Getting a lower price?

ahwahoo2006

Between March, when I booked initially, and June (just before final payment), the price of our inside cabin dropped 4 times from $1,900 to $1,200. Each time I phoned our TA and got them to rebook.

That's a pretty big saving !!!

Roy

What is the procedure for getting a new lower price? I booked for a December cruise back in April, between now and then prices have dropped ~$200 for the same room. Should I call my TA and ask or am I out of luck?

Hi,:) no you are not out of luck. Celebrity will honor the

lower price. If you caught it before your TA then call them

pronto and they need to reduce the price for you.

Since you used a TA they have to be the one to do it

for you.

I am going on Galaxy in January and the price of my

cabin has already dropped twice:D

I booked directly through X so I called them as soon

as I saw the change and they reduced the price while

we were on the phone.

It pays to watch the prices closely and book with a good travel agency. I saved $1200 recently on the price of an already booked verandah. I first called Celebrity to ask if I could change to the lower price. While they told me it would be ok, I was required to have to my travel agent do this. It all worked out well and my travel agent was great about it. Not so for a Carnival cruise I booked through JetBlue (which I suppose is a post for another list). I was charged a fee of $75 just to cancel my $250 deposit in order to rebook a more desirable cabin at a lower rate. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere to rebook. The moral of the story, I think, is that most travel agents will be glad to help you get a better deal if prices drop. Others, sadly, may charge you a fhefty ee to change or even to cancel the deposit, although the cruise line is not assessing any penalty. I will be absolutely sure never to book through JetBlue again (and I think their cruise bookings are handled by Priceline, who also charged me an additional $19.95 fee just for putting down the deposit). I've never has that happen with any other travel agent, whether internet or otherwise.

Archived