Room Decoration?

angela76

My DD will be turning 13 the day we sail. Should I have the cruise line decorate the room or should I bring my own??? And will they bring out a cake in the dining room and sing HAPPY B-DAY to her?? Thanks so much for all your help..

i'm sure they will let you purchase a cake. check with carnival's people to see what the real deal is. there were several birthdays celebrated on our valor cruise - lots of singing. i'd just as soon have the song & choose a dessert off the menu myself.

I think its a nice touch to have the room decorated. When we got married on the Glory, I srpung for the room decorations, they were quite nice and my husband thought they were great.

I think a 13year old girl would love it. Do you really want to lug all that stuff in your luggage?

There is another thread about door decorations that could give you ideas. Search under Door Decorations. It is in this Carnival group. Some were great ideas. I would take my own banners. That way you can make the banners, etc how you like them. You could tip the steward $ to leave alone and make sure they stay up :) You could really have fun embarrassing your daughter. If you laminate they will hold up better for packing. Just no tape on door -

We always decorate our cabin with things from home. The stuff doesn't take up much room, it makes the room more festive and you can personalize it more to your tastes. It also costs less!

If you want to decorate yourself and surprise her before you all go to your cabin, leave her with someone else in your party and say you need to run somewhere quickly (i.e. purser's desk). Then run back to your cabin, put everything up quickly and come back to them from wherever you said you had to go. Then go to your cabin for the first time and she'll never know. Just make sure the stuff you need is in your carry-on. You could also decorate the door at the same time.

Birthday decorations I purchased through the Bon Voyage department on Carnival's site for my friends birthday...she was pleased! I chose to have them done before we boarded, so when she opened the door they were the first thing she saw. Also did them for my sister on the Legend. Ordered my sister a cake too ($12 I think) and they presented it on the day I selected and sang happy birthday to her.

2495290110064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2044160590064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived