Solstice - did you find your cabin?

Duanerice1

I just moved my cabins from 9301/9303/9305/9307 to 1243/1245/1247/1249..... after I saw the picture below my decision was made...I hope its the right one.

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/celebrity%20sostice/ausdocken/s675_hires.jpg

Looking at the photo above,,going from aft to the 2 hump cabins just before the 10 flat ones...which should be # 8259 and 8257 ,,doesn't it look like both cabins share 1 large balcony..I don't see any diider between those cabins..does anyone? Thanks

OK, now after looking at the larger photo, I am not too sure I have the correct stateroom. Could someone that's good at Photoshopping, please number the cabin 7177 for me. :o

Sallie - How many are staying in your stateroom?

There will be only two of us in my stateroom but my brother and sister in law have booked the HC cabin right next to us. His cabin and balcony appear to be 1 & 1/2 times larger than the regular cabins. I was hoping that we would be able to open our divider us and have a huge balcony but it appears that we will also have a solid divider between us. Time will tell. ;)

Definitely before me Ernie. Not sailing until Sep '09. :D Will surely appreciate all the 411. :) I'm thinking the bed is away from the window (which suits me fine). Do you concur?

Great sleuthing re: the overhang or lack thereof on Penthouse AQ's. Given the type of trip we're on = very port intensive with not a lot of time in the cabin, I guess the overhang issue wouldn't bother me as it might on a Caribbean cruise for instance. The Med itinerary was actually why I was considering AQ. Thought I (and my feet) might truly benefit from the spa stuff though I'm not normally a big spa person. We'll probably be hitting all the alt dining venues. Mixed in with a night or two eating in ports, I don't think a few dinners at Blu wouldn't bother me/us. Another type of cruise and it would likely be a different story.

I hope every one realized / realizes my bathroom pics request for Andreas was a joke. ;) ;)

I thought it was a joke but seriously-the counter space/shelves in a cabin bathroom is always something that we would like to know about. Plus we just want lots and lots of photos.

Carole

There seems agreement among the posters here that the front-hump cabins (1547 & 1552) have bigger balconies. Do you think the next-door cabins - 1549 & 1554 - have comparable verandas? :confused:

rolfecms...Would you mind giving me your opinion of 1610? ;)

I recently changed my cabin due to what seems to be a deeper angled balcony.

Here's Andreas' pic:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=15

From looking at the pictures, it looks like these 6 angled balconies are approximately two and one half times the size of the standard balcony: 1547, 1552, 1601,1605,1606,1610. And these 6 angled balconies look to be approximately one and one half times the size of the standard balcony size: 1549, 1554, 1599, 1603, 1604, 1608. Like folks have said in other posts, on the angle, the largest balconies look to be the 1st and the 3rd cabins---2nd and 4th are large, too, but not the largest.

rolfecms...Would you mind giving me your opinion of 1610? ;) I recently changed my cabin due to what seems to be a deeper angled balcony.Here's Andreas' pic:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=15

I would say yes it is bigger - take a look at this picture - while it is not a close-up it is somewhat of an overhead picture, so if you click on your cabin area of the picture, it will zoom in enough to see the extra balcony space available to those staterooms on the hump: http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/celebrity%20sostice/ausdocken/s675_hires.jpg - but remember that 1610 faces front so you'll probably feel the headwinds when the ship is sailing.

- but remember that 1610 faces front so you'll probably feel the headwinds when the ship is sailing.

Thanks! :D

Yes, the wind is another concern, but we've felt strong winds whenever we've booked midship anyway. Do you think the overhang will help with the wind or create more of a tunnel effect?

We haven't cruised Celebrity. Equinox will be our first.

From looking at the pictures, it looks like these 6 angled balconies are approximately two and one half times the size of the standard balcony: 1547, 1552, 1601,1605,1606,1610. And these 6 angled balconies look to be approximately one and one half times the size of the standard balcony size: 1549, 1554, 1599, 1603, 1604, 1608. Like folks have said in other posts, on the angle, the largest balconies look to be the 1st and the 3rd cabins---2nd and 4th are large, too, but not the largest.

I now realize that there is a discrepancy between the brochure deck plans and the photographs - that is the cabins themselves are not angled as the deck plans suggest. The outward facing stateroom walls are in fact straight which means only the balcony is angled. So the balconies on the hump are triangular shaped and thus have additional room that the triangle provides.

Thanks! :D

Yes, the wind is another concern, but we've felt strong winds whenever we've booked midship anyway. Do you think the overhang will help with the wind or create more of a tunnel effect? We haven't cruised Celebrity. Equinox will be our first.

Not sure whether the overhang will help or hinder the headwinds. We'll be on the Solstice this November and our CC group has a cabin crawl planned - hopefully we'll be able to check a hump cabin out and report back on it! :)

I now realize that there is a discrepancy between the brochure deck plans and the photographs - that is the cabins themselves are not angled as the deck plans suggest. The outward facing stateroom walls are in fact straight which means only the balcony is angled. So the balconies on the hump are triangular shaped and thus have additional room that the triangle provides.

You are all so good with the photos and diagrams etc,,what is your opinion on 8259 and 8287,, booked them for a B2B,,wind and size?

not changing just curious..thanks

You are all so good with the photos and diagrams etc,,what is your opinion on 8259 and 8287,, booked them for a B2B,,wind and size? not changing just curious..thanks

Based on Eurobikefan's post, both 8259 and 8287 will be the larger of the hump cabins: 8259 is the same position as 1605 and 8287 is the flip side of 8259. Headwinds in 8259.

Please, please, please. I want to believe. These rooms seem to be in a great location and with larger balconies and same sized rooms, why wouldn't they be Concierge Class cabins?

Please, please, please. I want to believe. These rooms seem to be in a great location and with larger balconies and same sized rooms, why wouldn't they be Concierge Class cabins?

Oops, those are AC cabins. But what about the cabins in the same locations but on lower floors?

Based on Eurobikefan's post, both 8259 and 8287 will be the larger of the hump cabins: 8259 is the same position as 1605 and 8287 is the flip side of 8259. Headwinds in 8259.

I am ahappy camper thanks..can't wait to see the first photos from the real cruises..Do you think they will be on this forum? or another ?

The cabins Eurobikefan is referring to are Aqua class cabins on the penthouse deck. The non-suite cabins on the Sky deck are Concierge class and so are the aft-most hump cabins on the Panorama deck.

The cabins Eurobikefan is referring to are Aqua class cabins on the penthouse deck. The non-suite cabins on the Sky deck are Concierge class and so are the aft-most hump cabins on the Panorama deck.

Yuh, but they"re all 1A's on the decks below the Sky Deck.

Yuh, but they"re all 1A's on the decks below the Sky Deck.

My hunch is that =X= limited the Concierge class cabins to the Sky Deck or above because the higher decks are customarily reserved for the better cabin grades (bigger balconies notwithstanding). Also, the stewards and services can be better geared towards the grade of cabin - which allows for more consistent service - when they're grouped together.

We have booked a back 2 back Nov 20, 2009 & Nov 30,2009 Transatlantic.. Obviously this is a new ship and lots to learn but we are pretty new to the cabin selection process,,,used to just say a category and whatever we got we got...but now we are trying to pick..

We picked 8259 ( 2A) for the first one because it looked a little bigger..right or wrong????

Too funny. I picked the same room (8259) for the 11-09-09 11 night Greek Isles cruise for pretty much the same reasons. As you know, it's on the hump, angled inwards, and it did look a touch larger in the renderings. I think this is the cruise before yours! I'll try to keep the room clean!

Archived