Airbus 320, 319 in United Economy Plus

Sea Hag

This is a question for the people who know a lot more about planes and flying than I do. I'm fussy about where I sit. I like a window seat, preferrable on the port side of the plane (do planes have a port side?) as far forward as I can get. That's just what I like.

I have a trip upcoming, and I upgraded to Economy Plus. I have two flights on a 320 and one on a 319, seat 6A on all of them.

Looking at seatguru.com, I see some notations on these seats that don't look so good. It even says that on some planes, these are standard bulkhead seats with no extra leg room. I don't particularly need the extra leg room, but if it's there, then it helps to keep whoever's sitting next to me from spilling over into my space. I sure sound neurotic, don't I?

Add to this the fact that I travel with a small laptop backpack. If the 6A seats are likely to have more legroom, I can live with putting the backpack in the overhead bins. Don't like to do that; like to put it under the seat (I know, I know. If I want to put it under the seat, why book a bulkhead. Can't have everything, and the bulkhead seat does get me farther toward the front of the plane). But if there's likely to be only standard legroom, then I'd probably rather switch seats a row or two back.

Does anybody have thoughts on this, other than the fact that I'm way too picky? :)

I know what seatguru says, but IMO, row 6 has the absolute best seats on a A320/319! There is a cutout in the bulkhead where you will be able to place your small carry-on, and you have loads of legroom. I would choose this seat over paying for F for this plane. I have had at least 10 flights this year on an A320/319 and everyone of them had this cutout.

You can't lift up the arm as the tray tables are stowed there, but you probably wouldn't be lifting it up anyway.

You will be in the first boarding group, after F and top elites, because you chose the window seat.

IMO, you will be very happy with your seat selection.

Yes, planes have a port side!

Archived