First time on Celebrity

crosj

And I am gonna love it!!!! Just booked Infinity May 11 SFO to Alaska. Room (Drum roll please) 8170!!!! We were booked on the Radiance out of San Diego on the same date and saw this one and JUMPED on it. I am from SFO so no flying to port. Jump in a limo and a hour later we will be on the ship. I am going to devote much of my time learning about this ship. I am EXCITED!!

Have been wanting to try Celebrity for sometime and now I am gonna do it right!!

I was just checking my list and that is one of the larger rooms/balconys. Congratulations. We have been on the Infinity 3 times now and just love her. How many days is the cruise? We did one that started in SF and ended there 12 days later. It was great.

Its an 11 day cruise that ends in Vancouver. Love sailing out of SFO- the site of Golden Gate Bridge still gets me all a flutter even though I was born and raised in the city.

Can someone please tell me what the "persian garden" is?

Hows the coffee on Celebrity? I usually end up buying a coffee card whenever I sail Princess as their coffee is not the best...

Its an 11 day cruise that ends in Vancouver. Love sailing out of SFO- the site of Golden Gate Bridge still gets me all a flutter even though I was born and raised in the city.

Can someone please tell me what the "persian garden" is?

Hows the coffee on Celebrity? I usually end up buying a coffee card whenever I sail Princess as their coffee is not the best...

Wow, a nice Aft Concierge Stateroom on the Infinity. We hope you will enjoy - large balcony and cc amenities. I have a feeling you've checked this all out, but here are the amenities:

•Welcome champagne•Daily fruit selection•Fresh-cut flowers•Daily hors d'oeuvres•Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®•Duvets and pillow-top mattresses•Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag•Double-thick Frette bathrobes•Hansgrohe® showerhead•VIP invitations to events•Early embarkation and debarkation•Dining and seating preference•Preference on shore excursions•Express luggage delivery

You'll get a glass of champagne when you step aboard and then one is waiting in your stateroom. There will be crew there to take your roll-on/carry-on so you can start your vacation immediately.

I'd recommend taking advantage of the beautiful free adult-only Aqua Spa and it's Cafe. The Aqua Spa is a warm saltwater pool on the Resort Deck Bow, in an enclosed area (removeable overhead). There are water jets all around to relax under and a steelrod 'lounging' area on the side of the pool with bubbles coming up in between. We used the pool every day!

Half the fun is finding the special things & places you like, so explore the Martini bar and especially our favorite Cava Cafe with special coffees and beautiful european-style decor - a grand place to meet our new friends and play cards, or just watch to world walk by.

Have a wonderful time. We sail on Her in Jan 09.

Denny

I will be getting off Infinity on May 11 so will make sure the ship is in ship-shape for you!!!:D

The coffee on Celebrity is notoriously poor and they do not offer "coffee cards" that I have ever heard of. Maybe with all the new changes taking place it will improve! You can go to the Cova Cafe and purchase good coffee with your sea pass card. They have REALLY good coffee, teas, drinks, pastries etc--you will love it there! It's one of our favorite places.:D

Yes Denny0 I did my reseach before booking. I am extremely fond of the aft facing rooms on cruises and when I say that two of these were available I jumped on it!! Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it very much.

I will be sailing the Infinity in 8170 in September 09. I knew that I wanted to sail Alaska, but chose this cruise specifically for this room. The photos fo the aft balconies are amazing.

Enjoy your cruise. I look foward to a review and photos. ;)

I see someone already answered your coffee question. Just a couple of little things that you may or may not already have read about on Celebrity ships...

- waffles!!! You must try them! Fabulous!

- chocolate croissants and almond croissants - yum! I didn't know about these on my first cruise, but I tried them on my second one, and I think they've taken over from the waffles as my favourite food items!!! You can find them in the mornings at the Cova Cafe. And since you'll be there anyway for your coffee... :D

I too was raised in the Bay Area...but there is nothing like sailing under the Golden Gate, and seeing the lights and the view from the ship. It's fantastic! You will also enjoy the Aft cabin. The views of Alaska are breathtaking!

So where are the waffles?

You'll find a waffle station in the buffet area in the mornings. They should make them for you fresh. The first morning on my second cruise, for some reason, there were a few that were premade and had been sitting, so they weren't as good, but when I went back (I wouldn't have if I didn't know that they should have been better!) the next day, luckily they were back to making them fresh. You'll have to wait a few minutes, but they're worth it. :)

Thought of something else. For Alaska, you'll probably want to bring binoculars with you. I love animals, so I was very happy to have my binocs with me to get a better look!

Besides the inevitable eagles, you may get a chance to see seals, sea lions, and whales (and maybe more I'm not thinking of; bears if you're really lucky, I guess). I think that's everything I saw minus the bears, even though I took one excursion that was focused on finding bears; unfortunately there were none for us to see that day. :(

Now, I don't recall if I saw any seals or sea lions from the ship (but I did see them on tours), but of course, there were plenty of eagles, and I was lucky enough to see two whales a ways ahead of us as we went through the Inside Passage. And two large groups of whales (5 or 6 whales in each group...anyone know what a "group" of whales is called? :confused:) as we left Icy Strait Point. Will you be at ISP? It was my favourite port (between it, Juneau and Ketchikan), mostly because it was the least commercial.

For the first time I will be visiting Icy Straits and also Sitka. I think my favorite port is Skagway although Ketichan is a close second. The person I am going with has never been to Alaska before and I thought she would appreicate the large balcony (ok ok, me 2). The fact that its covered is an added bonus. I can watch wildlife and stay dry- at least on the ship anyway. An added bonus (at least for me anyway) is not having to haul the luggage thru the airport. I can pack a plenty. Of course I have to fly back home from Vancouver but I will probably just ship some stuff back.

For the first time I will be visiting Icy Straits and also Sitka...An added bonus (at least for me anyway) is not having to haul the luggage thru the airport. I can pack a plenty. Of course I have to fly back home from Vancouver but I will probably just ship some stuff back.

It was at ISP that my excursion was supposed to find bears (hopefully!), but unfortuntely didn't. However, it was still my favourite port. There is a little museum and shops right at the dock, and the town Hoonah is walking distance. We had a gorgeous sunny day when we were there, and despite not finding any bears, our hike was beautiful. Apparently whale watching is supposed to be really good there, so a lot of people recommend the whale watching tours (and it was where I saw all those whales as we left). I think another popular excursion there is the zip line - if you are so inclined! (Not me, thanks! :eek:)

Lucky you - able to get to port without flying. No matter where I cruise to, I need to get on a plane first. Seems to double the price or more - except for my Alaska cruise! I think, when you include air fare, my Alaska cruise may end up being the least expensive one I ever do!

Welcome to Celebrity, We just got off the Constellation and can reccommend the waffles and croissants, DELICIOUS!! Alaska is beautiful and I envy you the aft balcony. The Aqua Spa cafe has great healthy foods, check it out.Enjoy your cruise. Want to second the idea of binoculars, You'll be surprised how handy them come in.

I know you have received many posts but I wanted to tell you that you will love Celebrity and comment a bit about the actual line and experience not necessarily the itinerary as I have not done the cruise you are doing.

I have sailed 3 lines, Carival, RCI and Celebrity. Its not an exaggeration - I have been sailing on RCI lately primarily due to price and ports but this coming December I got a good deal and I am sailing again on Celebrity which I have missed very much. I cannot wait!

These are things I feel a different than other lines and all the lines are great, they have their pros and cons. I think the service is superior - everyone is polite, helpful and goes above and beyond. Its different than on RCI or Carnival, just better, overall better.

I think the food is A+, living in ATL and dining regularly at top restaurants, I feel like I can honestly say the food on Celebrity, at least when I cruised in 2005, was of the same caliber. Wonderful meals, great quality food in all locations (dining room and non dining room)

Decor and ship, just beautiful, immaculate and pretty - every detail tended to. Again, just better, prettier and even more clean than other lines I have been on.

Have a great time, you will just love it!

We will be sailing for the first time on Celebrity this year also. We are on the Galaxy for a transaltantic in December. After all the good things we have heard about the cruise line we are excited to be spending two weeks on board.:)

Reviews

Dream: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=679082&highlight=sailorjack

Jewell: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797459&highlight=sailorjack

Hi Crosj,

We are also sailing on the Infinity on May 11, 09 SF.

We would like to invite you to join our Roll Call forum, Infinity May 11 -Alaska, and don't forget to enrol in the Connections party. We have over 25 cruisers signed up.

Lots of nice guys:cool: who are informative and funny ;)

Looking forward to seeing you on our List...:D

The Vikings

Celebrity Cruises

- Connections Info and Celebrity Connections FAQ

- Register to attend a Connections Party

- Search for a Connections Party

- Go to: Celebrity Roll Call Forums

And I am gonna love it!!!! Just booked Infinity May 11 SFO to Alaska. Room (Drum roll please) 8170!!!! We were booked on the Radiance out of San Diego on the same date and saw this one and JUMPED on it. I am from SFO so no flying to port. Jump in a limo and a hour later we will be on the ship. I am going to devote much of my time learning about this ship. I am EXCITED!!

Have been wanting to try Celebrity for sometime and now I am gonna do it right!!

Congrats on your first Celebrity cruise. Good thing you got out of a trip on RCCL. One of my worst cruises was on RCCL. Celebrity has excellent service. Their food is better too. I still give a slight edge to Carnival though.

Have a good time and tell us about it when you come back.

Archived