Where's the party?

RachaelW

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any nightlife on Celbrity lately. My dh and I are in our early thirties and have had one good and one bad experience with this. Our first cruise was a blast. Lots of different age people, the disco was hopping till about 3:00 every morning, fun pool band. On our last cruise we never saw anyone in the disco and the ship was a ghost town by 11:00. What has been your experience?

It depends on length and time of year. If you are on a longer cruise ie 14 days, starting in one port and ending in another etc. Then this is generally older people. If you are on a seven day cruise during school breaks then you will have a mix. Shorter cruises seem to have more mix of ages while the longer cruises generally have an older mix (11 pm is bedtime if they are going on shore ex).

Are you asking specifically about your Nov cruise on Solstice?

I would guess the evenings will be hopping......that is only

her 2nd sailing. Bet lots of folks will be up late!

RachelW, are you going on the Solstice on Nov. 30 to eastern Caribbean?

I am in my early 30s as well(my huband same age), this Nov. 30th cruise will be our first one ever. We travel alot, at least once a year overseas and several times within USA but never cruised before.

We like to relax when we are traveling but have some fun as well.

Since this is our first cruise, I want to make the best out of it, and my two friends who went on cruises before told us a lot of stories and they were total opposite.

One friend went on Mexican Riviera Cruise on Carnival said that it was too noisy and too much party scene. ( no wonder..they went during the spring break time) They siad that they couldn't get to sleep at night because there were people walking up and down the hall way talking so loud and stuff. They enjoyed the night life and party scene for the first two days. After that they said it was too much.

Other friend went on Med. cruise last year around this time. She said that at night after 10:00 pm it was so quite and when they went down to the night club, they were the only people there.

I had a hard time deciding between RCCL and X then went for X, since I heard a lot of good stories about their service. Once I have kids, I think I would love to go on RCCL.

I personally think it will be a fun cruise with all age croups and lots of fun, lots of partying.

I CANNOT wait!!! :)

I am wondering because of our upcoming cruise. Both cruises we have taken have been to the carribbean and on Celebity. The first was 7 days and the second was 10. I was not sure if the length was the reason it was so quiet on the second cruise or if Celebrity was just attracting an older crowd these days. We are a little too old to stay up all night but were hoping to be able to dance a little and maybe listen to some music after dinner. We have stuck with Celebrity because of the great service and good food, we are just hoping for a little livelier crowd this time around.

I am wondering because of our upcoming cruise. Both cruises we have taken have been to the carribbean and on Celebity. The first was 7 days and the second was 10. I was not sure if the length was the reason it was so quiet on the second cruise or if Celebrity was just attracting an older crowd these days. We are a little too old to stay up all night but were hoping to be able to dance a little and maybe listen to some music after dinner. We have stuck with Celebrity because of the great service and good food, we are just hoping for a little livelier crowd this time around.

I am 62 and I'm with you! I'd like to see a little more constant activity in the disco as well. Some nights the joint is hoppin' and some nights it is empty. When there is a theme night, 50's, 70's etc. it seems that people come out to play and stay later.

Bill

Celebrity tends to attract passengers who prefer a very laid back and traditional cruise experience.

In lounges where a live band is playing music suitable for ballroom dancing it can be difficult to find space on the dance floor, while a lounge with a DJ tends to have very few passengers unless there is a special event taking place.

In lounges where a live band is playing music suitable for ballroom dancing it can be difficult to find space on the dance floor, while a lounge with a DJ tends to have very few passengers unless there is a special event taking place.

Sky Sweet, I hadn't read this before. Do you think the DJ on a 10-day Caribbean on Equinox will have an empty dance floor? Sure hope not.

Sky Sweet, I hadn't read this before. Do you think the DJ on a 10-day Caribbean on Equinox will have an empty dance floor? Sure hope not.

Hi madelinerose :)

My comment was based on our experience with Celebrity. My gut feeling is that Celebrity's new ships are targeted for a younger demographic than its existing ships, so it is very possible that a DJ on Equinox will attract more people.

Hi Karen:)

I was on a 10 nighter back in March on Galaxy and I have

to tell you there were many nights the disco was packed:D

Not every night mind you, but there were quite a few times

I went there and the joint was jumpin';)

Hi madelinerose :)

My comment was based on our experience with Celebrity. My gut feeling is that Celebrity's new ships are targeted for a younger demographic than its existing ships, so it is very possible that a DJ on Equinox will attract more people.

Well, I must say that since you've grouped me in with the "younger demographic", you've made my day! :D ;)

Hi Karen:)

I was on a 10 nighter back in March on Galaxy and I have

to tell you there were many nights the disco was packed:D

Not every night mind you, but there were quite a few times

I went there and the joint was jumpin';)

Hey Lois!

We enjoy most music and love to dance, so this is good info for me. No, we certainly won't be partying like it's 1999, but we can still hang with the best of 'em. ;)

Maybe one day we'll be cruising together. It would be my pleasure. :)

Lois R - Were you in the carribbean on your 10 day on Galaxy? Not sure if location or particular boat makes a difference. We went on Century back in 2003 and had a blast. There were all different ages in the bars and discos at night and everyone seemed to have a really good time. Hope we get a good crowd this trip as well. Either way I can't wait to check out the new boat!

Lois R - Were you in the carribbean on your 10 day on Galaxy? Not sure if location or particular boat makes a difference. We went on Century back in 2003 and had a blast. There were all different ages in the bars and discos at night and everyone seemed to have a really good time. Hope we get a good crowd this trip as well. Either way I can't wait to check out the new boat!

Hi Rachael,:) yes it was a 10 night Caribbean cruise.

I was on Century in 2003 as well....that was my first

Celebrity cruise:)

Hey Lois!

We enjoy most music and love to dance, so this is good info for me. No, we certainly won't be partying like it's 1999, but we can still hang with the best of 'em. ;)

Maybe one day we'll be cruising together. It would be my pleasure. :)

Hi Karen, hopefully one day our paths will cross:)

And it would be my pleasure as well.

Hi Lois,

That's so funny. The Century in 2003 was my first Celebrity cruise as well. It was such a great cruise that we have had a hard time going to another line. We love all the ammenities and personal service and food! Other lines might be livelier but not as classy. Hope to have a little of both in November.

Well, I must say that since you've grouped me in with the "younger demographic", you've made my day! :D ;)

Hi madelinerose...I am glad I made your day :)

One of the things I love about Celebrity is that I feel like such a young kid on their ships, even though I am a grandma :)

Hi Lois,

That's so funny. The Century in 2003 was my first Celebrity cruise as well. It was such a great cruise that we have had a hard time going to another line. We love all the ammenities and personal service and food! Other lines might be livelier but not as classy. Hope to have a little of both in November.

Rachael, when in 2003 did you sail? What would be really funny

is if we were on the same cruise:D

Lois,

It was in September. I think the second or third week. My DH still talks about one of the bartenders we met named Lindo. He is convinced he will be on the Solstice with us in November!

Hi Rachael,:) I sailed in May 2003 so our paths did not cross.

Hope you have fun on Solstice.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any nightlife on Celbrity lately. My dh and I are in our early thirties and have had one good and one bad experience with this. Our first cruise was a blast. Lots of different age people, the disco was hopping till about 3:00 every morning, fun pool band. On our last cruise we never saw anyone in the disco and the ship was a ghost town by 11:00. What has been your experience?

The experience i made was the same. There was a theme evening ment to be - but there was not even the promissed music.

I have to agree with most of the posters here - the nightclub was very quiet most nights on both my cruises, unless there was a theme night. Even the theme nights - on my second cruise anyway - were pretty quiet. On my first cruise, it was very busy during the sock hop (which happened elsewhere - one of the lounges - on my second cruise), and not bad on the disco night. My second cruise, even the disco night and 80s night were quite quiet. I'm 35 and don't drink, but I like to dance, so I would always like to see more people there.

Now, people have mentioned that the new ships seem to be geared towards younger people, so hopefully there will be more nightlife happening on your Solstice cruise.

Don't get me wrong - I still love Celebrity, and hope to do more cruises with them. Though my next one may not be because of where I want to go - Celebrity's cruises are a little too long for what I can afford there (plus I need to find a roommate first anyway, and that doesn't seem to be going very well :()

Archived