Sea Miles Ripoff??

Shamrock359

As a matter of fact, YES!!!

But even better, I am not locked into using it for just a cruise...I can use it for ANYTHING. (car rental, hotels, airline tickets) ....no restrictions..NO having to deal with ONLY their agents..

I can use it at any time, use any agent, towards anything do to with travel.

LOVE IT!

Plus they gave me $400.00 just for joining....which paid for my ticket on our Imagination cruise!!!

Is that card the Amex blue sky one that I always see advertised? I was meaning to look into that...

I have 150,000 miles accumulated and still can't get a free 7 day cruise to carribean.

When I redeemed my RCCL card points for the free cruise the points that where stated on the brochure is what I needed for the free cruise.

When you call Sea Miles, they tell you that is the minimum required.

What would be the best way to get these points redeemed?

Whatever you do, don't delay too long. I lost 50,000 points because I failed to redeem in a "timely" manner.

What else do you want for free? Would you have gotten a free cruise using a Target or American Express card?

Fred

With the American Express rewards program we used our points to pay for a balcony room on the Glory for 4 of us. Booked through amex travel and paid for the cruise with points. It flexible and you can book any class you want for any timeframe as long as you book through AMEX travel. The number of point required is based on the price of the cruise .

Your complaining about getting ONLY $600.00 credit? Ask the people on this board that did not get that $600.00 dollars then get back to them.

Did these same people spend $112,000 to get that $600 discount?

The discount should have been at least $1120 if it were a decent card.

I have 150,000 miles accumulated and still can't get a free 7 day cruise to carribean.

When I redeemed my RCCL card points for the free cruise the points that where stated on the brochure is what I needed for the free cruise.

When you call Sea Miles, they tell you that is the minimum required.

What would be the best way to get these points redeemed?

This may not work for you, but what I do is go to the SeaMiles site under "cruise for free" and browse around looking for cruises that my points will buy. Then I take one of those.

At 45k and 52k you can get a free 5 day cruise with SeaMiles.

That is what the list on their website says, so when we had 50k points, we called about the 45k cruise. Guess what! 45k is for one passenger's double-occupancy fare. It actually takes 90k to get that 5-day cruise that I can buy for $259pp through my TA. By comparison, I got a 4-day cruise for two, ocean view cabin, for 50k Royal Points. The fare for that cabin would have been $379pp if I had bought it through the TA we use. So, I got one dollar's worth of cruise for each $65.96 I spent on my RCI card as opposed to one dollar for each $180.72 spent on SeaMiles. That's 2.74 times as much return with the RCI card.:eek: Even double points won't close the gap between my RCI and SeaMiles cards, so when I FINALLY get that free cruise, I will pay my S&S account with my RCI card.:D

$112,000 on my Southwest Visa gets me 5+ round trip tickets to anywhere they fly within the continental US.

That's great if you don't mind the post-911 flying experience, but I would as soon have a month in Gitmo.;)

Does anyone know of a card that gives free car rental?

What else do you want for free? Would you have gotten a free cruise using a Target or American Express card?

Fred

Obviously you don't get out much!

Yes, he/she could have used American Express points for a free cruise......

Trust me, you don't get something for nothing...He paid pleanty for those points!

At 45k and 52k you can get a free 5 day cruise with SeaMiles. By the way does anyone have one of those SMILEYS thats beating a horse over the head with a hammer :D

Fred

You have to times that by 2 though, you can't just get a free cruise for one person.

I agree that the Seamiles card is not the best value (far from it). I just redeemed 10,000 to get $150 off my upcoming Disney cruise. I get much more bang for my buck with my Citibank rewards card,

...BUT...

If the discounts help me convince my husband to book a cruise because we got a "good" deal, then sign me up for another!:D

Archived