Loaded Question??

luvgreys

Ok friends...please do not get upset when I post this question. I do NOT mean to offend anyone.

How many of you would like a cruise line to offer a 18 and over cruise?:eek:

If there is one...can you let me know?

I do LOVE children by the way.

I would be in favor of cruises for ages 18 and up. I have children but I do think there are times when adults would like to be around only other adults. I don't think you have offended anyone and being an older person remember when children didn't "rule the roost." The idea of having a cruise with no crying children or little ones running over ones feet has a lot of appeal.

Ok friends...please do not get upset when I post this question. I do NOT mean to offend anyone.

The majority of 10+ day cruises end up being just like that.

Celebrity tried to do Adult cruises a few years ago and had to discontinue the program due to lack of interest. They ending up greatly discounting the cabins.

I think so many of the cruise lines love the 3rd,4th and on some ship 5th Passenger rates, that money wise an adult cruise isnt feasible.

What you might look into is charter cruises. Some are themed and cater to just adults. While some of the themes are a bit on the edge, others arent. You will have to pay a premium to sail with just adults.

The majority of 10+ day cruises end up being just like that.

Celebrity tried to do Adult cruises a few years ago and had to discontinue the program due to lack of interest. They ending up greatly discounting the cabins.

I think so many of the cruise lines love the 3rd,4th and on some ship 5th Passenger rates, that money wise an adult cruise isnt feasible.

What you might look into is charter cruises. Some are themed and cater to just adults. While some of the themes are a bit on the edge, others arent. You will have to pay a premium to sail with just adults.

That makes sense. It is not the little ones that bother me. It is the obnoxious teen agers that run every where. KNock over people (Saw one knock over a man with his walker) scream at the top of their lungs, and show no respect for anyone else around them. I know that many parents do not let their children act that way, but some parents have little or no control. Or they just do not care.

I like the Idea.. but as stated ....it wont happen and i understand why...I do wish they had "Adult Areas" but they seem to be drying up as well.....when we do cruise it is during school season for a few reasons...one is less kids and the other is less money....

I'd say 30 and over is a better idea. In my experience (land and sea vacations) it's generally the 18-22 year olds that are more obnoxious and rude than smaller kids.

I'm a Mom to a 3 and 6 year old and not really in the position right now to cruise without my kids but when they are a little older and can stay with relatives I'd definitely be interested in the idea. I love my kids but sometimes it's nice to be somewhere where I can take off my Mom hat :p

I like the Idea.. but as stated ....it wont happen and i understand why...I do wish they had "Adult Areas" but they seem to be drying up as well.....when we do cruise it is during school season for a few reasons...one is less kids and the other is less money....

All 8 Fantasy class ships will have the Adult Serenity area when they finish the Evolutions of Fun dry dock.

Small ( with 2 hot tubs) but nice. yea!!!

I'd say 30 and over is a better idea. In my experience (land and sea vacations) it's generally the 18-22 year olds that are more obnoxious and rude than smaller kids.

I'm a Mom to a 3 and 6 year old and not really in the position right now to cruise without my kids but when they are a little older and can stay with relatives I'd definitely be interested in the idea. I love my kids but sometimes it's nice to be somewhere where I can take off my Mom hat :p

just returned and I totally agree. we cruised with our 4 kids. 12,9 on cruise, 7 and 18 months tomorrow. I never leave my kids because I also have nobody to take them. We won a cruise for 2 on ship. Now we are trying to decide what to do. I would love to go just Dh and I but I think I'll miss them too much as well. They did drive me crazy on this trip but ya know that's there job. LOL.

I agree ...

then there are the adults that stay drunk the entire cruise. Can we say loud and annoying? I would take the kids over those people ANY day!

An adults only cruise sounds great, but if no kids are around do you think parents that usually stay reserved for the sake of the kids will now have a tendancy to "go wild," thus eliminating the calm cruise? It's not always the 18 year old kids getting drunk and acting crazy.

We stayed at a adults-only resort last year and it was fantastic. I'll seek adults-only for any all-inclusive resort we visit in the future.

I've been on one cruise without our kids and because of the time of year, I don't remember any kids being around. It seemed like an adults-only cruise.

I like the idea...:cool:

I don't understand the concern of offending someone that the OP has or why this would be considered a loaded question.:confused:

I think kids on cruises are entertaining! I never have had my kids on board with us. I recall thinking,"Those poor parents, having to put up with all that crap!" " Glad those aren't MY kids!", etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I'm just fortunate that we have some great relatives to watch the little darlings so we can get some much deserved "us, not them" time. And don't tell me some of you don't wish you could be alone for more than a day at a time. Just MHO:o

Im for it. even though I know it will never happen. I also wish Disney would do the same. I would love to ride peter pan without all the snot nosed kids in line and crying when I push them. ...Ok...most dont know me, so I will say..that pushing kids thing is a joke. I push them, its just a joke when I push them. Seriously....the idea is a good one. Also the reason I go in the off season when school is in session. Let camp carnival take care of the rest.

Try another cruise line or a different time of year if you would rather be around a certain age group. Carnival depends on kids for the 3rd and 4th guest. Then the over 21 group for the booze sales. I'm 22 and I guess on my next cruise I'll just push the old people out of my way at the buffet line cause thats expected of me. :cool:

We stayed at a adults-only resort last year and it was fantastic. I'll seek adults-only for any all-inclusive resort we visit in the future.

I've been on one cruise without our kids and because of the time of year, I don't remember any kids being around. It seemed like an adults-only cruise.

I like the idea...:cool:

I don't understand the concern of offending someone that the OP has or why this would be considered a loaded question.:confused:

Which resort did you go to? We are looking at going to one but can't decide which one we would like the best.

To the OP...Someone is chartering two different Carnival cruises for adults only but if you don't like clothing optional then don't go on these. :D Other than these I don't know of any adult only cruises if anyone finds any please let us know. ;)

We have never experienced any problems with children or younger adults during a cruise.

Our last cruise (an 8 day in November) it was the ladies that appeared to be in their 60's+ that were rude and offending. Give me a kid having fun any day over a seasoned adult that has a grudge against the world.

Archived