Redeeming RC VISA points

Here is the number for the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626. They will be able to tell you. Not knowing when you are sailing.....they usually post coupons from earliest to latest sailings.

I do hope that you made a copy of your certificates before you mailed them in.

What account is it supposed to be posting to?? Do you have the cruise booked that you want to use the points for?? I've never redeemed points for a cruise before, but I thought you had to get the certificate 1st, then call & book your cruise & tell them you were using a certificate?? More information would be helpful...:confused:

What account is it supposed to be posting to?? Do you have the cruise booked that you want to use the points for?? I've never redeemed points for a cruise before, but I thought you had to get the certificate 1st, then call & book your cruise & tell them you were using a certificate?? More information would be helpful...:confused:

I called & ordered the certificate, booked the cruise telling them that I would be using the certificate. I recieved the certificate a couple weeks later, made a copy & mailed it out on 7/8/08.

I called & ordered the certificate, booked the cruise telling them that I would be using the certificate. I recieved the certificate a couple weeks later, made a copy & mailed it out on 7/8/08.

Hmmm, that certainly sounds like what I've heard everyone on the boards say they do...have you tried calling RCL or your Travel Agent to see if the coupon has been applied? Are they showing you with a balance owed?

I have used the 125K points for a Free Cruise AFTER I BOOKED the Cruise!

I have never had a problem with doing it this way! The Cruise was booked 8 months prior to using the certificate on it!:)

I use a T/A, and after mailing in my certifcate, I had my new invoice for the 2 free fares within 4 weeks! Things may have changed, since this was when the Credit Card was under the old name!

I would check on the status with RC redempton center!

Good Luck

First you book your cruise, then redeem the points. I redeemed 75k points for our cruise in April 09. I mailed it in, and then called a couple of weeks later. They said it get put in a file until it gets closer to the sail date. So I wasn't expecting it to get posted anytime soon. However, about 2 weeks ago I looked online at my balance just for the heck of it, and it was posted!! So nice to see that balance owed go way down by the amount of the redemption value.

But you need to have your cruise booked when you send the certificate in to KC so that you can mark what cruise you are applying the certificate to.

Did you book this cruise directly through Royal Caribbean? If so, call them, give them your booking #, and request a confirmation to be sent to your e-mail address. This will show all pertinent information for your booking including any outstanding balance.

How long does it take to receive your coupon from RCCL Visa? I called a week ago to redeem 75,000 points and I have not received anything. Is this normal?

Tootsie

It should come soon - I remember mine taking about a week. Maybe a bit longer - I think they said it might take up to 2 weeks.

I booked my cruise in April direct with RC, transfered to a TA the first of August, received my 75,000 point certificate, then sent it in to receive a credit equilivalent to a companion fare oceanview applied to our suite.

I transferred to the TA before sending in the certificate - in part because RC said some of the TA's commission was "protected". Meaning they wouldn't lose all the commission because I turned in the certificate.

Archived