diamonds international free charms

cruisinCLT

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to dig my bracelet out and use my jewelry cleaning cloth to polish a couple of the tarnished charms back to shinning gold. Looks good as new now! :D

Yes, my card is packed for our cruise to Nassau in Oct. Will the world come to an end if I don't get to DI to pick up my free charm there? Of coarse not, but so far its never been a problem wandering in and asking for a free charm and wandering back out. Time spent, not more than 3 minutes in any port while we were wandering around anyways. Can honestly say I've never stood in line nor have I ever had anyone in DI attempt to pressure me to purchase anything else when I said I was just there to get my free charm. That charm bracelet is the one single item that holds memories of all of our Caribbean (and Alaskan)cruises. Yes, its cheap and worthless to anyone else but to me its been more than worth my three minutes or less in each port for its sentimental value.:)

Monetary value isn't everything... some of my best souvenirs are probably what you would call 'crap' .

I agree with you:) .Also I wore my bracelet to dinner on the last night of my cruise. Heck I even wore my spice necklace that I bought from Grenada that same evening for dinner. I have it hanging in my florida room now with all my caribbean collections. Most of these items cost little money but, oh boy the memories that they trigger are priceless:)

Just proves a very old point - "what is trash to some is treasure to others!" And thanks for the reminder to dig out my bracelet, too. I disagree about the prices at the jewelry stores in the islands in general.

If you do your homework and learn how to buy a quality diamond and how to use a jewelers' lope - you can find some beautiful "bling". I

know what I want to look for in the islands, do my research, and most times - you can find really nice items. Not necessarily "cheaper" than home but the SELECTION is amazing. Unless you live in NYC or Vegas -

won't find that much "bling" in one placewhere I live. I use my cc for my purchases and always get a receipt with the "retail value" of the jewelry. I take it

home and if my local jeweler tells me diffeent - a phone call to my cc company is all that's needed for the return. Never been disapopinted

but then again - I don't spend thousands of $$$$$$$ either. Happy shopping. ;)

When I went to Nassau last year, I was given the bracelet, then I paid $5 for the charm. Next stop was Key West and the charm was free. My daughter took a cruise earlier this year, got the Bracelet, and when we drove down to key west she got her charm for free. Such a cool idea. Can't wait to add more ports.

Horseman-check in your capers on the night before the port and it should have something in there about a free charm at the diamond international store on land. You won't get a charm at the first port because you'll get your charm bracelet and the list of ports on a piece of white paper....keep this white paper because you'll need this at the next port so you get an actual charm and not another starter bracelet. Also here's another tip.....they ask you which cruiseline you are with and your room number and they only give one per room so if you are rooming with someone and they want one too just go in at differant times and tell them a differant room number

Key West is a sail boat.

i did. i have st. thomas, st. maarten, nassau & the bracelet. the worst charm on it is the diamonds international one. what is supposed to be a diamond, looks like a kids toy stone glued onto the charm. i may take it to my jeweler & see if it's even real. the rest of the charms are cute. nassau is a sand dollar, st. thomas is a shopping bag, i forgot what the others are. seems like i have 4 or 5, but haven't worn it yet. i think it's a fun reminder of the cruise. maybe if i would get off this board occasionally, i'd have more time to look at it!

I like collecting the charms :o . I might be able talk DP into going to the Western Caribbean, a place she does not want to go, because we can pick up some of the charms :D . It's just something fun to do and the memories are great.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, i have gotten them,all over. Just got back oct 2014, didnt have my card. Just walked in,said i got the braclet in alaska,and they told me i get a free charm. The lady was awesome,no hassles, i was able to add 5 more, some ports have more than 1 store,and have different charms. It was a nice surprise.

• 3 years later...

My wife and I both get the bracelets and charm whenever we cruise. It is a fun way to have a free souvenir of the trip. Quality aside, it is fun to collect the memory. We have a lot of fun when hitting the "shopping" ports like Cozumel, and see how many "free" charms we can collect. (Many of the merchants will have signs, "Come in to get your free charm") Yes, you have to step in and see what wares they have, but it is still fun interaction. We make it into a Treasure Hunt of sorts. Now, after 4 cruises, we are building the charm bracelets into a charm necklace. :p

She mainly will wear it on the cruise just as a fun item. Hey... your on vacation..... ENJOY THE MOMENT and build memories. It's the little things that add spice to life. :)