400 Lay off RCI Miami Office

A friend's friend worked for RCCL and she had less than a year to go for her 20 years and she was laid off. But RCCL is not the only one. NCL is also going to be cutting job have a friend that works there and she was told they are going to re-organize. Those left behind doing the job for 4.

I work for a state agency and we are going to have lay-offs, so it is bad everywhere.

RCI is greedy

RCI is building new ships

RCIis outsourcing (whic they are NOT)

But none of these folks get it! YOUR Congress cost thee people their jobs by stopping any drilling for oil!

The cause of the problem is OIL prices. Oh well, that is how they get re-elected, dumb voters who wouldn't know the facts if they fell on them like a pile of bricks!

so that means that they are not doing so good . is very bad for those 400 families .

A few weeks ago this topic surfaced - turned out to be only 300 and the remaining 100 was positions that would not be filled.

Every major company, Airlines, Car makers, and yes cruise lines are reducing overhead. Some of which makes sense some doesn't.

Company I work for instituted a "Lean" process - supposedly a way to be more efficient - trouble is we are inundated with make work paperwork to justify their existance

And funny that it was moved over here. rofl.gif

I had no idea it was getting moved here, please guys be nice with me lol

To me is really sad , I know some people that worked for that company and is hard for them

Terry

My Sales Rep was one of those affected. How she was selected is beyond me. She was by far one of the best in the business when it came to her customers. We all love her and hope that she lands another job quickly.

It is unfortunately a sign of the times. I am sure that many of us know someone who has been affected job-wise due to the economy. :(

I think lots of companies are doing cost cutting. My company is laying off or not filling 150 positions, mostly at corporate (I'm in field sales). We've also had our expense reports more tightly audited, and restrictions on travel. Doesn't mean we're going under, just trying to recoup those increased costs somewhere.

I think another problem is people are using more and more online TA's instead of the company itself. Although I have to say that I will not be sailing the Oasis anytime soon with the price tag for an inside for one week I could get a suite on several other ships that work just as well as the Oasis!

Highest price on inside for Oasis is 1399 plus taxes and fuel surcharge. This is for summer. Prices in Winter and Fall run from $729 to $879. Exactly where can you get a suite for this price?

RCI is greedy

RCI is building new ships

RCIis outsourcing (whic they are NOT)

But none of these folks get it! YOUR Congress cost thee people their jobs by stopping any drilling for oil!

The cause of the problem is OIL prices. Oh well, that is how they get re-elected, dumb voters who wouldn't know the facts if they fell on them like a pile of bricks!

Must partially disagree with this. The cost of oil is the primary cause of the job losses at RCI. And most voters tend to be lead by the nose, as demonstrated by the insipid political ads we have to suffer through in the US right up until the election in November. We are summed up by the least common demonimator....

But drilling will only supply aid in a 7-12 year time frame when it becomes a viable option. For the equities markets, it could provide a pop in the next month or two with the "news buzz" exciting traders/investors, but yet this "pop" pretty much puts the market players in the same bucket you just placed the voters of the USA....

The jobs might be going to India, but eventually those Indians will be able to afford a cruise like those of us in the USA, only they will show bad Bollywood movies and the cuisine would kill the taste buds of the average american :eek: With that said, I would welcome the same benefits we take for granted in the USA being made available to the citizens of India, the only difference being if a cow wandered on to the ship I would prefer to eat it rather than treat it like it might be a long lost relative....

As for the ones who lost their jobs.... don't give up your spirit.. I have been there and been depressed about it... but as individuals we can overcome and carry on....

Archived