About the people with no posts......

Ok Got a story here....

Ya know all about the posters who make their first post, usually they are telling horrible stories about a cruise from Hell and then never return.

Well I have played on this board for a good 5 years now, received great advise, and always come back after a cruise and share my experiences...my contribution to the board in return for all of the great advise I have received. When times were down, got real support from friends that I did not even know!!

Once, prior to a 2 week dream cruise my son was arrested for drugs and in jail. I took the plunge and told my story on the boards. The love and support I received here was far better than friends I have had for many years.

OK...I am getting to the story.....

I worked for a company for many years, and had CC on my favorites on my EMail at work. I would just click the favorite, and I was in!!. Really, I had no idea what my user ID was or my password...just click and there I was. So I have taken a new job, and they shut down my EMail. Not knowing my password I could not get to CC. I could also not use the "forget your password" option because CC will send this information to the EMail that I no longer have access to.

SOOOO...what to do??? I set up a new password and Log in using my new EMail address......OH ****...I am now one of thoes new posters with only one post behind me.

Moral of this story...Don't judge the poster with only a single post...never know where life will bring you to be classfifed as a single poster......

By the way....Start new job next week....And oh yes, I neogiated 3 weeks vacation.....I will give up many things, but not cruis'in...

Janet

Janet great post. icon_smile.gif Try emailing Laura Sterling and give her your old email and name and any other pertinant information she will need and I am sure you can get your old ID back. lol I can think of nothing worse than losing your identity. lol

Feel free to check out our past cruise pics at http://www.ournuthut.net

Enchantment of the Seas 6/2000

Sovereign of the Seas 3/2001

Disney Magic 7/2001

Majesty of the Seas 4/2002

Carnival Legend 10/2002

Carnival Victory 6/21/2003

Nordic Empress 10/2003

Navigator of the Seas 4/2004

Carnival Destiny 2/20/2005

Til we travel to NYC to fly to the Navigator of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;04;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Til we go to SJU for the Carnival Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;02;19;8;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Smoothdancer:

Nice story and theory....but I think you may be the exception not the rule. I'm always skeptical of someone with 1 post railing on a cruise line, group of people or kids, etc. I tend to think if it smells like bull#$%^ and looks like bull#$%^ then it most likely is bull@#$%.

RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

det38.gif Stanley Cup 2004!

Wings 2 Predators 1

• Administrators

quote:
Originally posted by smoothdancer:

Ok Got a story here....

Ya know all about the posters who make their first post, usually they are telling horrible stories about a cruise from Hell and then never return.

Well I have played on this board for a good 5 years now, received great advise, and always come back after a cruise and share my experiences...my contribution to the board in return for all of the great advise I have received. When times were down, got real support from friends that I did not even know!!

Once, prior to a 2 week dream cruise my son was arrested for drugs and in jail. I took the plunge and told my story on the boards. The love and support I received here was far better than friends I have had for many years.

OK...I am getting to the story.....

I worked for a company for many years, and had CC on my favorites on my EMail at work. I would just click the favorite, and I was in!!. Really, I had no idea what my user ID was or my password...just click and there I was. So I have taken a new job, and they shut down my EMail. Not knowing my password I could not get to CC. I could also not use the "forget your password" option because CC will send this information to the EMail that I no longer have access to.

SOOOO...what to do??? I set up a new password and Log in using my new EMail address......OH ****...I am now one of thoes new posters with only one post behind me.

Moral of this story...Don't judge the poster with only a single post...never know where life will bring you to be classfifed as a single poster......

By the way....Start new job next week....And oh yes, I neogiated 3 weeks vacation.....I will give up many things, but not cruis'in...

Janet

Hi Janet:

If you write me I'm pretty sure I can take care of this for you...

Laura Sterling

Community Manager

Up4travel@aol.com

Cruise Critic

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent -Eleanor Roosevelt-

I for one, have never doubted or slammed a person because he/she was a new poster here. I don't understand why so many people think that's a big deal and that you must have 175,000 posts here to be beleived.

Everyone here was a new poster in the past.

Let's be nice to the new posters and not scare them away.

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea"

(26 prior cruises. Nobody cares, so why list them all?)

I have had about 3 or 4 log on names because of the same problem. Laura will be able to get your post back for you no matter what your new ID is. icon_wink.gif

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Great story....guess it could be one of those

"don't judge a book by its cover" kind of thing.

Welcome back to the boards!

Soveriegn 92 E. Caribbean

Majesty 95 W. Caribbean

Granduer 97 E. Caribbean

Rhapsody 00 Mexico

Vision 02 Alaska

Radiance 03 Panama Canal

Brilliance 3/29/04

Radiance of the Seas/Panama Canal 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800Are we there yet?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My bags are always packed!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Brilliance 3/29/2004

While I agre in theory, most people will say who they are and that they are back down to zero, and secondly most people who are regular would not have their first repost as a neg review without saying, hey I am so and so.

While some reviews are quite valid, I can not believe that there are people who go anywhere and have a totatlly negative time unless they are just negative people. Most of the real people in this world do have experiences that are less than perfect but because they are having a wonderful time in general do not HARP on the small things and in most cases even forget they happened. I am sorry, unless my cabin is totally trashed I will not even remember the small things that may hvae been wrong..... Maybe I am niave... so now I have to write a scathing letter the Raifield Inns because the tv remote was broken last week.

icon_rolleyes.gif

barbara02.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have/had the same problem. I hadn't been on the boards much, but I know I joined at least 4 years ago. When I tried to sign on I had forgotten my name/password. I sent my email address (4 times) and email CC, but I never got a response (it's been several weeks). I tried to register with a new name but it said "that email address is already in use." So here I am, new name, password and email address.

Laura, how can I get my old name back?

Thanks!

Karen

Brilliance of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch Of The Seas

Whodunit Murder Mystery Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;3;17;50;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 8/2001

Voyager of the Seas 8/2000

Carnival 3/1998

Viking Seranade 1/1996

Viking Seranade 4/1995

Well stated Barbara....

Chicagomom, I am sure that you are correct, but lurkers generally don't emerge onto the scene like Mr T.... like some tr*lls that hit here doing a RCI slamfest. icon_biggrin.gif

At the risk of offending you can reach Laura Sterling by email at Up4Travel@aol.com (Laura please let me know if I am violating any rules by helping these poor folks to get their proper identity back!)

jc

Well put Chicagomom. I've been reading on here daily for the past few weeks, but this is only my third post. I just like to sit back and enjoy the conversations from afar, and tend learn more that way. I am sailing on the Mariner in a few weeks and find that this is a good way to get a lot of good inside info. Maybe I'll return the favor when I get back... icon_wink.gif

When we got our 1st computer 4 years ago, my sister-in-law told me that when she registers on a website she puts her username & password & website name on a 3 X 5 card. She suggested that I do the same. I have a file with the cards with my information for each website I am registered.

It's an old-fashioned way to save information, but it works.

Gail

gailc, thanks for the idea. I can never remember my password. I am also one of those who likes to hang back and enjoy the conversation. From us wallflowers thank you to all of you for the great information you provide.

Soveriegn of the Seas 02

Monarch of the Seas 03

Soveriegn of the Seas 03

• Administrators

quote:
Originally posted by KStevens79:

I have/had the same problem. I hadn't been on the boards much, but I know I joined at least 4 years ago. When I tried to sign on I had forgotten my name/password. I sent my email address (4 times) and email CC, but I never got a response (it's been several weeks). I tried to register with a new name but it said "that email address is already in use." So here I am, new name, password and email address.

Laura, how can I get my old name back?

Thanks!

Karen

Send me as much identifying info as you can regarding the OLD USER name, including what it was...and the e-mail address you used for that registration. E-mail me at up4travel@aol.com.

Laura

Laura Sterling

Community Manager

Up4travel@aol.com

Cruise Critic

• Administrators

quote:
Originally posted by xpcdoojk:

Well stated Barbara....

Chicagomom, I am sure that you are correct, but lurkers generally don't emerge onto the scene like Mr T.... like some tr*lls that hit here doing a RCI slamfest. icon_biggrin.gif

At the risk of offending you can reach Laura Sterling by email at Up4Travel@aol.com (Laura please let me know if I am violating any rules by helping these poor folks to get their proper identity back!)

jc

Thanks for helping, JC

Laura Sterling

Community Manager

Up4travel@aol.com

Cruise Critic

Archived