Purchasing Cartouches while on ship tour

Tanyaec

Does anyone know how those who are doing the overnight tour with the ship will be able to purchase cartouches? Do they take you into a store as well or sell them on the bus trip into Cairo? I've heard both.

Thanks,

Tanya

They do it both ways. The advantage of picking them out on the bus is that the order is called in and your purchase is done when you arrive. If you wait until you're at the store, you WAIT until it is finished. My suggestion is to choose them on the bus-same price and less hassle.

When you order cartouches on the bus on the way to Cairo, does everyone get a brochure, and do you just note on it what you would like.

It is 3 hour drive, and with 40 odd people on the bus it would take a bit of time to place the orders, if they just passed out the brochure from person to person.

I can tell you how it was done on our bus which was a private tour of 23 people. The guide had one brochure and some samples and we passed it from seat to seat as he took our orders. Then he got off the bus in Cairo and handed the order to someone and we went to the shop later in the day and they were done. You CAN use a credit card. Hope that helps.

PS. I love mine and have had sooooo many compliments.

Coolcruise02:

Thanks for reply. That is how I thought it would be done.

Maybe the ships tours will have more than one brochure. Thought that it would take a bit of time if the bus is full, and some people would probably take their time.

Coolcruiser02

Just another question. Do they come in a sort of jewellry bag with the name on a piece of paper.

I am planning to buy several, and do not want to mix them up.

Did they give you a discount if people bought more than one. Or is the price firm when the guide takes your order.

I saw some pictures of the double sided ones, and also 3 sided ones. They looked great.

They also had yellow gold with the symbols in white gold

and then the opposite.

Also choices in sizes as well.

Of course the longer the name the larger the piece.

I love and it gets noticed every single time I wear it.

You will enjoy yours as well.

Coolcruiser02

Just another question. Do they come in a sort of jewellry bag with the name on a piece of paper.

I am planning to buy several, and do not want to mix them up.

Did they give you a discount if people bought more than one. Or is the price firm when the guide takes your order.

I saw some pictures of the double sided ones, and also 3 sided ones. They looked great.

Hi-when we ordered ours from NileBlue,they came in a little pouch with the person's name written on it in English. I had the same concern as you as I ordered quite a few for gifts and didn't want to get them mixed up either!! It seems to me the price was firm even for multiple orders, but to tell you the truth, I really don't remember. You can always ask.

The double sided ones were really nice. Our guide had one on with her name on one side and her husband's name on the other. Very nice.

Another thing I remember, for some reason, we could not pay by CC-cash only. NOw, I remember-we were running late and we didnt' have time to got to the actual shop to pick them up,therefore there would have been no machine onboard the bus to process the cards. It was a bit of a pain as not a lot of people had that much cash on them,but they waited as we scurried off the bus and went to our cabins to get our money.

Didn't mean to go on and on....The cartouches are beautiful and a nice keepsake of our trip. Enjoy!! Shelly

Archived