Portside

kec

Hello to all

I have a question regarding parking in Portside. We thinking of driving our car instead of using a taxi, but we can't find any information about long term parking in Portside. Any suggestion where to park the car for 8 days?

Thank you.

There are two options I can suggest. Someone (I think it was family from Toowoomba but I can't remember their name) parked in the carpark at Portside and the car was still there untouched a week later. This family was on a cruise in late February, so the posting on this forum will be early March.

Other people have used a company that has parking for the airport, although they are closer to Portside. They drive you to and from Portside. :):)

I think it was Vicki when she did her 3rd May cruise, that parked there and I think form memory she said that it was sugested by the TA. Hopefully she can confirm this.

I mentioned it to DH and he isn't as keen as I am to try it, bit worried about tow away etc. But I think it was mentioned that they can't tow you away as the truck doesn't fit underneath. Wonder if they have the power to fine you?

Last time we just used the company that is on the Portside website and it was good, quite efficient and not all that expensive and they dropped of and picked us up. http://www.priorityairportparking.com.au/pap/

We are a family from Toowoomba ... but we didn't leave the car at Portside! (weren't game!!!)

We used Andrews Parking - it's only about 10-15minutes away and they run a shuttle bus service to Portside. They also offer a discount to RACQ members - which we took full advantage of!!!

http://www.andrewsairportpark.com.au/Bris/

It worked very well - and for the extra $$$ was worth it to know your car would be there when you got home.

You simply turn up and drop your car off (and pay) - then they take you and your luggage to Portside. (They are open 24 hours, so you can get there as early as you like!)

Coming home you just call them when you're getting off the ship - and they'll have a bus there to meet you (although they seemed to have one turning up every 10 minutes or so after we called for ours).

I think it was Vicki when she did her 3rd May cruise, that parked there and I think form memory she said that it was sugested by the TA. Hopefully she can confirm this.

I mentioned it to DH and he isn't as keen as I am to try it, bit worried about tow away etc. But I think it was mentioned that they can't tow you away as the truck doesn't fit underneath. Wonder if they have the power to fine you?

They now have big rollerdoors with much easier access from the street level, easy for tow trucks to get in, and there are a lot more signs up warning about the 3 hr limit than there used to be.

I presume 'Portside' is the new Cruise ship terminal at Hamilton, Brisvegas?

Anyway when I was there on Sun Princess in July, there seemed to plenty of street parking back of terminal and blocks of apartments and activity nearby, I reckon I would take the risk if I was a 'Banana bender' taking a cruise from there.

:confused: :p

Thanks Kym, and Les,

Don't think I will be able to talk DH into this one, I just don't think he would relax, he'd be worried about the car all the time. My thoughts were "oh, it'll be right we have insurance"! I'd say that we will be parking at the same place as last time.

Thanks for all you replies. I am also an RACQ member so it's great I can use it for long term parking discount at Andrews. I think that's the best option for us.

Thanks again.

We are a family from Toowoomba ... but we didn't leave the car at Portside! (weren't game!!!)

We used Andrews Parking - it's only about 10-15minutes away and they run a shuttle bus service to Portside. They also offer a discount to RACQ members - which we took full advantage of!!!

http://www.andrewsairportpark.com.au/Bris/

It worked very well - and for the extra $$$ was worth it to know your car would be there when you got home.

You simply turn up and drop your car off (and pay) - then they take you and your luggage to Portside. (They are open 24 hours, so you can get there as early as you like!)

Coming home you just call them when you're getting off the ship - and they'll have a bus there to meet you (although they seemed to have one turning up every 10 minutes or so after we called for ours).

Big thank you Linda,

Just followed up on this and it is a much better service than the previous parking place we used. We are members of Racq also and get the 10% off their already cheaper prices.

If I had have looked previously they have a very large ad in the racq magazine!

Will be using them for our next cruise on 20th Sept.

Glenda

:) Hey --- glad it helped!

We found them great when we used them in Feb/March this year - and will be using them again next year for our next cruise! Our car was kept undercover and was out and ready for us to go when we got dropped back to their yard - very efficient indeed!

Archived