Live from the Dream

Smellytoes

Just checking in here. (i tried to post somewhere else but couldn't log in) I"m having a wonderful time despite some serious problems here. For example SIL cabin has had something gross backing up into their shower and overflowing their bathroom. One more thing (Boat Drinks I was thinking of you.lol) I'm in a cat CC and there is NO refridgerator. I cracked up when I saw this. But the food is good the weather has been perfect so I'm happy.

Hi Smellytoes. I'm sorry you are running into some of the problems we reported in July. I actually have friends onboard Dream right now as well, haven't heard from them yet but I expect I will when they return this Sunday.

Wishing you smooth sailing without any further problems, and don't forget to check out the whales and dolphins as you pass East of Long Island (the Captain will announce when you are entering the area) - it was one of the best parts of our cruise seeing them. :)

One more thing (Boat Drinks I was thinking of you.lol) I'm in a cat CC and there is NO refridgerator. I cracked up when I saw this. But the food is good the weather has been perfect so I'm happy.

How is it possible that the food can be good when your cabin doesn't have a refrigerator?;)

Dream CC cabins are top-notch. Enjoy.

Just checking in here. (i tried to post somewhere else but couldn't log in) I"m having a wonderful time despite some serious problems here. For example SIL cabin has had something gross backing up into their shower and overflowing their bathroom. One more thing (Boat Drinks I was thinking of you.lol) I'm in a cat CC and there is NO refridgerator. I cracked up when I saw this. But the food is good the weather has been perfect so I'm happy.

HI JOANNE.....!!!:D

Your SIL'S CABIN....!!!:eek:

OMG.....!!!:eek:

I AM going to call you when you get home, this IS going to be QUITE A TALE....!!!:o

I am sorry about the no refrigerator, but, I am glad that you are having a nice time, and that the food is good....

Has the problem in your SIL's cabin been fixed yet....???

I HOPE SO....!!!:)

Unfortunate about the lack of refrigerator - that appears to be a repeat case of false advertising -- I am still hoping that my CC has the promised refrigerator for my 8/17 sailing. Lacking it won't ruin the cruise -- but I would be hard pressed to enjoy any week anywhere if I had to put up with periodic sewage surges -- no matter how good the food or service. The beauty of the sea and of Bermuda offsets a lot, but some things can outweigh a lot of good.

Unfortunate about the lack of refrigerator - that appears to be a repeat case of false advertising -- I am still hoping that my CC has the promised refrigerator for my 8/17 sailing. Lacking it won't ruin the cruise -- but I would be hard pressed to enjoy any week anywhere if I had to put up with periodic sewage surges -- no matter how good the food or service. The beauty of the sea and of Bermuda offsets a lot, but some things can outweigh a lot of good.

Unfortunate about the lack of refrigerator - that appears to be a repeat case of false advertising -- I am still hoping that my CC has the promised refrigerator for my 8/17 sailing.

Just an FYI, under the category descriptions the CC's are listed as "most" having refrigerators. When we sailed in June we brought a folding cooler just in case, but were pleasantly surprised that our cabin did have a fridge. (We were in 9007.) I would count on not having one and go from there!

Just an FYI, under the category descriptions the CC's are listed as "most" having refrigerators. When we sailed in June we brought a folding cooler just in case, but were pleasantly surprised that our cabin did have a fridge. (We were in 9007.) I would count on not having one and go from there!

Somebody mentioned this in the Dream/Nightmare thread as well. Evidently in some places on NCL.com it says rooms DO have refrigerators and in other places it says they do NOT.

I use the Deck Plan to see which cabins on which decks and in which categories have certain amenities, THAT is where it appears to be "wrong". Also, if you call Miami - they are wrong as well (they're probably looking at the same info).

Not likely they'll fix it, since the ship is sold and all. It would probably take at least 10-15 minutes to fix the website, and that time I'm sure is better spent fielding phone calls from boarding passengers asking where their refrigerator is. :D

We were on the Dream the week of July 27th and we were on deck 8 in an obstructed view. We are headed back on the Dream on August 31st in a CC cabin. We selected 9005 which I hope will be a good choice. This will actually be our third cruise on the Dream as we went on it in 2001 on the Baltic. I would love more information about the Candada/NE cruise if anyone has been before and also more info relative to cabin choice of 9005

We were on the Dream the week of July 27th and we were on deck 8 in an obstructed view. We are headed back on the Dream on August 31st in a CC cabin. We selected 9005 which I hope will be a good choice. This will actually be our third cruise on the Dream as we went on it in 2001 on the Baltic. I would love more information about the Candada/NE cruise if anyone has been before and also more info relative to cabin choice of 9005

Hi!

DH and I were in 9004 and my parents were in 9005 when we sailed the Dream in 2005. We were under the impression that these cabins had connecting doors but alas they did not and it was no big deal. The CC category is a great choice on the Dream (one I wish were available to me when I booked our upcoming cruise ;) ). The cabin was well laid out with plenty of storage, it was great to have that seating area and be able to spread out a little bit and that full length picture window in fabulous!

Here's a picture:

1043511184_af8644f0c1.jpg?v=0

And here's the link to my photos of that cruise as I have more photos of it sprinkled about in that collection: NCL Dream 2005

I think it's a great location and what I liked most about it was it's easy access to the outside stairways, just a step outside, a left hand turn and we were out the door and on our way. I think you'll be very happy with this choice.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help.

Have a great cruise.

Glad to hear you are having a good cruise. Can you tell us which cabin your SIL is in? I'm sailing in Sept and will be on deck 6.

SIL was in cabin 5068. It took until late Thurs. they were able to move to the 7th floor (which had a very strong sewerage smell to it) These people are the type of people that complain about everything but this time they had something to complain about. At first they were offered a bottle of wine (house wine) to compensate them for not having a bathroom but eventually it was moved up to a 100$ credit. I'm thinking that was not going to be adaquate either. I think this is going to require a letter to Miami.

HI JOANNE.....!!!:D

Your SIL'S CABIN....!!!:eek:

OMG.....!!!:eek:

I AM going to call you when you get home, this IS going to be QUITE A TALE....!!!:o

I am sorry about the no refrigerator, but, I am glad that you are having a nice time, and that the food is good....

Has the problem in your SIL's cabin been fixed yet....???

I HOPE SO....!!!:)

SJ, call me tonight. It was still a good cruise. The food, entertainment and staff were fantastic. But there were a few problems that are not minor.

SJ, call me tonight. It was still a good cruise. The food, entertainment and staff were fantastic. But there were a few problems that are not minor.

Welcome back sorry to hear about your sil cabin woes. Did you know of any other cabins that were experiencing similar problems. You mentioned a few other problems. DW & I are leaving in a week could you elaborate on the other challenges you were faced with on this cruise?

Thank You.

Joanne -

Dying from laughter here......I would have loved to have seen your SIL dealing with bathroom ooze.... ::insert evil snicker::... in hose and heels' date=' I'm sure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D[/quote']

LOLOLO. The first night she went to the bathroom and stepped in it.:D :p :D Her biggest complaint all week was all the maintenence men saw her in her pj's.

Welcome back sorry to hear about your sil cabin woes. Did you know of any other cabins that were experiencing similar problems. You mentioned a few other problems. DW & I are leaving in a week could you elaborate on the other challenges you were faced with on this cruise?

Thank You.

Yup. There were several that we're aware of that had this issue. There was a pipe in the ceiling on the 8th deck that burst. One day out toilet didn't flush (but they fixed that right away) and there was this awful smell in the hallways sometimes. But there was much more that was good about this cruise than bad.

Yup. There were several that we're aware of that had this issue. There was a pipe in the ceiling on the 8th deck that burst. One day out toilet didn't flush (but they fixed that right away) and there was this awful smell in the hallways sometimes. But there was much more that was good about this cruise than bad.[/quote

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that they could locate and repair the problem. Hopefully they can deodorize before we board next week. You mention more good than bad on this cruise which is always great to hear. Would you mind sharing the highs of your cruise.

Yup. There were several that we're aware of that had this issue. There was a pipe in the ceiling on the 8th deck that burst. One day out toilet didn't flush (but they fixed that right away) and there was this awful smell in the hallways sometimes. But there was much more that was good about this cruise than bad.[/quote

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that they could locate and repair the problem. Hopefully they can deodorize before we board next week. You mention more good than bad on this cruise which is always great to hear. Would you mind sharing the highs of your cruise.

Some of the highs were the weather was perfect (of course no one can control that). The food was awesome. From the main dining rooms (lobster ravioli, English strip loin, cheese tortollini) to the pool side barbeque (rice with soft-shelled crab and lobster tails. YUM)

The entertainment was, well entertaining.lol The juggler was also very funny and the comedian was hilarious.

The crew were mostly pleasant (one grumpy bartenter) and hard working. Like I said, there was more good than bad and you will have a good time if you make up your mind that you're having a good time no matter what.

Thanks for the specifics. As the title states we are the type of cruisers who will take the lemons and make lemonade. Looking forward to sailing next week. One last question. What time would you recommend for and expiated embarkation. We are Lattitudes Bronze if you think that may make a difference.

Archived