Solstice - did you find your cabin?

Duanerice1

Andreas, could you be so kind as to post a large version of wwwIMGP4470.jpg? I'm trying to get a good look at whether the balcony rail for the cabins on the 6th deck, about 10 cabins from the front, is set off a few feet away from the edge of the ship. It looks like there is room for a "sweet sixteen" set of cabins, but for some reason, celebrity set the railing back away from the edge of the ship, leaving flat space on the other side of the balcony railing. Why they did this, I don't know - but it appears they did. Thank you so much, your pictures have been fantastic - I check everyday for your updates. Thanks again.

sorry, that was a misunderstanding- maybe this fits better:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/albums/userpics/10001/0IMGP4459.jpg

Andreas

Yep that's the cabin, thanks Andreas. It is the one with the person stepping into it from the cabin on the left. I guess he is a worker from the shipyard. It is interesting because from that photo it is hard to tell that the next cabin is angled or begins to recess towards the interior of the ship. Also the moulding on the top of the overhang on the cabin (and the cabin below it on Deck 7) is either not yet installed or retracted, I wonder why?

Thanks again for your efforts. As a photographer, I compliment you on your abilities.

Ron

today I visited Celebrity Solstice and made some new close up photos. You can find them at http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de .

And if you cannot wait seeing Celebrity Solstice cruising on the ocean, have a look at cruise critic photo gallery :-) .

Best regards from Germany

Andreas

Andreas, We always enjoy seeing your cruise ship pictures and appreciate the new close up shots of Solstice. We anxiously await your next visit to the shipyard and seeing your updated photos. Thanks again for sharing them with us.

Bonnie

Andreas, could you be so kind as to post a large version of wwwIMGP4470.jpg? I'm trying to get a good look at whether the balcony rail for the cabins on the 6th deck, about 10 cabins from the front, is set off a few feet away from the edge of the ship. It looks like there is room for a "sweet sixteen" set of cabins, but for some reason, celebrity set the railing back away from the edge of the ship, leaving flat space on the other side of the balcony railing. Why they did this, I don't know - but it appears they did. Thank you so much, your pictures have been fantastic - I check everyday for your updates. Thanks again.

I just made a crop in the highest possible resolution and put it in my xxl-gallery. Here is the shortcut to the photo:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/albums/userpics/10001/wwwIMGP4470b.jpg

Is it what you wanted?

Andreas

Yep that's the cabin, thanks Andreas. It is the one with the person stepping into it from the cabin on the left. I guess he is a worker from the shipyard. It is interesting because from that photo it is hard to tell that the next cabin is angled or begins to recess towards the interior of the ship. Also the moulding on the top of the overhang on the cabin (and the cabin below it on Deck 7) is either not yet installed or retracted, I wonder why?

Thanks again for your efforts. As a photographer, I compliment you on your abilities.

Ron

Ron,

would it be helpful to produce a crop from another photo (which is not published yet)? I have a picture made from a different angle.

Andreas

It may take some days (maybe next weekend) but the next time I will take some shots from the aft cabins.

Andreas

Andreas:

My kids would really appreciate it if you could get a great picture of the Family veranda cabin on deck 8, starboard side. We have it booked for February and they can't wait to see it;) .

Andreas, thank you so much - that is perfect! It clearly shows what I feared, that the railing is set back. For those interested, as someone pointed out earlier, it appeared that the solstice class was going to have its own "sweet sixteen" starting at about the 9th cabin from the front on the sixth deck. Although there is clearly room for extended balconies, the railing is set back several feet from the edge of the ship. Again, many thanks, your pictures are truly amazing. I'm going to have to find a new cabin now...

What kind of photo equipment are you using? Will I have to mortgage my house to get close ups like yours?

Esther

... I am afraid: yes and maybe you have to sell your car as well (depends on the value of your house) :-)))

... no, no, no - just a joke!

Since some weeks I own a 15megapixel Camera with high quality lenses ( it's a Pentax Camera- and I love it!). It was a high investment and it is a really heavy equipment but that's the price for reasonable quality photos.

... and when I become a famous cruise ship photographer I take photos on a cruise while my wife is enjoying the pool area :-)

Andreas

... I am afraid: yes and maybe you have to sell your car as well (depends on the value of your house) :-)))

... no, no, no - just a joke!

Since some weeks I own a 15megapixel Camera with high quality lenses ( it's a Pentax Camera- and I love it!). It was a high investment and it is a really heavy equipment but that's the price for reasonable quality photos.

... and when I become a famous cruise ship photographer I take photos on a cruise while my wife is enjoying the pool area :-)

Andreas

That is what I thought even with the value of California homes.

Well they are great photos, so thank you!

I will put in a good word while on the Solstice this November... when should I tell them you can begin:p !

esther

That is it! Tausend Dank Andreas.

I know what you mean by selling the car for photo equipment.

What are you shooting with? Pentax 20D? What kind of glass?

I took all my bodies and long glass to Alaska and it was well worth it but my back is still hurting.

Thanks again.

Ron

That is it! Tausend Dank Andreas.

I know what you mean by selling the car for photo equipment.

What are you shooting with? Pentax 20D? What kind of glass?

I took all my bodies and long glass to Alaska and it was well worth it but my back is still hurting.

Thanks again.

Ron

Yes ! it is Pentax 20D and my favourite glass is Pentax 50-135mm, 1:2.8 (absolutely high quality!). I can really imagine that your back is still hurting, but I would have done it in the same way. It would be horrable to have a nice scenery and the camera is at home or the glass does not fit to the situation.

Andreas

That is what I thought even with the value of California homes.

Well they are great photos, so thank you!

I will put in a good word while on the Solstice this November... when should I tell them you can begin:p !

esther

Esther,

you are really lucky to be in this November on the Solstice. Still I try to get permission for interior photos in october, when the ship will be in Eemshaven in the Netherlands, but is very difficult.

Next year around Eastern would be good or during my summer vacation :-).

Andreas

Hey Andreas:

I love your Solstice photos I check each week for the new/updated version. What a fun job you have! I'm so jealous. We are sailing on the Solstice in November. Any chance you can post a higher quality of the Solstice on the blue water? I'm using that as my background on my computer and the current version is a bit fuzzy.

Thanks!

Donna

Hey Andreas:

I love your Solstice photos I check each week for the new/updated version. What a fun job you have! I'm so jealous. We are sailing on the Solstice in November. Any chance you can post a higher quality of the Solstice on the blue water? I'm using that as my background on my computer and the current version is a bit fuzzy.

Thanks!

Donna

Sorry, sorry, sorry!! I was just informed that the server where the cruiseship-gallery is hosted was hacked! I hope the problem can be solved soon. Up to now only the xxl-gallery can be visited.

In the xxl-gallery, you can find a high resolution picture of the Solstice on the blue water. Look here:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=20

Andreas

Sorry, sorry, sorry!! I was just informed that the server where the cruiseship-gallery is hosted was hacked! I hope the problem can be solved soon. Up to now only the xxl-gallery can be visited.

In the xxl-gallery, you can find a high resolution picture of the Solstice on the blue water. Look here:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=20

Andreas

Thanks Andreas! I really appreciate it. Here's to hoping you get us some interior photos soon.

Cheers!

Donna

Archived