Loaded Question??

luvgreys

Studies have shown that it's usually "balcony club babies" who grow up to be the incorrigibles onboard. Because they were conceived on a ship, they tend to feel entitled to do just as they like when aboard one. But they are hardly the ones at fault: their parents' shipboard sexual shenanigans are a clear indication that they are recklessly irresponsible individuals, completely unfit for the responsibilities of parenting; it's easy to understand why these poor kids, lacking proper guidance, become the shipboard sociopaths that they do. Peek into your neighbors' balconies, and keep them chaste, lest they produce more monsters to terrorize future cruisers!

Studies have shown that it's usually "balcony club babies" who grow up to be the incorrigibles onboard. Because they were conceived on a ship, they tend to feel entitled to do just as they like when aboard one. But they are hardly the ones at fault: their parents' shipboard sexual shenanigans are a clear indication that they are recklessly irresponsible individuals, completely unfit for the responsibilities of parenting; it's easy to understand why these poor kids, lacking proper guidance, become the shipboard sociopaths that they do. Peek into your neighbors' balconies, and keep them chaste, lest they produce more monsters to terrorize future cruisers!
:p funny!

Leo Jay,

All I'm going to say is WOW!!

Again I don't need an adult only cruise, I just need the parents and their children to respect the rules of adult only areas.

We haven't heard any responses from parents explaining why they feel compelled to bring their children to these areas. I'm might be expecting to much.

Thanks for listening!

Julie

We are going on a cruise next month with our two sons (8 &15). But I do agree with what people are saying. Our last cruise (our children didnt go) there were kids controlling their parents. NO WAY!! Mine get out of line , they will get back in line Very Quickly. I have taught mine to be respectful of others. I do feel that kids deserve the cruising experience just as much as anyone else but they don't have to act like little hellions (sp?) to do so.. I also feel like some of the adults sould do the same!!!

Again I don't need an adult only cruise, I just need the parents and their children to respect the rules of adult only areas.

We haven't heard any responses from parents explaining why they feel compelled to bring their children to these areas. I'm might be expecting to much.

Thanks for listening!

Julie

They do this because they can get away with it. We need Carnival to take responsibility..........

KurbanFan,

You are right! I need to write to Carnival. Has anyone ever confronted a parent of a child raising cane in an adults only area [ a cruise passenger ]. Or even just say I'm sorry but this area is for adults onlyand children are not allowed here.

Julie

We were on a Renaissance cruise in 2000 and the policy was you had to be 18 or over to cruise on any of their ships. Unfortunately Renaissance went bankrupt after 9/11. It has kind of been reincarnated as Oceana cruises but I don't believe they have the age restriction.

Leo Jay,

All I'm going to say is WOW!!

Thanks for listening!

Julie

Julie - I hope you read Leo Jay's post as sarcasm:p

I agree with you though. DW & I enjoy watching kids and teens enjoying a cruise. There's no problem unless and until they cross over the boundry from having a good time themselves to being disruptive or destructive.

I hope that one of the reasons that you haven't seen any posts regarding the reason for taking children in to adult only areas is because most on CC take care of their kids and know what their responsibilities are as parents.

OTOH, we may not see responses from some because they know they would get the official "beat down" from the vast majority of cruisers here:D

Charlie

I'd say 30 and over is a better idea. In my experience (land and sea vacations) it's generally the 18-22 year olds that are more obnoxious and rude than smaller kids.

I'm a Mom to a 3 and 6 year old and not really in the position right now to cruise without my kids but when they are a little older and can stay with relatives I'd definitely be interested in the idea. I love my kids but sometimes it's nice to be somewhere where I can take off my Mom hat :p

LOL...everyone has different things that get on their nerves. I have cruised during spring break and the 'kids' were very definitely noticeable but I like watching young adults have a good time. The thing that makes my skin crawl is whining.....18-20 year olds don't whine...young kids (and some adults LOL) do.

You can ask my two (now grown girls) what I would trigger me when they were young and it was when they whined. Needless to say, they didn't do it many times.

To the OP: Off Season and Long cruises= less kids. ;)

Maybe they will... haha that is why I said its good to have the option out there. I just won't since we will always cruise as a family..then we would obviously not be allowed on an adult only cruise ;)

When your children are adults, you and your entire family would be allowed on an adult-only cruise.:confused:

When your children are adults, you and your entire family would be allowed on an adult-only cruise.:confused:

Yes, I know lol..I thought you meant something else on the other post... but we will have to wait 17 years to do one.. haha since our son is just over 1

Yes, I know lol..I thought you meant something else on the other post... but we will have to wait 17 years to do one.. haha since our son is just over 1

Your son is only 1 and you're already making a grand pronouncement that you will NEVER cruise without him? Wow. We didn't vacation without our children for their first several years of life, but they're 7 and 9 now, and believe me, a vacation without the kids every once in a while is good for ALL OF YOU.

Your son is only 1 and you're already making a grand pronouncement that you will NEVER cruise without him?

Yep...just like I never go on vacation without my husband...the same applies with my son. We get plenty of date nights back here at home..vacations are a getaway for our family and will always include everyone in our family.

ETA: even though he is only 15 months old...we have been on numerous vacations...so its just a given that we will always do family vacations.

Yep...just like I never go on vacation without my husband...the same applies with my son. We get plenty of date nights back here at home..vacations are a getaway for our family and will always include everyone in our family.

ETA: even though he is only 15 months old...we have been on numerous vacations...so its just a given that we will always do family vacations.

My suggestion would be to never say never at this point. I am sure I said the same thing when my son was a toddler. Since then I've taken the kids on two cruise without my husband (great last minute deals, he couldn't get off work) and I've taken a cruise and a land vacation with my husband without the kids. Believe me, 4 or 5 days away with your husband far surpasses any date night you might do. Keep your mind open to the possibility - that's all I'm saying.

I like the Adult only cruising. My DH and myself took our FIRST vacation without kids last year on an all-inclusive. (My "adult" kids are 22 and 25!) The vacation was fantastic!!! We vacation with our kids all the time, but I will say, on our first cruise they were 13 and 16 and were very respectful (otherwise they knew what to expect). We love to travel with them and as long as they care to still come with us, they are welcome. I have to say, my kids can't stand the younger kids of today!! My daughter and I are travelling on the Imagination in October and she is SO excited about the adult area!!

I hate to see how some of these non-respectful kids will be at adult age.!!

My suggestion would be to never say never at this point. I am sure I said the same thing when my son was a toddler. Since then I've taken the kids on two cruise without my husband (great last minute deals, he couldn't get off work) and I've taken a cruise and a land vacation with my husband without the kids. Believe me, 4 or 5 days away with your husband far surpasses any date night you might do. Keep your mind open to the possibility - that's all I'm saying.

I agree. :) :)

I'm a firm believer in a family vacation BUT also a believer that kids have to learn that their parents are not just parents, but also a couple. It helps them learn about what a healthy relationship is.

We did a family vacation every year and when we could afford a second vacation, we'd do a 'couples' vacation. Most of the time it was just a long weekend. My kids are adults now and I have no regrets over doing this and they are not scarred from it. I didn't ever vacation just with my DH in lieu of a family vacation...but in addition TO.

PLUS, I have learned over the years to never say 'never. ;)

As far as an adults only cruise....all you have to do is take a longer cruise, off season and it's basically adults only.

Archived