Barcelona shops/restaurants closed on Sun.?

I read somewhere that most of the stores and restaurants are closed in Barcelona on Sundays? Does that include things on Las Ramblas? Or is this exagerated? Just planning one of our pre cruise days.

I don't know about Las Ramblas as we stayed near the cruise port. Behind our hotel (Hilton Diagonal Mar) was a wonderful shopping mall which also had a multi level supermarket and many restaurants. All were closed on sunday. Hopefully, the ones on Las Ramblas will be open for you. Good luck!

You won't have a problem finding any restaurants open. Most everything is open on Las Ramblas. In the old part of town, it seemed more stores were open. The Picasso and Miro museums close early on Sundays. I noticed many designer and high end stores closed on Sunday, but there were still other stores open.

You wont have a problem.. most everything is opened especially in the Las Ramblas district -i.e. Department Store - Corte Ingles , etc. Most restaurants are always opened. If you are looking fro a good restaurant try Sempropriana. Barceloneta on the waterfront has great seafood. Safe journey

You wont have a problem.. most everything is opened especially in the Las Ramblas district -i.e. Department Store - Corte Ingles , etc. Most restaurants are always opened. If you are looking fro a good restaurant try Sempropriana. Barceloneta on the waterfront has great seafood. Safe journey

Are you sure? When I was there, el Corte Ingles was not open on Sunday. This link also shows they are closed on Sundays:

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/spain/catalonia/barcelona/attraction-detail.html?vid=1154654668141

Perhaps they have changed in the last 18 months, but I wouldn't count on it being open. Also most of the cute trendy boutiques in the Gothic quarter will be closed (e.g., shoe and leather stores, clothing, etc).

Are you sure? When I was there, el Corte Ingles was not open on Sunday. This link also shows they are closed on Sundays:

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/spain/catalonia/barcelona/attraction-detail.html?vid=1154654668141

Perhaps they have changed in the last 18 months, but I wouldn't count on it being open. Also most of the cute trendy boutiques in the Gothic quarter will be closed (e.g., shoe and leather stores, clothing, etc).

El Corte Ingles will be open on some Sunday before Christmas -- so we'll be able to go there to browse and do last minute shopping before we head out to the ship on Sun Dec 21. :D :D We'll be able to get water and snacks. :D :D

http://www.elcorteingles.es/corporativo/horarios/eng/cataluna.asp

Archived