1605 because it has one of the largest balconies of the AQ cabins. I'm hoping it doesn't get too windy.

What I'm more concerned about, now that I can see the pictures, is how dark the balcony (and therefore the room) might be, as the balcony is quite deep. However, it's a Med cruise in late May, and a bit of shade might not be totally unwelcome :D .

Would someone who has experience in this area please comment on how much of a windcatcher effect we are likely to experience on the balcony of cabin 1605 (angled cabin closest to, and forward of, the first hump cabin). Given the placement of the divider between our cabin and the next cabin forward, and the angle of the balcony, I'm hoping that the wind won't curl too much.

I booked 1605 because it has one of the largest balconies of the AQ cabins. I'm hoping it doesn't get too windy.

What I'm more concerned about, now that I can see the pictures, is how dark the balcony (and therefore the room) might be, as the balcony is quite deep. However, it's a Med cruise in late May, and a bit of shade might not be totally unwelcome :D .

I had originally booked 1605 but changed to 1552 for this reason. I know there will be wind while we are under way however I felt that the bulkhead might reduce some of the wind effect. I think the balconies will be a little darker when the sun is not shining on that side of the ship but as you said it might not be a bad thing. It will be interesting to hear comments after the 1st cruise.

I had originally booked 1605 but changed to 1552 for this reason. I know there will be wind while we are under way however I felt that the bulkhead might reduce some of the wind effect. I think the balconies will be a little darker when the sun is not shining on that side of the ship but as you said it might not be a bad thing. It will be interesting to hear comments after the 1st cruise.

It will certainly be interesting to read the reviews from the first few cruises! I hope everyone takes lots of pictures and posts as soon as they get home!

We have 1605 booked for an Equinox cruise in 2010. I originally wanted to book this cabin but others said it better to have a cabin that is not under the pool, I agree and change it to one forward and below the acupuncture rooms. But after analyzing the photos of solstice, I switch back to 1605. The balcony appears to be XL; the overhang really doesn’t come into play since you are at the edge of the overhang next to a RS. I also like the idea that part of the balcony is divided by steel, (1607) and continues with a partition that end at the rail of the balcony.

Nevertheless after we hear some comments after the first Solstice cruise we can re-evaluate the cabin and switch if necessary, but I this time I will hold 1605 since the ship only has two identical cabins.

Bob

today I visited Celebrity Solstice and made some new close up photos. You can find them at http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de .

And if you cannot wait seeing Celebrity Solstice cruising on the ocean, have a look at cruise critic photo gallery :-) .

Best regards from Germany

Andreas

We all look forward to your photos and appreciate it greatly but do you take requests... looking to see what the aft cabins are looking like now. If it is not too much trouble the next time you are there, I know we all would really enjoy them.

Again thank you.

Regards from California,

Esther

The latest photos show that the final part of the divider on those cabins looks like all the others so I imagine they will be capable of being opened as well.

I was trying to discern from the latest photos but I guess my eyes aren't good enough. I was unsure if the last part looked retractable or not. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :)

I'm booked in a cabin (#8234) just forward of the X but just aft of the angled cabin that looks like it will have a clear view to the water line. I just was trying to figure out if the angled cabin or that white wall will create any obstruction.

Any idea what the white structure is on Deck 5 between the life boats? Some type of storage?

We all look forward to your photos and appreciate it greatly but do you take requests... looking to see what the aft cabins are looking like now. If it is not too much trouble the next time you are there, I know we all would really enjoy them.

Again thank you.

Regards from California,

Esther

It may take some days (maybe next weekend) but the next time I will take some shots from the aft cabins.

Andreas

I was trying to discern from the latest photos but I guess my eyes aren't good enough. I was unsure if the last part looked retractable or not. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :)

I'm booked in a cabin (#8234) just forward of the X but just aft of the angled cabin that looks like it will have a clear view to the water line. I just was trying to figure out if the angled cabin or that white wall will create any obstruction.

Any idea what the white structure is on Deck 5 between the life boats? Some type of storage?

... for your eyes only ;-)

I just put a new picture into my xxl-gallery. You can find it there or use the direct link to the photo here:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/albums/userpics/10001/0IMGP4462.jpg

Is it the part of the ship where your cabin is located?

Andreas

Archived