400 Lay off RCI Miami Office

RCI boards would have a better answer, so why are the waiters on Carnival now expected to wait on more person than they had to do before, it seems to be the wave of the future.

Just heard at Ford, someone was in a group of 4, laid off 3 and told the 4th guy he had to do the work of all 4.

On this board, you will likely get the RCL haters to tell you how RCL is going under and all that stuff.

I forget to add , is office personal, not the workers in the ships, is a bad economy, sad.

Yep gotcha from the original post

I just heard that 400 employees were lay off in the Miami office.....

The economy is certainly not looking great for a lot of employees.

They had to pay for all those trees on the Behemoth of the Seas somehow. :cool:

And the pigeons and squirrels to go in them too. make it feel like you are on land and not on a ship at sea...:rolleyes:

I think another problem is people are using more and more online TA's instead of the company itself. Although I have to say that I will not be sailing the Oasis anytime soon with the price tag for an inside for one week I could get a suite on several other ships that work just as well as the Oasis!

Lets face it - in most big corporations there's a lot of fat. They could be picking up efficiencies and automating tasks so it takes less people to do the same amount of work. Thats what we're doing at my company.

Lets just hope they arent outsourcing to India, my company did that to us and didnt seem to care how poorly the india customer service handled things or skipped work we had to pick up the pieces behind them etc.

I think they outsourced so many jobs to India now, you cant hire cheap help there anymore lol, they drove India's economy up.

If it was Carnival cutting staff though, you would say they were being thify Im guessing.

Knew the RCL haters would jump on this lol.

Well duh....there would be no fun otherwise...LOL

at least no one posted it on their board and insulted them there.

:D

Well duh....there would be no fun otherwise...LOL

at least no one posted it on their board and insulted them there.

:D

Actually we had a lot of fun with it on the RCCL board when it was announced several weeks ago.

Lets just hope they arent outsourcing to India, my company did that to us and didnt seem to care how poorly the india customer service handled things or skipped work we had to pick up the pieces behind them etc.

I think they outsourced so many jobs to India now, you cant hire cheap help there anymore lol, they drove India's economy up.

I hope that they are not doing that, we need to keep the jobs in America, I feel bad for the other countries that are having problems but we go first, no need to send more jobs overseas.

:)

The cruise lines seem to be doing great, I just heard that 400 employees were lay off in the Miami office. Does not make sense to me even with the bad economy , cruise ships are full to capacity.

What do you think??

Full capacity doesn't really mean much. If the prices are low and costs are high, they can still struggle with full ships.

Full capacity doesn't really mean much. If the prices are low and costs are high, they can still struggle with full ships.

Very true, many of us dont know , cost can be very high to run all those gigantic ships.

I just feel sad for all the families that are affected, my accountants son is on that company, he still has a job and they told me that many of the persons lay off had like 20 years with the company.

Hopefully things will get better.

Archived