Royal Carribean/Galveston

woodi

Actually, they start in Galveston in either Sept. or October and sail thru April. A bit more than just the winter. :D

A.

Actually, The next season's first RCI departure is scheduled for December 14th, A bit more than just winter? Yeah, by one week. :D :D :D

Actually, The next season's first RCI departure is scheduled for December 14th, A bit more than just winter? Yeah, by one week.

Actually, I stand corrected on their start date! :p However, where do u live that winter lasts thru April? :D :D :D :D

A.

Actually, I stand corrected on their start date! :p However, where do u live that winter lasts thru April? :D :D :D :D

A.

About an hour from Galveston! ;)

Don't you think you are taking this a bit too literally?

I have read that both RCCI and Princess became very disenchanted with the port facility as well as some of the personnel working there, primarily customs agents who apparently often caused huge delays in disembarking guests. When we sailed on Princess last November, the CD mentioned this also as a reason Princess pulled out.

Winter in Houston/Galveston is about 1 week long, sometime during mid-December to mid-January.

We did Rhapsody April 2nd 2007, I think. The night before it snowed a foot of snow, drove thru snow for over an hour the next morning on the way to get on the ship, just north of Houston.

Sailaway was so cold, 40s. Not a lot better coming back in, gale winds the night before, saturday night up on top, and it was pretty cool sailing into galveston, but not as bad as sailaway.

What were the chances of snow in april??? 100% since I was cruising I guess.

I have read that both RCCI and Princess became very disenchanted with the port facility as well as some of the personnel working there, primarily customs agents who apparently often caused huge delays in disembarking guests. When we sailed on Princess last November, the CD mentioned this also as a reason Princess pulled out.

Getting off Voyager this past March took us hours- way too long. The previous time we sailed out of Galveston (on the Rhapsody), I don't remember it taking that long, and this time I couldn't really tell what the holdup was. Because it took so long, we were after midnight getting home, as we had a 13 hour drive.

I loved it when RCCL had a ship out of New Orleans, but it doesn't look as if they are going back there. NO is only 5-6 hours away. I've looked at Carnival's website at NO as well as Mobile- can anyone tell me about the ships out of these ports? I'm tired of the 14 hour drives to Texas and Florida, and plane fare for a family of 5 is atrocious!

We had just the opposite, we had a hold up getting off Rhapsody, but we were off Voyager hardly 20 minutes after we got into line. they let us off earlier than the stated time in the capers and we had barely gotten into line, waited like 10 minutes and they let us off.

We were out of town way before 8 am, the time before we hit the bridge they were working on with dyomite, they had a problem and we sat there for over 2 hours on the bridge so got home late. We also couldnt get into a elevator on Rhapsody, they were filled filled filled so we couldnt even get to where the line was for a long time. So you just have to be lucky, be in the right place the right time to get off.

I loved how fast we got off Voyager, zoom!!!

You asked about New Orleans (and Mobile?), announcements are coming on Monday and Tuesday, most expect Triumph to go out of New Orleans late 09 on 7 day cruises. Monday and Tuesday we will know which ships are being moved to those ports.

There is definately a problem with customs in Galveston, when we were on the Conquest in March, we stood in line for almost 2 hours to get to customs, too many passengers, not nearly enough customs agents. I hope the cruise lines put pressure on the to correct this.

Doug

Archived